Fall Festival

Bear Creek PR

Hi everyone,

Make sure you check out our 1st Annual Fall Festival at the end of the month on 10/29 and 10/30! We are going to have activities for the whole family, including chair lift rides, hay rides, a craft show, a used equipment sale, family portraits, kid's crafts, face painting, caricatures, pie eating and apple bobbing contests, a magic show, jugglers, lots of food and much, much more!

Admission is free!

Hope to see you all there!

~Mary

Bear Creek Public Relations Manager

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is actually a good question... It was a blast when we got to do it at the group leader's picnic, any way we can get pre-approval for some PASR grass skiing at this event?

34551[/snapback]

My guess would be email him and ask...Then again I would probably die, after i went down the hill, though the parking lot, and hit a car.... :unsure:

Hi guys,

I know you all want to see a rail jam, but we just can't swing it this year. Since this is our first Festival we need to focus on making a few events run smoothly. If everything goes well, we will consider it for next year's Festival.

As for pond skimming, that's also not something we can pull off for the Festival. However, we will be doing it again at least once this season, and maybe more than that. We're actually working on installing a pond liner on the mountain in the coming weeks so that we won't have any of the issues we did last winter with the ripping.

Now for some good news. We will allow grass skiing at the Fall Festival! I just checked with Mark and he said it wasn't a problem. However, if we get huge crowds, we may not allow equipment on the chair lift, so be prepared for that.

Let me know if you have any other questions!

Hi guys,

I know you all want to see a rail jam, but we just can't swing it this year. Since this is our first Festival we need to focus on making a few events run smoothly. If everything goes well, we will consider it for next year's Festival.

As for pond skimming, that's also not something we can pull off for the Festival. However, we will be doing it again at least once this season, and maybe more than that. We're actually working on installing a pond liner on the mountain in the coming weeks so that we won't have any of the issues we did last winter with the ripping. 

Now for some good news. We will allow grass skiing at the Fall Festival! I just checked with Mark and he said it wasn't a problem. However, if we get huge crowds, we may not allow equipment on the chair lift, so be prepared for that.

35055[/snapback]

Awsome! :wiggle

Okay, I have a question: what does that mean? You're allowing grass skiing, but without equipment? If so, I'M IN just for the challenge.:rock

But really, just FYI, grass skis can be worn on the lift. Poles are the only real 'extra' equipment the foliage watchers won't have. A triple chair holds three grass skiers...a quad four...

If we can fit three grass skiers on a triple chair, is there then any reason to not allow us up? It's an important point for those of us making 4 hour round trips...

I understood that to mean that if they had a large crowd, we could be hiking.

Last time we carried them up with us, was probably easier than loading and unloading with them on.

Whatever it takes to not have to hike. And, no, sorry, none of mine have gone to parts, yet, Rob.

Yes, I mean that you will have to carry your equipment up with you on the lift. Sorry for the confusion. Also, only the quad chair will be running during the Festival.

Thanks!

~Mary

thanks for the clarification, I planned on carrying the stuff up anyway, Getting off a lift w/ those on might be tricky :nana