PARK PASSES AT BLUE?

Rob

PARK PASS AT BLUE?  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Should blue get park passes in.....

• All Terrain Aarks
    • Sidewinder only
    • no park passes
    • i dont care

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not disagreeing with you (for once) I just don't see the logic on how they will work. I've never been to MC (what does MC mean) or Stratton. If you have a bunch of local's who frequent the Mtn. you are probably going to have a different mentality than a bunch of tourists (for lack of a better term) that don't care and have the money to burn.

MC is mountian creek

To all of those who would like park passes for next year; instead of wasting your time responding to arguments that are backed with little to no applicable evidence by people who you know are always going to keep on coming up with another way to piss you off, please send an e-mail to "information@skibluemt.com." Send it to the attention of Dennis Krell Sr., and include in it solid reasons for park passes(preferably backed by factual evidence, not wild opinions!), and word it politely and professionally, being sure to check your spelling and grammar. This will do way more for what most park users want than will arguing with three or four bored individuals on PASR, who seem to enjoy provoking needless debate over and over again (I'm guilty of this on occasion by my own admission).

Tretiak, I wouldn't brag about doing something that you aren't authorized to do on an open online forum. While I hope no one on this site would go so low as to jeapordize somebodies job over something that was said online, I don't think I would put it past some people, and if I were you I don't think I would risk it. Just be mindful of what you say considering your position.

Edited by freeridintre

Tretiak, I wouldn't brag about doing something that you aren't authorized to do on an open online forum. While I hope no one on this site would go so low as to jeapordize somebodies job over something that was said online, I don't think I would put it past some people, and if I were you I don't think I would risk it. Just be mindful of what you say considering your position.

ur right i like my job to much to lose it and not have it so i fixed what i said hopefully people will edit what i said when they replied to me with what i said

OK, then now I care and will do everything in my power to prevent them. You jerks are so emotional about this and don't have a clue. A bunch of 20 year old kids who think they know everything about how a mountain should be run. I would have thought I was talking to Justo! I will go way out on a limb and bet you won't have park passes next year, but that will give you more to complain about. :banghead:nono

sorry for giving a damn about something we love. is that a crime? we dont have a clue? and if we dont, do you care to explain why you feel that you do? we ride that park nearly every day, and see what goes on in there, good and bad. thanks for calling me out again, you pretentious asshole. maybe some of us have an idea of how things could be more smoothly run because we've worked in the industry for a little while. i'd imagine the park crew has an idea of how a terrain park should be run, dont you? park passes would certainly help make their jobs easier. i'd guess that ski patrol wouldnt mind cleaning up a few less splattered bodies due to the implementation of park passes either. park passes WILL make the park safer for everyone who wants to be in there to use the park as it was intended. many have asked you before, but you continue to hide behind an online alias; how about you actually come up with one reason, besides the minimal implementation costs, as to why park passes are a bad idea.

ahhhhh! Park passes again?

I can still remember the day when blue didn't allow Boarders.....now park passes.

At first it seems like another way to gouge the consumer out of another $5 (or whatever they'll cost)

BUT,

I have waited at the entrance of the lower park for my turn to go and hit on of the 1st jumps and many times there were other people waiting there in front of me....out of nowhere comes a bunch of professional assholes rolling right out of the boarder cross section right into the park without consideration for those of us waiting our turn. Judging by their ability and the tricks they performed I would guess these same people are the ones complaining about not having the park passes. Here I am waiting my turn and eventually I got to go. I would think that the problem would still exist even with the park passes.

You can't force people to have common sense and $5 sure as hell isn't going to make it suddenly appear.

I'd say that we live in a world where parents don't parent anymore (not all parents) and kids are given whatever they want when they want it. These so called amateurs that are causing the need for the passes are always going to be there. $5 and a video doesn't make someone respect the rules of the land just like getting your license won't make you obey the speed limit, I almost never do....

You have a very good point.....The key words in your comment are "with mommy and daddy" there's the root of the problem....

