Camelback is the 8th Best Ski Resort in the U.S. & Canada

trackbiker

4 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Ed bacon makes those lost ski area videos…they’re all really good… Dime are you starting to get excited for opening day at camelback in two and a half weeks?

Yes, I prefer to ride at Blue the true but for days when my time is short and the weekend VIP passholder perk will be a nice option every now and then being half the distance as Blue for me.

2 hours ago, DiMe said:

Yes, I prefer to ride at Blue the true but for days when my time is short and the weekend VIP passholder perk will be a nice option every now and then being half the distance as Blue for me.

So camelback opens at 730 on the weekends for passholders? Remember when security at camelback wouldn’t let us drink beer in the lot…so ended up at barley creek..I think that was when @toast21602 had a concussion in a rail jam cause I remember seeing @Justo8484 and Rose at barley creek and them saying. I’ve been to camelback a few times since. Last time was in April 2019 with root and TP4 for an alien day.  

2 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

So camelback opens at 730 on the weekends for passholders? Remember when security at camelback wouldn’t let us drink beer in the lot…so ended up at barley creek..I think that was when @toast21602 had a concussion in a rail jam cause I remember seeing @Justo8484 and Rose at barley creek and them saying. I’ve been to camelback a few times since. Last time was in April 2019 with root and TP4 for an alien day.  

Last time I was at CamelBack (or CB as locals call it) was 2015. I punched a french person in the face and broke my pinky finger. It's still crooked cuz it healed weird I can show you sometime. 

• Like 1
  • Love 2

28 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

We weren't hassled on beers and buds on closing day but we were a bit cautious and even got to park in the upper VIP lot for frees.  Im not sure if its 7 or 7:30 but the first hour the lifts spin is for super duper passholders and ski patrol only.  I utilized it back in the day and it definately was very nice when some fresh snow fell the night before.

Blue gets tracked so crazy fast if it's not a rider of the storm day.  I still cant get over how long I was able to get fresh lines at Elk last year.

Edited by DiMe

20 minutes ago, saltyant said:

Correct. Are you buying the Camelback add on for $221 so you can join awesome skiers like me and @DiMe in 16 days?

Nah I’ll just befriend some camelback locals and see if I can get buddy passes from them. @moe ghoul was a camelback regular in the early 2000s so maybe he knows some old heads willing to hook a brother up. 

37 minutes ago, saltyant said:

Correct. Are you buying the Camelback add on for $221 so you can join awesome skiers like me and @DiMe in 16 days?

No guarentees I will make CBK opening day.  I prefer Blue the true but I couldnt pass up the value for $221 with the weekend perks and proximity I will surely get my monies worth at the most opportune times.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, DiMe said:

No guarentees I will make CBK opening day.  I prefer Blue the true but I couldnt pass up the value for $221 with the weekend perks and proximity I will surely get my monies worth at the most opportune times.

I just checked for new passholders and the price is only $205!! I think I'll spend my $16 savings on some amazing truck pizza at the lower Blue lot. It better be there this season. What a bargain to ski Camelback, the 8th best ski resort in the US & Canada!

Edited by saltyant

5 minutes ago, saltyant said:

I just checked for new passholders and the price is only $205!! I think I'll spend my $16 savings on some amazing truck pizza at the lower Blue lot. It better be there this season. What a bargain to ski Camelback, the 8th best ski resort in the US & Canada!

Prices may vary.  I purchased my pass in February and added Camelback over summer and the price had not changed.  At one point it was cheaper to buy a CBK pass and add on Blue as well.

35 minutes ago, saltyant said:

That pizza truck at Blue mountain went the way of the Dodo bird and the Wholly mammoth..it’s extinct.  RIP pizza stand at Blue…always remembered never forgotten…2021-2021