1/19 NM/DW Live with Gary Poppa

Johnny Law

I arrived at the lower lot at 850 under partly cloudy skies after being delayed by the funeral procession being led by 3 busses from Wilmington Friends. C1er was in the house but I was slightly behind and got the first chair on the new sixer 

Upper main was a carpet but super soft serve so it went fast, lower was a little lumpy but not bad as its at least 30% poop chute. 

Lazy and Pdis were fine but soft snow and they are slow. NM/DW was why I was there and while far from perfect it was nice to get the turn going. They bifurcated the run out after Jeff's left which is super nice as now you can exit full speed. Another groom should really improve the smoothness. 

By 1040 the barbarian hords from DE had crossed the Hadrian's wall of lazy mile and it was time to go. 

Super nice spring day and major props for rolling out NM/DW.

• Like 4
  • Love 1

TCS was also pretty nice. No one seemed to anxious to get on the quad at rope drop, so I got first chair by myself and first run down Dreamweaver. Razors was roped off right from the beginning, I think they prepped it last night are letting it sit for the race this weekend.

Last run nearly got clobbered on chute by a snowboarder straight lining it.  Poetic justice when she wiped out in the soft stuff on lower Main and I helped clean up the yard sale. 

26932114-49CE-4687-A13C-71B7DE52FA51.thumb.jpeg.c2fa8c453454474be8d65711cfc2bffd.jpeg
BA8E51EA-5CAA-42EE-BF20-31D8B391E57D.thumb.jpeg.418b322c60530e25ba0edeee35153b79.jpeg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, C1erArt said:

Another Dreamweaver vid with an inbound fast mover 

E9B15B7E-A6ED-424F-B2F4-683AD3CAAF22.MOV 14.51 MB · 0 downloads  

I know that guy lol Thanks man ! I have seen very little of myself skiing. The family photographers are usually elsewhere than where I'm skiing and the only other video I've seen are NM's from telluride and a 3 second clip on Peter Glenn's YouTube from 647854 years ago.  

I'll try to remember inside arm next time but it may be a lost cause lol

• Boner City 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Johnny Law said:

I know that guy lol Thanks man ! I have seen very little of myself skiing. The family photographers are usually elsewhere than where I'm skiing and the only other video I've seen are NM's from telluride and a 3 second clip on Peter Glenn's YouTube from 647854 years ago.  

I'll try to remember inside arm next time but it may be a lost cause lol

slut it up more next time

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

A few hours later and you would have been airborne if you skied that line the same way. Most of the place was floaty potatoes with a few deep sugar spots. Ultra rowdy on NMDW. The kind of snow where you need super soft knees and just surf it out. 

In the snow from 6-8. Cosmic snow tubing looks pretty cool. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Schif said:

A few hours later and you would have been airborne if you skied that line the same way. Most of the place was floaty potatoes with a few deep sugar spots. Ultra rowdy on NMDW. The kind of snow where you need super soft knees and just surf it out. 

In the snow from 6-8. Cosmic snow tubing looks pretty cool. 

Exactly why I'm over night sessions mid season. Weeknight crowds and sugar are the worst combo.