Mommy and Daddy certainly can afford a pass and will probably buy one.

you're forgetting that when blue first began to allow boarders, they built a halfpipe specifically for said boarders. the sign, until a few years ago, read snowboarders only. no skiers were allowed in the halfpipe. this was a safety issue, since back then, skis werent really suited for halfpipe riding. the addition of park passes addresses a safety issue as well. sure, people on skis poached the pipe, and people would probably due so on sidewinder if a park pass was implemented, but it would keep the majority of the uneducated and underskilled out.

i have respect for you for waiting your turn at the top of the lower park, and i do my best to respect the wishes of everyone else who does so, so that they get thier turn to hit the features as well. however, what you are complaining about is mostly due to a design flaw of the park itself. the bigger side of the jump in the lower park was far to large to clear from starting at the top of the lower park on most days. i'm not going to tell you otherwise; i was one of those kids who was rolling in from lower sidewinder to hit the jump. when i was doing so, i called my drop from above at the top of my lungs, and we always used a spotter at the top of the lower park to warn everyone that we were dropping. i dont feel that anything out of that process was uncalled for, and although it should not have been necesary to hit that jump, it was. if someone did drop while i was rolling in, i only hit the jump if i was sure they would not be in my way, or i in thiers. i apoligize if i ever personally cut you off, but as i said, the construction of the park is what leads to such things. hopefully things will be different next year.

Edited by Justo8484

The more we push for it, the louder its heard, the sooner they will come. And thats one year of me being at blue 40 days a year, flying over jumps 100 times a day, with a lower chance of killing someone else. It is necessary, if all blue did was make their lips wider and add park passes, that would be a HUGE improvement for me. I will be harping on it all summer. So whether you like it or not, these threads will live on becuase they are whats important to the terrain park. If you don't like it, stop reading them.

Lets look back at some idiot comments from the posts above:

thats a stupid assumption. Just becuase they aren't posting here, means they are against park passes?

Let me tell you the secret behind a park pass. Its not the $5 cost, its not if there is a safety video or not, its the realization that, oh wow this place is not for me. Everyone skiing can buy a park pass, but when they see a fence and a gate and a guy making sure you have a 'pass' to go in here, and you signed a warning becuase its so dangerous, people get intimidated. Are daddy smith and mommy smith going to take junior in the park if they have to sign a bunch of forms about how dangerous it is? Hell no. But right now its like, hey lets go look at people in the terrain park! Its cool! Lets stand right here its nice and flat! Wow I'm so close to where they are landing!

Meanwhile, i once fell on the first jump at mountain creek, as I was sliding down the landing a friend of mine on skis hit it behind me. Yes we were going off a little too close together, but i never really fall on it except this time there was a kid sitting on the landing and i tried to avoid him. This was 2 years ago pre-park pass days. His skis popped off becuase he landed in a hockey stop to avoid me, one of hte skis helicoptered off and hit me in the back of the head. It dented my metal helmet there was so much force from it spinning. Imagine if he had gone over first and tried to land like i did and the ski hit the kid who was below me without a helmet?

The pass makes it much more intimidating, people who don't belong will go in with a little more caution, and the large majority of people would understand why they're needed if you explain it.

its not closed, $5 a year is just breaking your bank account? Realize at mountain creek its not a hassle to get the pass, you walk up to a shack thats on the top of the mountain, fill out a form, hand over $5 and your done. Total time - 5 minutes, total cost - $5. Once per season. Yet it has made the parks 1,000 times safer. Ok maybe the statistic is 60%, but to me the differance between riding in that park and any other in the area is HUGE. There are 1 or 2 idiots in there a day tops that I run across, my average run at Shawnee it was 1 or 2 idiots per feature.

dirty little secret about the park passes, now that being an idiot is the exception not the norm, those little kids lose their toughness real fast. Plus they start to stand out becuase there are so few. Get in someones way once and your taught to watch out your standing in a landing, twice and your yelled at because your in a landing, 3 times and they probably won't skip the rail next time and your getting hit. Usually once is all they need.

