January 3rd...the comeback. Snow making everywhere.

RidgeRacer

Just now, RidgeRacer said:

Lock dude just stopped me to tell me that conditions are shit. To quote him. Dude on lazy only worth skiing. We'll see. First ride up and I'm taking pasr with me!

i don't know what they are like now but i agree with him.

1 minute ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Skating rink? Or cookies?

very firm. lower main was rough in particular. guns blasting everywhere so had to contend with that on the goggles also. just wasn't a very good day.

burma was decent i guess. glad i got my edges done yesterday.

Edited by Benm
  • Like 3

Kind of expected trash conditions today with that rapid freeze. Glad some PASRs are getting after it. I really can't wait for some new terrain to open. It looks like there are only a few hours this week that they won't be able to blow snow. Love to see winter weather finally here for more than a day!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Benm said:

very firm. lower main was rough in particular. guns blasting everywhere so had to contend with that on the goggles also. just wasn't a very good day.

burma was decent i guess. glad i got my edges done yesterday.

I’ll be back tomorrow AM..I’m looking forward to some winter ski conditions and fresh cord. 

1 minute ago, RidgeRacer said:

Conditions are ok on lazy. Crunchy is the best way to describe it. There's some man made poe to be had under the guns. Only problem is that you're getting blasted in the face when you ski it. My hand is cold now which is a good thing so that's it for this post

IMG_20220103_112633_HDR.jpg

Looks like a decent amount of people out.  College kids are still on break. 

No barely any crowds. I'll take it much better than friday. Midway is absolute trash. It's a straight skating rink. It's actually pretty dangerous. Lower main isn't bad but I'm just blasting down it anyway so it doesn't matter. Haven't skied Burma yet.

Holy shit is that the sun out there on the horizon

IMG_20220103_112907_HDR.jpg

• Like 1

Who’s lock dude?  

It was me LoL.

Slim and I swore we would ski at least 10 runs before leaving. Like making a kid eat their veggies. Then Slim showed me you could actually ski through the asteroid field of ice chunks on skiers right on lazy and if you did not bother skiing the trail and stayed in the gully all the way down was actually fun so we got our 10 and few more

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, RidgeRacer said:

Wow. Just wow. Were in watching me on the webcam? I went in to use the loo. I'm in broadheadsville now for a hot coffee (from Dunkin) and sushi from Weiss!

Nah I actually did some work between your updates.  I had sushi from wegmans.  Well seared Tuna earlier and an arugula salad..no hot bevies for me Snapple diet raspberry iced tea.  

8 minutes ago, tarponhead said:

It was me LoL.

Slim and I swore we would ski at least 10 runs before leaving. Like making a kid eat their veggies. Then Slim showed me you could actually ski through the asteroid field of ice chunks on skiers right on lazy and if you did not bother skiing the trail and stayed in the gully all the way down was actually fun so we got our 10 and few more

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Way to get after it!!!  You two both have a pretty long drive to only ski for an hour.  Like 15 years ago when I was gung hoe about getting a lot of vertical in, me and Atomic Jeff were at blue on a rainy day and did 20 runs.  Now on a rainy day I ski like 5-7 runs lol. The one with toast last year was 5 runs and I was already on my way home at like 855.