New Skis

Cadillac

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If I buy skis and bindings from a shop they WILL mount them, no extra charge or I'm not buying them.

If a shop says they'll do warranty replace from off the Rack they'll get my BIZ.

So while all yall' SUCKAS are sittin at home, dreaming about your broke-ass skis being shipped back from China. I'll be skiing more Vert Feet than DOUG, and arcing some PHATTYS with sexkitten.

If I buy skis and bindings from a shop they WILL mount them, no extra charge or I'm not buying them.

If a shop says they'll do warranty replace from off the Rack they'll get my BIZ.

So while all yall' SUCKAS are sittin at home, dreaming about your broke-ass skis being shipped back from China. I'll be skiing more Vert Feet than DOUG, and arcing some PHATTYS with sexkitten.

Keep dreamin'... You'd be surprised at what you might get if you ask nicely. You'd also be surprised at how many people on this board might be willing to hook you up, as long as you don't come across as an asshole. There are alot of people on here with alot of connections. You're kind of ruining any chances of people taking you seriously...

toast and method covered pretty much everything i needed to say. in case you didnt notice, the ski shop is pretty much shut down at nestors right now. we're running a minimal staff, and the tech is primarily focusing on building bikes right now, and not working 10-9 like he was during ski season, so sorry for not being able to mount a pair of skis on the spot when we most likely had no one on staff certified to mount bindings. as far as i know, blue is the only place that will warrenty product with their own stock. i've done it before. its pocket change for them. they dont live and die on the sales they make in their shop like a full ski shop does, therefore they can afford to take the risk of a ski maybe not being replaced. as far as getting k2's through them, you'd be getting them through the rep (who's a great guy, by the way), but i dont believe their shop will be stocking them, in which case you would still have to send your skis back to k2 for a warrenty issue. from personal experiences i and others have had, getting your skis mounted at blue is a near death sentence. for one, just because they say their techs may be certified does not mean they know what they are doing. i worked there, and know what it takes to get certified up there. they've drilled through skis and screwed people over because of it. also, ask them if they ran a binding check on your stuff, and make sure you get the paperwork. they never did on my stuff, and my bindings kept prereleasing because they didnt check to make sure the toe height and wing adjustments were correct. thats one of the reasons our services may take a day or two to get your skis back to you, and why we charge what we do. we check your stuff out to make sure its working properly so you dont tear your acl due to something wrong with the binding that would otherwise go unnoticed. you should probably not make unfounded, biased claims when you dont know half of whats actually going on, it only makes you look dumb. and to answer your last question cadillac, no, we dont charge to mount a board. we do it on the spot, and tweak the angles, straps, and forward lean on the bindings so they are set exactly to your preference and riding style.

Edited by Justo8484

toast and method covered pretty much everything i needed to say. in case you didnt notice, the ski shop is pretty much shut down at nestors right now. we're running a minimal staff, and the tech is primarily focusing on building bikes right now, and not working 10-9 like he was during ski season, so sorry for not being able to mount a pair of skis on the spot when we most likely had no one on staff certified to mount bindings. as far as i know, blue is the only place that will warrenty product with their own stock. i've done it before. its pocket change for them. they dont live and die on the sales they make in their shop like a full ski shop does, therefore they can afford to take the risk of a ski maybe not being replaced. as far as getting k2's through them, you'd be getting them through the rep (who's a great guy, by the way), but i dont believe their shop will be stocking them, in which case you would still have to send your skis back to k2 for a warrenty issue. from personal experiences i and others have had, getting your skis mounted at blue is a near death sentence. for one, just because they say their techs may be certified does not mean they know what they are doing. i worked there, and know what it takes to get certified up there. they've drilled through skis and screwed people over because of it. also, ask them if they ran a binding check on your stuff, and make sure you get the paperwork. they never did on my stuff, and my bindings kept prereleasing because they didnt check to make sure the toe height and wing adjustments were correct. thats one of the reasons our services may take a day or two to get your skis back to you, and why we charge what we do. we check your stuff out to make sure its working properly so you dont tear your acl due to something wrong with the binding that would otherwise go unnoticed. you should probably not make unfounded, biased claims when you dont know half of whats actually going on, it only makes you look dumb. and to answer your last question cadillac, no, we dont charge to mount a board. we do it on the spot, and tweak the angles, straps, and forward lean on the bindings so they are set exactly to your preference and riding style.

Wow... Any more questions, concerns, complaints, comments, etc...??? And don't anyone say, "ya but I can still get my stuff cheaper on the internet!" that has been discussed enough on this forum.

nestos is where it is at and if you dont think that well then go somewhere else... nestors service is top notch and they take their time fitting r boots and shit... is not a coincidence that a shop in pa is one of teh best in the us as rated by ski mag... they know their shit and hook u up there big time

Stop at Blue...... my friend bought a pair of Guns that he got mounted and skied today.....I put a pair of Public Enemy's on order for next year........ looks like I'll become a park rat. Stopped at Nestors, they wouldn't mount a pair of skis the same day. whats up with that?

when i got my skis last year they mounted them in like 45 minutes so up urs :lol

Or you could just stop being a pansy and learn how to mount your own gear... Im sure it's not that hard.

its actually harder than you think because you have to run tests on the bindings to make sure they are right for your boot. also, some places that are able to mount boots, like blue mountain, still mess up when they do it. thats why you should take them to a place that knows what they are doing and does it properly.

oh, and i hope your friend didnt get the guns to ride around here.

yeah, unless PA just turned into CO they wouldnt be good for anything around here. maybe that one powder day that we get a year where its worth having something big out on the slopes. other than that there is no point.

oh, and i hope your friend didnt get the guns to ride around here.

