Bear Creek Park Ideas

BC Iron Works

instead of making all boxes put in a few more of the 5 or 6 inch wide metal rails like the flat red one....bring back the big blue battleship from 2 yrs ago, that was sweet

you people need to lay off on all the urban stuff, handrails-sweet but...missiles? c'mon you say it would all be fun but halfway through the season when you cant get tech on them your gonna think they get old and be beggin for some rails and boxes

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yea but 500 vert is not freeriding, look at echo mountain. I think this area can support 1 all terrain park mountain. I think Bear Creek is most suited for it becuase of its short vert, not great free riding. Too bad Mountain Creek is the closest to it with 8 park trails, cuz every trail they use is a good free riding one.

"park rats" dont spend $150+ a night on slopeside lodging like families and gapers do. that alone is enough reason for bear to not become a park only mountain. it just doesnt make sound business sense. also, a few of the trails at bear are really too narrow or steep to be used as terrain park areas, mostly the stuff under the triple chair.

"park rats" dont spend $150+ a night on slopeside lodging like families and gapers do. that alone is enough reason for bear to not become a park only mountain. it just doesnt make sound business sense. also, a few of the trails at bear are really too narrow or steep to be used as terrain park areas, mostly the stuff under the triple chair.

perfect reason to stay away from all park, but one more park wouldnt hurt anyone

I don't see what the differance is, the area is saturated with ski hills for the market. If one place did it, it would work. I've personally been thinking if Hidden Valley NJ did they would work out becuase u get a big draw from Mountain Creek already, it has almost 1000 vert but its like 4 or 5 top to bottom runs and a really long bunny hill, I mean really long. THe bunny hill could be a jib park, everything else a mixed park. The problem is right now there is basically no park. But its dieing, someday it will close. Thats when I see it following Bear Mountain, Ecko mountain, and boreal mountain. (all 3 are all park mountains and they work it just fine)

I don't see what the differance is, the area is saturated with ski hills for the market. If one place did it, it would work. I've personally been thinking if Hidden Valley NJ did they would work out becuase u get a big draw from Mountain Creek already, it has almost 1000 vert but its like 4 or 5 top to bottom runs and a really long bunny hill, I mean really long. THe bunny hill could be a jib park, everything else a mixed park. The problem is right now there is basically no park. But its dieing, someday it will close. Thats when I see it following Bear Mountain, Ecko mountain, and boreal mountain. (all 3 are all park mountains and they work it just fine)

Yes they all work for a reason. They have real skiers and boarders in there areas. In our area the only real skiers are like people on these message boards. You don't see the families that come in a couple of times a season in here do you, No. That is what makes up most of the poconos clientele, and those people aren't interested in an all park mountain. Sure they go in and ruin the park at your home mountain, thats because they are exploring, but they wouldn't buy a lift ticket for an all park mountain.

Most of up probably used to ski a few times a year or came from family like that...at least initially. It's amazing how many never ever skiers Booter mountain and I'm sure Bear Creek have. And the little rollers we use to pump down and get speed off of...they get 6 inches of air of do sideways stuff. The last week of the ski season Zonked, Concussion Ted, and I took a sidewinder run. I got air a few times but Ted got mad steezy air off so many of the features. Even Atomic Jeff likes to get steezy air in the park. A good park is super important and as long as next winter is cold all Booter and Bear should have their best parks ever due to all the demand for it. Whatever brings in the money.....Do you need a park pass at Bear Creek? Booter might have one next season.

there are plenty of debates about that in older topics just look, lets try not to hijack this thread with park pass debates

Keep in mind guys location is a huge factor. Bear Mountain, Echo, Boreal, are all either larger mountains with ample amounts of snowfall/snomaking, or are located near major population areas. The East Coast has never been fully geared to parks as much as mountains out west have. I believe in the future within the next 5-10 years terrain parks will be more mainstream than ever before and even more important to resorts. Once slopestyle enters lets say a olympic event (and it will) I'm sure we will see a transition from resorts having a park for marketing purposes, to a resort needing a high calibur park to stay a float. Think about it, you even see that some places now. Now a resort with a good park can compete with the best vert. resorts. (ie mountain creek) Give it time and you will see an all mountain terrain park pop up in the mid-atlantic region. But not for a couple of years.

Whoever said they want an all park mountain, go to Whaleback in NH. Its not all parks, but its park and bumps.

I'd love an all park mountian that features bump trails, freestly mogul skiing, pipes, bordercross... the works.

oh yea and jibs jumps and more jibs. :D

That sounds awesome...if would be good if it also had Nastar...and also tree skiing... :rock

alright we are making a little more business, but we still dont have the families who make up all the business

:rock

If only they stuck Bear Creek on top of Blue mountain...PapaSteeze could use one of the big dirt moving trucks and they would just have to close off specific roads...then I could cruise the Bear Creek Free ride jib honk team for a little then drop into Razors for mad steezy speed... :wiggle:rock:wiggle

that would be so incredibly sweet, but id rather see them put blue on bear, so i'd have a shorter drive :nana

Guest jeenyus2690

they did have plans for a super pipe but there deff not doing it more next season. they are def widening cascade park and doing some other improvements but the superpipe is being held off for many reasons

they did have plans for a super pipe but there deff not doing it more next season. they are def widening cascade park and doing some other improvements but the superpipe is being held off for many reasons

the reasons are...

weather, have you ever seen how much snow goes into a super pipe? Even one like mountain creek's that has almost all of the base built out of dirt hills it takes a massive amount of snow. Think dirt mounds 15 feet high, however wide across. They have to fill that whole thing with snow and then it gets pushed around. It is a serious drain on the rest of the mountain's snowmaking budget. And mountain creek is getting big time money out of the marketing and TV stuff for the Grand Prix, Bear Creek doesn't have much reason to do it. Look at Roundtop, they dumped their super pipe becuase it was so expesnive.