2/12…cloudy..sausage Sunday.

GrilledSteezeSandwich

Hey All,

I’m back from another fun morning at Blue mountain. I arrived at the lower lot before 720 and it was 26 degrees under Cloudy skies.  The snowmaking cannons were turned off but snow was made all over the mountain overnight.  In the house were Atomic Jeff, Johnny Law, TP4, Dirtwolf, Boo Bear, Enjorales, Pops, Bethlehem ford crew, PARidge, BenM, Mixilplix and many others.  

I skied challenge first and it was ok, some slow spots, Coming soon was ok at the top but lower paradise was rough, uneven snow and some slick spots.  Main Street had a lot of sugar, switchback was decent but a lot of people on it and lazy mike was crazy mile.  The chute skied well but has a lot of loose rocks and Burma was ok.  

Fun parking lot today with beers, snacks, burgers, dogs, fatties, squirting cheesy sausages as well.  Now I’m half asleep at work.  JADIP

284E6F0E-3DD1-4231-BCF0-ADBD85BE6A10.jpeg

7B1C7FFD-DA27-457B-9C04-1559A37E0D7F.jpeg

• Like 8

Challenge was better the second time I skied it around 10am. Switchback was decent as was Curzies. Most everything else was kinda rough but facttorring in the way the weather has been the conditions are pretty good. Thanks for getting my car in your pics.

Edited by mute1080

19 minutes ago, RidgeRacer said:

Switch was good but I think what we're starting to see is that the main street lift is bringing more people than ever onto that trail specifically. It was better than yesterday 

IMG_20230212_085645_HDR~2.jpg

200000% agree, today was good and switch was very good but it's all about that free release. 

The booter is perfect, unless your exceptionally precise each takeoff is slightly different. Each time it's hurling you ass into the right with lots of speed slightly off balance in a fast transition to the edge. 

Snow elsewhere was a hodge podge and the trails felt busy af but nobody used to ski switch so maybe it's just in my head.

Massive props to Enjo, you put on a feast and the amount of joy you bring to so many strangers......Your like the mother Teresa of meats and all things delicious. 

• Like 7

Fun morning at Blue today...First couple of trips down TCS and Switch were great....Conditions started to deteriorate as the morning went on....Main started to get thick. .Although I did a Raceway/Midway/Lower Main and it was good...That new six moves way more people than the double double ever could...It had the line moving pretty quick...Riding single I could lap the quad easily..Fantastic array of edible delights in the lot thanks to @enjoralas...Great morning to be at Blue Mountain.....

20230212_084002.jpg

• Like 5

2 hours ago, zzslope said:

Challenge was better the second time I skied it around 10am. Switchback was decent as was Curzies. Most everything else was kinda rough but facttorring in the way the weather has been the conditions are pretty good. Thanks for getting my car in your pics.

Wooo

Longest day at Blue this year and probably the slowest but we had a good time with the kids. Props to @enjoralasand the rest of the PASRs for welcoming our friends. They were raving about the bacon cheeseburgers and how friendly everyone was. 

Went back out to catch a couple runs before their 4 hour pass ended. The sugar softened up to cream and it was fun. Kids were loving Burma with the side hits and Yeti park but still can’t convince them to French fry before the Main State flat and make it across.

The line wasn’t too bad at the new 6 but the amount of people and skis laying on the snow in front of it was a pain to get through.  I guess lack of snow also doesn’t help anyone spread out.

9308AB16-E104-463C-9036-E0C58B59EA63.jpeg

Edited by mute1080
  • Like 8
  • Love 1

Today was fun- first time that we were the last ones in the lot. Our friends didn’t get at first why we were so specific where we park, but after returning to the lot for a break they totally got it. Thanks @enjoralasfor the feast.  I was shocked with how crowded the slopes were staying out so much later, but people were not going at Mach speed like they do on weeknights, which was a refreshing change with kids in tow. Looking forward to heading back up for a double dip during the Super Bowl. 

Edited by Boo Bear
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Boo Bear said:

Today was fun- first time that we were the last ones in the lot. Our friends didn’t get at first why we were so specific where we park, but after returning to the lot for a break they totally got it. Thanks @enjoralasfor the feast.  I was shocked with how crowded the slopes were staying out so much later, but people were not going at Mach speed like they do on weeknights, which was a refreshing change with kids in tow. Looking forward to heading back up for a double dip during the Super Bowl. 

Way to get after it!!!  Was rad seeing your crew right under the new super summit safari six pack.  Also nice seeing your friends and their kids get to try some of Enjorales deliciousness and also the Bethlehem ford crew..that fatty OMG..and it had me sweating..wooo

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, zzslope said:

Feel free to stop by our row and say hi.  At 719am I usually don’t have any snacks..sorry.