Taos, Snowbowl, Vegas ??!!!???

Hell yeah. looks incredible. recent snowfall appears to have made things real nice for you guys. Upper bowl is open at SB and another round on snow is supposed to hit on Friday. Hopefully you timed it perfectly. Enjoy!

Edited by RidgeRacer
  • Like 1

La Luna Mystica!  I’ve always wanted to stay in one of those trailers!  Did they reopen the brewery next door?  It was closed for a while after Covid.  

Awesome report, so glad you had a great time!

• Like 1

Sucks about upper bowl being closed for you. Been up there once and it was memorable for sure. Hoping you got to sample some of the trees off of upper catwalk and off of the Gondi line. And yeah those high speed runs in lower bowl, log jam are worth the price of admission (upper and lower ridge too). Glad you had a great day. Pass renewed for next year so hit me up if you ever do wanna go back for upper bowl.

Edited by RidgeRacer
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Johnny Law said:

Sometimes I don't want to go to the store which is less than 4 actual minutes down the road but then today I did 600 miles and since last Friday something like 3k. 

I got up as early as I could muster after 3 days of maximum shenanigans, its a bachelor party so to the grave but I highly recommend the boulders golf course and cake on the strip in Scottsdale. You make your own fun but some of the rowdiest shit in my life.  

I'm just getting to Mammoth, I scored a sweet ski in/out condo but I'm posting because my path took me about 30mins from death valley and I almost didn't make the detour. I've been lucky enough to go alot of places and drive alot of cool drives but Holy fucking shit death valley was absolutely stunning. 

Massive vistas in an almost alien landscape it was maybe the best drive I've ever been on.  If your nearby don't miss it, it's as close as you can get to being on mars and except for the main area I saw almost no one for 50 miles. 

20240407_163500.jpg

20240407_165328.jpg

Death Valley is the best detour I've made on a trip. Badwater Basin is pretty cool being so far below sea level. Really underrated park. Glad your car took you there!

• Love 1

3 hours ago, RidgeRacer said:

What a trip dude. Skiing at 4 different mountains in 3 different states and, oh by the way, throw in Death Valley and Las Vegas while your at it. That's how you see / ski the west. WTGAI!!

Thanks for the kind words and beta on snowbowl, I really like the exploration part of skiing and seeing new hills or places I don't remember. This country is super safe and has endless incredible shit so might as well see it. Skiing i feel like why the hell do I want to know where I am and where I'm going all the time? Snowbowl was super surprising and with the upper bowl is a big sleeper. 

Idaho/Montucky are up for next season but I keep saying that about revelstoke and then something happens so who knows. 

2 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Nice reports..JLaw was it just you and your brother skiing or some solo skiing? 

Just me for the skiing, my brother citing extreme business could only make the bachelor party. Skiing at June was the only time it was a bit weird, like summer school or something where it felt odd no one was there but I make friends fast.

A Japanese lady at Mammoth was my favorite, I think she was literally insane. She was lost at cloud 9 lift and absolutely interrogating the lifties about getting to eagle and I made the mistake of saying I could take her. 10 mins later she's still talking to me about her crystals and shakras and how the eclipse is the start of a new celestial era and all that jazz. 

• Like 5
  • Haha 3

Jlaw takes the most badass ski trips, cause he not only hits all different places, but turns them into a road trip seeing different parts of the country.  If I ever win the lottery (not possible as I don’t play) it would be cool to just drive all over the western US in the winter, following the snow

• Like 5

5 hours ago, theprogram4 said:

Jlaw takes the most badass ski trips, cause he not only hits all different places, but turns them into a road trip seeing different parts of the country.  If I ever win the lottery (not possible as I don’t play) it would be cool to just drive all over the western US in the winter, following the snow

I agree I thought by this age I’d be doing stuff like that but I’m bad at saving money and I really can’t take off much time from work right now it’s all gas no brakes…

16 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

I agree I thought by this age I’d be doing stuff like that but I’m bad at saving money and I really can’t take off much time from work right now it’s all gas no brakes…

You did the same in CO for a bunch of years and being busy at work is a good problem to have 

• 2 weeks later...