He's gonna ski the guns once at steamboat then probally throw em out. It's nice to be rich.

Hey which one of you guys posting is pete nestor?

I want to know what happened to the fly fishing shop? Now that part of nestors had really service and expert advice.

:banghead

QUOTE(Justo8484 @ Mar 20 2006, 09:52 PM)

i'm pretty sure blue already does use chemicals in their snowmaking to make it last longer and freeze more solidly. i dont remember the name of it, but if you look at your bases after riding there for a few days, you can see a white residue on them, which i believe is from the chemicals.

No, that's called oxidation and means you should wax your skis more often

Justo You Work at Nestors and Still don't know when your skis need Wax. Maybe Tony at Blue Mt Sports could give you a TUNNING lesson a teach you how to make Pizza. Nestors must really be hurting for help if they hired you.

I hope they only let you work in the shoe Dept.[/color]

Nestors SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!! .............2 years ago I delamed a pair of k2, they made me send them back so I had to buy a new pair of skis then try to sell the ones I got from k2 to replace the broken ones. If it's covered by warranty just give me some skis from the rack!

this point was already slammed

He's gonna ski the guns once at steamboat then probally throw em out. It's nice to be rich.

and this might just be one of the most rediculous things i have ever heard

Does Nestors or any ski shops charge extra to mount a board?

I'm really really hoping yous say no.

who the hell are you and why do you post on here and hate on somebody who has more knowledge than you ever will when it comes to skis, boots, and bindings? some of the things that you said earlier in this post are some of the most rediculous things i have ever read on this site (i'm sure all of YOUS know what im talking about). just because he, and everyone else, put you in your place for the STUPID things that you have said doesnt mean that you have to start talking shit. are you going to start talking crap on me now that i called you out?

Edited by toast21602

yea cadillac the thing you still haven't realized is that there are concerns at a ski shop that are bigger than 1 customer. Our shop is known for our customer service (for the record its not Nestors) and we are the kind of shop where if you buy a pair of boots from us, and you come back and dont like them we'll do custom stuff, and if you still don't like them we'll either give you a differant pair of boots, or subtract what you paid for the first pair from the new pair. Doesn't happen often, but it a few pairs a year. That gets expensive when we're selling 300-650 dollar boots. But even with all that customer service, we can't warranty off the rack. There wouldn't be a shop if we did that.

As for mounting on the spot, we do it a lot but if there is no tech, or the tech is backed up, its not going to happen. Come in late march when no one is buying skis and try to get your ski mounted is a crap shoot. Come December and it will be possible 99% of the time becuase there is at least one ski tech the entire day.

As for paying for the mount, thats entirely at the discretion of the sales guy. We list our ski mounts at $25 if you buy the package from us, $50 if you didn't. Its $50 all the time if you didn't, but that $25 can disappear if I want it to. I'm sure you walked into the shop with the attitude your showing here, and I know exactly why your paying the $25 and not getting it done that day. And that if the sales guy liked you he could cut out the mounting charge and call in a favor and get the manager to mount it on the spot for you? I know if a guy is being an arrogant prick to me I'm charging him sticker price on everything and if he asks, no I can't cut out that mounting charge, see its listed right there on the wall. It's not unfair, you get what you give, and if your just being an asshole buying skis, then your getting the advertised price. If your a nice guy, we want you as a loyal customer, so we give out perks - usually a lower price, throw in a free mount, free t-shirt, free lock, free lift ticket, if we have to get the manager to mount it becuase we dont' have a tech, we do. YOU just aren't getting those perks becuase it's apparent what your attitude is.

As for what justo said about the snowboard bindings, we don't charge either even though it takes just as long. By the time you adjust the binding to the boot size, the guys riding style, and mount it, its about the same time. But everyone in the shop can do that, you are paying for the tech guy with the mounting charge. He has a certification that takes time to learn, not just to do it, but to do it and not screw up by holing a ski or getting someone hurt.

Ya justo you also thought the oxidation on your skis was because of the chemicals blue put on their snow untill Atomic jeff set you straight buy telling you to "Wax your Skis MoFO"

You work at Nestors and Don't even know when it's time to wax a pair of skis. WOW! Maybe Tony at 946 Halfpipe (south side of Blue) could give you a tunning lesson and show you how to make a damn good pizza.

Nestors must be hurting for good help if they hired you.....I hope they don't let you near any skis and make you stay in shoe dept where you belong :nana .