12/28…going fast

GrilledSteezeSandwich

Hey All,

I’m back from another morning session at Blue mountain the true mountain. I arrived at the lower lot at 7:22am and it was 49 degrees with light rain falling.  In the house were Atomic Jeff, JFDan, BenM, Dirtwolf, Indiggio, Dime, Tele Matt and the Bethlehem ford crew.  

First civilian super summit safari to access the damage on Main Street and one hole and one very long and broad skeet spot..nice conditions on midway and Main Street..still hero snow.  Up the quad and coming soon wasn’t that smooth..lower paradise is getting real thin and the top of paradise is very thin but the middle part is almost wall to wall and the snow is still white.  

It was nice having another empty session, not nice for Blue as they’re losing millions, maybe even billions of dollars every day.  Continued with some more paradise and midway to Main Street until about 930 then hungout in the lot and had some beer.

While the skiing was pleasant, I got pretty soaked.  Tomorrow should be similar and by the weekend Blue will patch together what they can and likely back to opening day terrain. My guess is after New Year’s Day, they’ll likely close for a few days in an attempt to refresh everything during the couple of hours of potential marginal snowmaking conditions.  

JADIP

• Like 4

Just got home from a morning sesh at Blue The True.  I counted 14 civilian heads waiting for opening bell.  Snow was as to be expected fast, wet and thin kind of how I like my......   Im not sure Paradise will make the weekend. 

PS, PASR needs more riders as those guys in that chair wont wait a second for a guy to strap in! 🤣

20231228_090846.jpg

20231228_084727.jpg

20231228_081356.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Sorry Dime, I’d wait for you if not for the others.  

Also a lady on the chair in front of us skied right off the loading platform at the bottom of the super summit safari..then she decided to join the five of us and was trying to get back in her skis from a sitting position.  Dumbass..

• Like 1
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, DiMe said:

Just got home from a morning sesh at Blue The True.  I counted 14 civilian heads waiting for opening bell.  Snow was as to be expected fast, wet and thin kind of how I like my......   Im not sure Paradise will make the weekend. 

PS, PASR needs more riders as those guys in that chair wont wait a second for a guy to strap in! 🤣

It's very rare to ride with elite PASRs unless you're quick. I typically ride with strangers who sometimes like to gab about things I don't care about, which forces me to pause my helmet tunes to appear polite.

5 minutes ago, saltyant said:

It's very rare to ride with elite PASRs unless you're quick. I typically ride with strangers who sometimes like to gab about things I don't care about, which forces me to pause my helmet tunes to appear polite.

I have rode with several elite PASR of legends of the past, to current.  Even on Vermonts highest peak!  Even lapped the Camels large jump line with TTC6!

Edited by DiMe
  • Boner City 2

Just now, RidgeRacer said:

Never forget that time we all had your back at jack frost when he want to fight you. Xoxoxo

Oh I remember. Then later he wanted to make nice and got me, Melissa, Sexkitten and BobLikesCats on the list at some nightclub in Philly then got pissed at all of us because nobody showed up. 

1 hour ago, Johnny Law said:

I have not been looking as I know the weather is shit but God damn they need some cold. 

I can’t help but look at the webcams..it’s like a train wreck..hard to look away…still some snow left on razors and upper Main Street has some snow they could try to push onto lower..and can push some of the snow from Freefall onto lower paradise.  Less terrain and more crowds this weekend…you ain’t missing much except some nice hero snow today and Tuesday..

3 hours ago, saltyant said:

@saltyant share in their energy..tell them about steamboat and your adventures.  

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

I didn’t go today. I just didn’t feel like it.  A darn shame as tomorrow will be worse snow and more crowded.  

Dang, and today was probably the best day for a while if it's only gonna get worse. Thanks, Al Gore.

Edited by saltyant