Comcast guys

JFskiDan

34 minutes ago, Kyle said:

It’s comcast..... you’re going to pay for it at some point. 

Thats kinda why im not jumping all over it.  Nothing in life is truly free.  

And for the record, i no longer hate comcast like i used to.  I do sort of dislike Verizon at this point, though.  

Edited by JFskiDan

We have Comcast/Xfinity internet, but no cable...they sent an email about Peacock, and from what I read, it was free for the base streaming service (which includes commercials and likely not much content), but it was $ 5 a month or so in order to access more stuff.  I didn't sign up for it yet...like you, I wasn't sure if it was actually free, plus I'm not sure if I'd even watch it or if I want to add more apps on my phone/tablet

8 minutes ago, PSUFly said:

We have Comcast/Xfinity internet, but no cable...they sent an email about Peacock, and from what I read, it was free for the base streaming service (which includes commercials and likely not much content), but it was $ 5 a month or so in order to access more stuff.  I didn't sign up for it yet...like you, I wasn't sure if it was actually free, plus I'm not sure if I'd even watch it or if I want to add more apps on my phone/tablet

i have an email that says they will give me the "flex" and Peacock Premium.  the brief research i did on Peacock kinda turned up about the same as what you posted.  Maybe some older shows with commercials, maybe some movies.  Doesnt seem to be anything earth shattering, but maybe there is something there.  

1 hour ago, Kyle said:

It’s comcast..... you’re going to pay for it at some point. 

Recently I had a go-round with Comcast making hard hits on my credit report, which I immediately locked all of them down hard so they couldn't do it anymore.
What a nightmare dealing with their fraud department!
The wouldn't even listen when I told them that Comcast doesn't even serve the area where I live!
What kind of company doesn't perform checks on new accounts prior to opening them in this day and age??

It believe it's free, as in legitimately no strings attached free, if you have comcast internet service (maybe above a certain tier, not 100% sure about that) and rent a comcast modem/gateway. Since it doesn't use cable/coax, i believe it requires MoCa over WiFi to work. @enjoralas might know more specifics than me there. The peacock subscription i think is just all NBCUniversal content, and the Flex box essentially functions like an Apple TV, Kindle Fire, Google Chrome TV, etv, but with the comcast voice remote. It's functionally the same as a normal Xi6 wireless X1 box just without the interactive TV guide and live cable tv, as far as i can tell. Saying this all as a user of the services and my experiences with them. Check comcast's website or talk to tech support for actual details.

I got the free flex box when I got Comcast (Xfinity) internet installed at our house. I only pay $54.83 month after taxes for 200gb so yes it's completely free no strings attached.

We just hooked it up in my son's room as I have roku on all the other tvs in the house. It's pretty nice especially for free.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1