Today

saltyant

12 minutes ago, Johnny Law said:

It looks like good snow, how were the turns ? 

The snow was amazing with the full sunlight. Hump and Asp felt like western groomers at times. 10/10, would recommend for sick turns.

Edited by saltyant
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Who took the picture.  Maybe taken by drone. 

My snowboarding brah. We skied and rode Camelback from 10 am to 2:30 with a stop in the hotel house water park area restaurant for some lunch. I had a grilled Steezeburger. It was grate

Edited by saltyant
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, saltyant said:

My snowboarding brah. We skied and rode Camelback from 10 am to 2:30 with a stop in the hotel house water park area restaurant for some lunch. I had a grilled Steezeburger. It was grate

Nice did you see any ladies in bikinis?…is there free ski check or do you bring skis into restaurant?

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, saltyant said:

The snow was amazing with the full sunlight. Hump and Asp felt like western groomers at times. 10/10, would recommend for sick turns.

Damn, I figured today would be perfect after it got more time and another groom. It's been a bit since I've been there but the little bit steep one skiers right is le tits when the snow is good.  

• Boner City 1

24 minutes ago, DiMe said:

@saltyantDid they add any new features to the park trails?  Please keep mw updated.

I didn't even know there was a terrain park open until this afternoon. I did see some hoodads and thingamajigs in the park where people get mad steezy air, but I forgot to count how many there were.

44 minutes ago, Johnny Law said:

Damn, I figured today would be perfect after it got more time and another groom. It's been a bit since I've been there but the little bit steep one skiers right is le tits when the snow is good.  

The Hump is now a double black diamond. Crazy, when I started skiing at Camelback it was just a regular black diamond. They grow up so fast

Edited by saltyant
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 1/17/2024 at 9:41 PM, saltyant said:

I didn't even know there was a terrain park open until this afternoon. I did see some hoodads and thingamajigs in the park where people get mad steezy air, but I forgot to count how many there were.

You crazy.  Pay more attention if not but for keeping those that care informed!  CBK has really dropped the ball on the park scene from a decade ago.  There's just no reason for me to go there especially with this Stevenson debacle.  A 3 tiny feature park and one summit lift thats actually works most of the time, yesh!!  Step it up Camel!

• Confused 1

9 hours ago, DiMe said:

You crazy.  Pay more attention if not but for keeping those that care informed!  CBK has really dropped the ball on the park scene from a decade ago.  There's just no reason for me to go there especially with this Stevenson debacle.  A 3 tiny feature park and one summit lift thats actually works most of the time, yesh!!  Step it up Camel!

Still no Stevenson lift to access all this amazing perder. Super duper lame-o CBK!

Just now, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

How have cliffhanger and Mississippi mile been??

The Mile was grate the 4 times I skied it this season. One time I hiked up which was radical since no one was around. It felt like skiing the back country and I saw some deer on the trail. Then it started to rain. I don't even know if they'll open Cliffhanger this year. Skiing only half the mountain is getting lame, I think they should refund half of the $205 I paid for the add on

8 minutes ago, saltyant said:

Still no Stevenson lift to access all this amazing perder. Super duper lame-o CBK!

Im on my way out the door to Blue now for the fresh falling morning perder. Boooo CBK.

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, DiMe said:

Im on my way out the door to Blue now for the fresh falling morning perder. Boooo CBK.

They did give my snowboarding brah a free pass for their blizzard day debacle which was worth $79 so that was pretty rad of them. But they had all summer to get that lift up and running consistently. Not. Cool.

Back in 2012ish they had all their features and a bunch of sheds and fences tagged up by some graffiti artists from NYC. It was pretty cool for a minute there. 

Parks in general have seen a decline. They're expensive to maintain and build since they take up a lot of snowmaking resources, and the majority of guests won't care if it's there or not. It's a pretty small proportion of overall visitors to a ski area that are ever really using a terrain park. A few places like JFBB were the exception but even there Vail has decided it's not going to continue building terrain parks. 

Maybe that trend is reversing though. 

• Like 1

I think the park scene is dying out.  15-20 years ago it was huge with terrain parks and half pipes at even little ski areas.  Big boulder was an almost all park mountain.  I think a lot of the JibHonks have grown up and either don’t ski anymore or keep their skis on the snow.  When blue first opened a terrain park, it was called a snowboard park and I believe snowboarders only.  

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

When blue first opened a terrain park, it was called a snowboard park and I believe snowboarders only.  

It was the first year,  they would always be yelling at me and my cousin and threatening to pull our passes. We would explain it to them endlessly and show them our park skis and shit but they had zero clue and just kept repeating the rule.  

In all the things I've seen at blue that was the dumbest, 99% of people at that time had zero clue and would just case the shit out of every table top. 

Truthfully I had only learned a bit before that from some like 7 year old kid who threw down at Mt snow when they left the x games parks open to the public.  

• Confused 1

ha i remember when blue didn't allow snowboards lol. A gazillion years ago I had a wood burton board with two metal skegs (still have it somewhere) and a kind of water ski binding, i remember tooling around with it at jack frost and getting chased off the hill

fuck i'm old...

Edited by mbike-ski
  • Like 4
  • Haha 2

52 minutes ago, Johnny Law said:

It was the first year,  they would always be yelling at me and my cousin and threatening to pull our passes. We would explain it to them endlessly and show them our park skis and shit but they had zero clue and just kept repeating the rule.  

In all the things I've seen at blue that was the dumbest, 99% of people at that time had zero clue and would just case the shit out of every table top. 

Truthfully I had only learned a bit before that from some like 7 year old kid who threw down at Mt snow when they left the x games parks open to the public.  

Blue was still skiers only the 95-96 ski season. They were amoung the last five or six hold outs including mad river glen, Alta, Deer Valley and Taos.  Back then regularly families would show up with one snowboarder and told no snowboarders and everybody left so in 96-97 they allowed snowboarders.  

• Like 1

8 hours ago, EdBacon said:

Back in 2012ish they had all their features and a bunch of sheds and fences tagged up by some graffiti artists from NYC. It was pretty cool for a minute there. 

Parks in general have seen a decline. They're expensive to maintain and build since they take up a lot of snowmaking resources, and the majority of guests won't care if it's there or not. It's a pretty small proportion of overall visitors to a ski area that are ever really using a terrain park. A few places like JFBB were the exception but even there Vail has decided it's not going to continue building terrain parks. 

Maybe that trend is reversing though. 

One of the graffiti writers CB hired, “Ader” is one of the biggest snitches in nyc graffiti history lol.  Revs and Skuf both served time cause of him. He also ratted on some writers in Japan.

however, CB also hired “2esae” who is a nyc graffiti legend, so I guess it evens out lol

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, theprogram4 said:

One of the graffiti writers CB hired, “Ader” is one of the biggest snitches in nyc graffiti history lol.  Revs and Skuf both served time cause of him. He also ratted on some writers in Japan.

however, CB also hired “2esae” who is a nyc graffiti legend, so I guess it evens out lol

That is dope..when blue builds their water park, it will be sweet if the non snitch paints a mural next to the wave pool. 

• Boner City 1