Plattekill 3-23-19

Ski2Live Live2Ski

Too cold and windy to take pix, going full astronaut, but easily having the best day of Eastern skiing of my life and better than many days that I have gotten on planes for. 18" of light fresh powder for real. 90% ungroomed. No lift lines. Absolutely perfect. Steep steps. Deep everywhere. Lots of untracked trees. 

Tomorrow they offer free admission to pass holders at other mountains. If you are someone that would ever get on a plane to ski, you should go to the far less trouble it would take to get yourself here tomorrow. 

If you dont have a pass that will get you free admission, stop on the way up at Potter Bros on 28 and you can get a $60 lift ticket there, which is what I did today. Chose this over Hunter which was closer and where I have a pass, and it was totally the right call.  Also well worth missing the free appetizers at Blue to be here.

Edited by Ski2Live Live2Ski
  • Like 2

Took some pix later in the day when it got warmer. Will post later. Stayed below freezing all day so will still be awesome tomorrow, ad supposed to warm tomorrow PM. Such a cool place they kept the lifts open an hour after planned closing time as everyone was digging it so hard.

In one sign of modernity they did away with the sticker lift tix since my last visit. Is there still anywhere that uses them?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ski2Live Live2Ski said:

Took some pix later in the day when it got warmer. Will post later. Stayed below freezing all day so will still be awesome tomorrow, ad supposed to warm tomorrow PM. Such a cool place they kept the lifts open an hour after planned closing time as everyone was digging it so hard.

In one sign of modernity they did away with the sticker lift tix since my last visit. Is there still anywhere that uses them?

Elk. JFBb. 

1 hour ago, Ski2Live Live2Ski said:

Loveland still does and suicide 6. 

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich
  • Like 1