3/4/24 Montgomery Burns

Today was excellent.  Quinnesential spring skiing.  Rode from 9-12.  Only the quad was running, sometimes had 20 second lines.  Coming soon was un groomed and not too good.  Paradise was excellent.  Nightweaver was excellent and ROTD.  Razors was excellent.  Challenge was ok but I only did that once.  Sidewinder was closed.  Switchback was excellent but may get the knockout blow in the next few days.  Didn’t hit Main Street but shit stain looked big.

IMG_0805.thumb.png.2f074bae18eed891edf33633b1d4e0ee.png

• Like 7

I had a call until 905 so I didn't make first chair, I yelled to TP4 when he was going to the quad but I was too slow and he was on a mission to crush razors. I saw C1er from the lift and 1/2 of the boom crew was there. 

No sun so not quite as hot as yesterday but very similar snow. Alas I regret to inform all that after a long hard battle Sidewinder has passed. Switch is holding down the tradition and it was top flight kinda conditions. Challenge was great as was Razors though in 4 tries I couldn't get a middle section without goobers. Someone said it was instructor training but they couldn't link two Chris Christie's together. 

Rotd was raceway, le chute, lower, with only the quad it was empty and I haven't ridden the loser lift in forever. Super super nice morning with old school crowds.

• Like 6
  • Sad 1

49 minutes ago, theprogram4 said:

Today was excellent.  Quinnesential spring skiing.  Rode from 9-12.  Only the quad was running, sometimes had 20 second lines.  Coming soon was un groomed and not too good.  Paradise was excellent.  Nightweaver was excellent and ROTD.  Razors was excellent.  Challenge was ok but I only did that once.  Sidewinder was closed.  Switchback was excellent but may get the knockout blow in the next few days.  Didn’t hit Main Street but shit stain looked big.

IMG_0805.thumb.png.2f074bae18eed891edf33633b1d4e0ee.png

Dang, you must be using @DiMe's photography machine.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Johnny Law said:

I had a call until 905 so I didn't make first chair, I yelled to TP4 when he was going to the quad but I was too slow and he was on a mission to crush razors. I saw C1er from the lift and 1/2 of the boom crew was there. 

No sun so not quite as hot as yesterday but very similar snow. Alas I regret to inform all that after a long hard battle Sidewinder has passed. Switch is holding down the tradition and it was top flight kinda conditions. Challenge was great as was Razors though in 4 tries I couldn't get a middle section without goobers. Someone said it was instructor training but they couldn't link two Chris Christie's together. 

Rotd was raceway, le chute, lower, with only the quad it was empty and I haven't ridden the loser lift in forever. Super super nice morning with old school crowds.

Nice report…Chris Christie is a legend and glad he’s officially entered the world of ski technique.  Nice that the boom crew is out, while Harold is the strongest skier of the group, Bethlehem Ford guy has the most elegant technique and therefore he’s the Jean Claude Killy of the group.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mute1080 said:

We'll be up tonight since Blue's closed the next two days SAD

Damn... Just why?? Tomorrow it rains only in the morning, and on Wednesday in the afternoon. Wednesday morning would be great, and they'd have plenty of time to groom before it.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, eaf said:

Damn... Just why?? Tomorrow it rains only in the morning, and on Wednesday in the afternoon. Wednesday morning would be great, and they'd have plenty of time to groom before it.

Corporate monetary decision. I should have gone this AM but still had an afterglow and sunburn from yesterdays epic spring day and a lot of work to do.  Now I’m gonna have be at work all day tomorrow sheesh. 

3 hours ago, Johnny Law said:

Ahh damn I totally didn’t hear you and somehow didn’t see you 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Johnny Law said:

To be fair GSS is the creator of the chris Christie's, he said it yesterday so that's prior art.

Damn it. It’s like a Morgan Freeman thing where I read it in JLaw’s voice which made it. Picturing GSS making that crack gets followed by his 2 honking laughs and hiding the nearest children.

Most excellent conditions tonight. Saw mBike in the lot and skied with DirtWolf and Blake. Lazy was my ROTN, let them run. Will be sad to see it wash away until Thursday

• Like 3
  • Haha 2