Blue 1/11

Stevo

It's only supposed to rain 1/4 of an inch and not till later so it should be nice. I wonder if alot of ski groups were cancel due to tonights weather... :o

conditions were really good this morning... no new rails in the park. just some weird twin tipper who needs to learn some form of style before he comes skiing again. he spun this haggard looking 3 and his skis were all over the place and had freakin airplane arms. then he goes and hits some box and his skis were all over again. he. not to mention when he is out of the park he couldnt ski for crap. that just bothers me for some reason. i think that actually knowing how to ski helps your skills in the park tremendously...

Wow it's cool that you already skied today.. This mist is setting up....Anyway I need to get some Taco Bell for the office... :rock Toast, how close do you live from Blue, thats sick that you posted when I got to work, did 19 runs, and than posted again. You must live hella close...

its about a 7 1/2 - 9 minute drive depending on who you get stuck behind and if the passing lanes are clear...

but yeah... it was mad foggy when i left. i think i might head up again tonight if it isnt too rainy... but for now i'm taking my aunt out for lunch and probably hitting up Nestors to see whats new and then to Home Depot to buy some more supplies for rails....

yea the weather here in bethlum leads me to think blue is gonna be pretty bad tonight. im going to get my new phone in a lil bit. so i hadn't planned on going anyway. ill be there tomorow to watch dougy fresh mop up nastar though. has greg confirmed that he is going. i wanna ski with that putz one of these days!

Why would the fog stop you from going? If anything, it would be rain :confused

Ah ha - ever experienced vertigo? truly a very weird thing to be out west, in thin air, on steep ungroomed slopes and not be able to even see your skis, the fog is so thick.. I thought no biggie, I can "feel" my way down, and then... wham it starts to hit you, you feel woozy and start loosing your sense of balance because your eyes are wide open and everything is white and there is nothing below but a 30 degree pitch, no horizon, no nothing and every time you move you move downwards.... Weird really weird....

This morning the conditions were awesome. Everything that was crappy last nite was wonderful today.. n then it rained. A lot. At like 3 we get off the quad, n it just turns into a downpour. Quick run thru the park n inside by 3:15. Visibility at the top n 1/2way down just got worse n worse from the am til around when I stopped boarding. Later in the evening when the rain lessened I heard conditions became great again.

Hey toast - the skiier that ur talkin about - was he the guy that ate it on the lip on the right in the lower park? Like, he took an entire chunk outta the lip. We're up there thinkin 'wtf'?

Was really funny when another skiier hit the 1st booter before the wall ride [aka after the c-box] - midair he screams 'oh fuck!' twists sideways, n then just falls..

Those of u who weren't there today.. just wait til ya'll see the park! They redid some last nite.. where the silly wedge n then booter was, is now a huge roller-esque which drops u down to a big wedge kicker, n then there's 2 more booters - the bigger, on the right, measures 58ft!

Why would the fog stop you from going? If anything, it would be rain :confused

Ah ha - ever experienced vertigo? truly a very weird thing to be out west, in thin air, on steep ungroomed slopes and not be able to even see your skis, the fog is so thick.. I thought no biggie, I can "feel" my way down, and then... wham it starts to hit you, you feel woozy and start loosing your sense of balance because your eyes are wide open and everything is white and there is nothing below but a 30 degree pitch, no horizon, no nothing and every time you move you move downwards.... Weird really weird....

I always knew it as "Whiteout" but yeah it's crazy.

I got up there around 1 yesterday and i should have went out riding right away but instead i was lazy and sat around...i didn't even ride but i did go out and fix stuff in the park while it was raining...nothing was really that bad cuz there where like 10 people there last night.

The 2 new booters are freaking awesome lookingcan't wait to hit them on a ice day (hopefully soon)

The big one is clearable tooo just no one complains on here that its not!!

Hopeing for the cold whether so that we can continue to improve on our park

Give me your opinions on a slopestyle competition since we only have that one at the end of the season in march!!! The whole entire sidwinder park?? or just part of the park and mix it up alittle??

I got up there around 1 yesterday and i should have went out riding right away but instead i was lazy and sat around...i didn't even ride but i did go out and fix stuff in the park while it was raining...nothing was really that bad cuz there where like 10 people there last night.

The 2 new booters are freaking awesome lookingcan't wait to hit them on a ice day (hopefully soon)

The big one is clearable tooo just no one complains on here that its not!!

Hopeing for the cold whether so that we can continue to improve on our park

Give me your opinions on a slopestyle competition since we only have that one at the end of the season in march!!! The whole entire sidwinder park?? or just part of the park and mix it up alittle??

i'm going up tonight. so i will give you my opinion. even if nestors fails to call me and tell me my dominant is in. im going in on my old board I DONT CARE! i need a park fix! :sniffcrack:

i got to try out a lot of skis this morning that i wouldnt normally have skied on. the volkl racetigers look hideous, but they were a fun ski. i was really impressed with volkl's stuff overall, and k2 skied really solid as well. the crossfires are a lot of fun as well. hightligh of my day was taking a pair of seth viscious' down challenge, skipping across crappy groomer bumps on the headwall causing my boot to pop out, and then sliding 1/3 the way down challenge on my back facing uphill. i will never buy a pair of marker bindings, ever.