New Skis

Cadillac

Stop at Blue...... my friend bought a pair of Guns that he got mounted and skied today.....I put a pair of Public Enemy's on order for next year........ looks like I'll become a park rat. Stopped at Nestors, they wouldn't mount a pair of skis the same day. whats up with that?

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

nothings up with that. nestors is the shit and they have a lot of customers to deal with. i havent heard of any shop mounting bindings in the same day.

Nestors SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!! .............2 years ago I delamed a pair of k2, they made me send them back so I had to buy a new pair of skis then try to sell the ones I got from k2 to replace the broken ones. If it's covered by warranty just give me some skis from the rack!

Nestors SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!! .............2 years ago I delamed a pair of k2, they made me send them back so I had to buy a new pair of skis then try to sell the ones I got from k2 to replace the broken ones. If it's covered by warranty just give me some skis from the rack!

:confused

you delamed skis - you sent them in - you bought new skis - they sent you a replacement for your delamed skis?

if so, thats your problem. you bought new skis when they in fact did replace your skis for free. it takes time to send skis back and forth, i get the impression you just didnt want to wait.

:confused

you delamed skis - you sent them in - you bought new skis - they sent you a replacement for your delamed skis?

if so, thats your problem. you bought new skis when they in fact did replace your skis for free. it takes time to send skis back and forth, i get the impression you just didnt want to wait.

The Guy told my buddy if the skis break and it's underwarranty they'll give him a new pair of the shelf (he's gonna keep the sales slip).. He would be skiing in a 1/2 hour: which is important if U want to ski as much vert feet a DOUG....... But he said it has to be covered by Warranty and not just abuse. Seems fair to me.

The Guy told my buddy if the skis break and it's underwarranty they'll give him a new pair of the shelf (he's gonna keep the sales slip).. He would be skiing in a 1/2 hour: which is important if U want to ski as much vert feet a DOUG....... But he said it has to be covered by Warranty and not just abuse. Seems fair to me.

it is fair, if the manufacturer of the skis isnt gonna say that the ski is in need of replacing, why should the store replace them?

If a shop can replace them thats whos getting my business....Whats up with Nestors charging extra to mount skis after I bough them there (at least thats the impression I got) even the Pizza shop on the south side wouldn't charge for that.

But, if I want to pay too much for skis then pay more to mount them and then ski on em a week after i buy em I know to shop a Nestors because thats how they roll! Its worse than buying a car

first off, Nestors was just rated the #1 ski shop in the country by ski magazine or somethnig like that so they obviously dont suck. i have never had a problem with them and i;ve ben going there for 10 years. second, i have never heard of them making the customer send back their own pair of skis to the company, last year i broke my pole sand they were under warranty and they sent them back for me. 3rd, you are correct that they are covered under warranty, but they arent covered by Nestors. there is no reason why nestors should give you pair of skis off of their rack. your skis were warantied by the company, not the retailer. plus, you have to send them back to the company to see if they actually will be covered. some things arent covered under the waranty and thats why they send them back instead of just giving you a pair of skis off of the rack that they are able to sell to somebody else.

not to mention that they dont always have somebody there who can mount skis. it depends when the guy in the backshop is there.

Edited by toast21602

My shop mounts skis on the spot, BUT if you come in at random hours and we don't have a ski tech, or we're backed up, they won't be mounted. Realize mounting skis isn't difficult but it IS easy to make mistakes, and those mistakes could hurt someone, so everyone mounting the bindings has a certification from each company. At our store, we only have 4 techs even though we sell a lot of skis.

As for them replacing your ski, no one just hands out skis off the rack becuase we have no idea if the company will warranty replace them or not. Of course a shop guy knows what SHOULD be covered by warranty. One of the guys at our store bought a pair of Line skis and had them delam in the car rack on the way up to Vermont, and sent htem back and they didn't replace them. (he got a credit for next season, but was left hanging for this year), and he is working at a shop selling 10 pairs a year they should care about him. It was a situation that should have been covered underwarranty, but wasn't. The shop isn't going to stand up for a manufactor that does that, surely if the customers are getting mad becuase the company isn't standing behind its product (and we see a lot is coming back) we're just going to drop the line. But we're not going to give out free skis and hope the company (which is fickle) sends us a replacement.

All the things you mentioned, not being able to mount the ski on the spot, not replacing one on the spot, charging for mounting, are things done by ski shops everywhere. It's not even rediculous, the whole buisness is so turbulent you have to get money while you can so you can stay alive during not only the warm weeks of each winter, but the winters taht just plain suck

Wow there is just to much dumb stuff to quote in this thread.

Not everyone owns the jigs, drills, etc... that are used to mount skis. Part of the reason you pay the extra charge to get your bindings mounted is the knowledge that the shop will do it right. I personally would rather pay 25 dollars to have it done by a shop than take the risk of screwing up and having to buy a new set of skis.. If the shop screws up then you can be sure that they will make things right. Sure there are exceptions, but I know that Nestors stands behind the work that they do.

Method has it down pretty well in this post. As a consumer, put yourself in the place of the business owner. Now do you see it the same way? If so, open a shop, and best of luck to you because chances are you won't last long.

By the way, what Method said about the Lines is the best Line delam story I've heard yet this year. After seeing how many of their skis have just self-destructed this season, its just laugh after laugh. "But they ride so well" everyone says. Not when their being shipped back and forth between the company they dont.

that one guy at work bought a pair of prophets for himself (delam after maybe 8 or 9 days of skiing), a pair of motherships for his sister (broke on the way up to vermont like i mentioned above). we had a customers bring back delam skis as well. Plus a broken line binding and then another guy who wanted to buy a brake for a line binding and they didn't have anymore so the guy was screwed. We got a letter apologizing to us from Line becuase at that point about half of the stuff we got from them was f'ed up in one way or another. Its sad because they were so good up to this year. If you notice next years catalog comes with a letter talking about the quality assurance problems they've had this year, how they are going to fix them for next year, and how they are no longer going to make bindings. I know for sure that a few shops around us dropped them becuase of it (I believe all the Pelican stores did) and my store is thinking about it, probably will get one or two pairs just to see how they are but definately not the size of hte order we had this year.

It is a shame though becuase the reason the shop guys buy so many of them is because they ski so well. The guy at our store who does all the ordering swears by them

nestors is the shit and after reading this i have realized that some people are just dumbasses... not to offend anyone or anything

exactly

its not always about the lowest price, or the fastest service. if youre in a position that you need your skis to be mounted right away, they wont be mounted perfect. the tech at nestors does it perfect everytime. its more like a family there, i love the atmosphere.