Mountain Creek season pass sale $279, Good for rest of this season and all next season, no blackouts.

rgrwilco

16 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Why so cheap?  Is mountain creek doing poorly?  Are they still owned by Intrawest?  

I flew over Mountain Creek and I was like is this a ski resort or an ant hill? So tiny. The place doesn't even begin to compare to big resorts like Camelback

Edited by saltyant

21 minutes ago, saltyant said:

I flew over Mountain Creek and I was like is this a ski resort or an ant hill? So tiny. The place doesn't even begin to compare to big resorts like Camelback

I thought it has almost a thousand vert and a gondola.  I know @RootDKJ and @eaf like it but they’re jersey boys. 

• Thanks 1

Yesterday's sale at MC was quite a show. They first released only 1000 passes, and it completely blew up with people unable to checkout for hours, going in circles and complaining on FB. Then they added another 1000 passes, wiped out the initial FB post with bitching comments and replaced it with a new "we know that a lot of you missed on the sale" one. And the new round of comments is nothing but praises.

$279 is a good price, no doubts about it. The catch is the usual one - they have shorter season and less reliable snow than BM or CB.

They seem to doing well. They plan on bringing some old trails back to life, and add another lift to vernon peak. they are making a 5 million dollar investment into automated snowmaking this season as well.

In terms of shorter season, it depends on the year. for 19/20, blue and creek opened on the same date, and closed on the same date due to covid shutdowns, and in 20/21 blue opened 5 days earlier and closed a day earlier. But there are some years where blue opens almost a month before hand. Weather is weird.

• Like 1

Meh, they like to overextend their season. I skied MC a few times late in March when they really should've closed already. It was all dirt and slush. Connectivity between peaks is often an issue too.

But yeah, I saw their post with big yellow guns. It would be cool to see improved snow making. And I don't think that shorter season is their fault. It's just a little warmer in that area than in Poconos, and that makes some difference.

I'm not sure how low they would have to go to get me to buy a pass but they have not gotten there yet. When I lived 45 minutes away I would go there occasionally but more often hit Hidden Valley a mile away (no longer open to publoc).

Big crowds, dull terrain (especially once they closed pipeline), long hike from the lot, and the only TTB lift for the non park peak makes you remove skis to stand up in the elements for your ride up. 

They should consider a combined pass with Big Snow, which they own and could compensate for their ever shortening season.

Nah. When crowds are manageable and snow is good (as it was on any of the recent weekdays), MC is much more interesting to explore than BM or CB, both of which feel more compact and offering repetitive skiing, often just looping the same couple of trails that happen to be good today. If I lived 45 minutes away from MC, I'd absolutely get a pass there.

• Like 1
  • Boner City 1

I lived in 3 different towns in Hudson County, all places within a block of the cliff overlooking the Hudson River across from Manhattan 

I moved to Central NJ when my employment shifted from NYC to Philly - though Central NJ works for either and I now work (Hybrid -  couple days a week in office) in Jersey City

Edited by Ski2Live Live2Ski

9 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Eaf said the terrain is more interesting than at Blue 

I'll give him the cabriolet but Eaf is a contratrian so of course he would say that.  

It's in dirty jers, no offense I have family in JC who lived in Berkeley heights forever but it's still jersey. 

• Like 3