Really good point onthe Nastar comparison I hadn't thought of that

I see where your coming from about posting it more and pushing it, but do you think the higher ups of the blue mountain staff read these boards.. Slim chance, and those are the people that count. If you want to be heard send e-mails, write letters, give phone calls, make suggestions. We don't need a PARK PASSES AT BLUE every 2 threads, there is one right below this one. People have discussed the same arguement 80000000000000000 times, and everyone posts the same thing each time. Im all for park passes, although im not a park rat, when i do go to hit a 50ft booter i don't want some little kid sitting on the landing.

If you want to be heard, your going to have to do more then just post on this msg board.

Thankyou for reiterating my point switch! Send e-mails guys and girls! Stop wasting your time with pointless threads.

i would, but they probably have my email address permanently blocked after hotmail played a mean trick on me last year. but for the rest of you, do as trevor says; it will help.

I see where your coming from about posting it more and pushing it, but do you think the higher ups of the blue mountain staff read these boards.. Slim chance, and those are the people that count. If you want to be heard send e-mails, write letters, give phone calls, make suggestions. We don't need a PARK PASSES AT BLUE every 2 threads, there is one right below this one. People have discussed the same arguement 80000000000000000 times, and everyone posts the same thing each time. Im all for park passes, although im not a park rat, when i do go to hit a 50ft booter i don't want some little kid sitting on the landing.

If you want to be heard, your going to have to do more then just post on this msg board.

Certain induviduals at blue do read this board :)

You jerks are so emotional about this and don't have a clue.

Uhhhh..... don't have a clue? Don't go there with me. It's Skiforever reincarnated!

i bet each one of us has more influence on a mountain

the mountains want the return ticket. SAM is full of stuff every month on how to get the first time visitor to return. Young snow lovers are the meal ticket for mountains. Watch First decent and listen to Jake Burton. He revived the whole snow industry and is a model that many other businesses take notes on.

And this "bunch of 20 year old kids" is part of the reason for the progression of the sport...

:yes:yes:yes:yes:yes:yes they are the future parents and the ones most likely to perpetuate the selling of lift tickets

I also see the same thing on the regular trails. How many times have you come off a lift and had 5 or more people sitting accross the trail instead of singe file along the edge of the trail.

uhhhh.... bad analogy bob - apples and oranges - Toddling off a lift compared to hitting features in a park is like comparing a 15mph school zone with crossing guards to a superhighway full of road rage.

(what does MC mean) or Stratton.

If you don't know, then commenting in this debate diminishes your credibility.

Uhhhh..... don't have a clue? Don't go there with me. It's Skiforever reincarnated!

the mountains want the return ticket. SAM is full of stuff every month on how to get the first time visitor to return. Young snow lovers are the meal ticket for mountains. Watch First decent and listen to Jake Burton. He revived the whole snow industry and is a model that many other businesses take notes on.

:yes:yes:yes:yes:yes:yes they are the future parents and the ones most likely to perpetuate the selling of lift tickets

uhhhh.... bad analogy bob - apples and oranges - Toddling off a lift compared to hitting features in a park is like comparing a 15mph school zone with crossing guards to a superhighway full of road rage.

very well said.

didnt he say that he will get a park pass if they have them? i think that makes him a "park guy" making him "unimportant?".... but we already dont find him very important based on his uneducated posts.

i should block his posts so i dont have to fill my mind with unimportant and worthless information from somebody who doesnt know anything about what goes on in the parks.

didnt he say that he will get a park pass if they have them? i think that makes him a "park guy" making him "unimportant?".... but we already dont find him very important based on his uneducated posts.

i should block his posts so i dont have to fill my mind with unimportant and worthless information from somebody who doesnt know anything about what goes on in the parks.

Operator! Give me the number for 911!

:ph34r:

I disagree. Bob's comments are credible because they are HIS OPINION about his home mountain. Not knowing what MC stands for does not diminish his credibility. Not knowing every mountain on the East coast does not affect ones ability to decide if he/ she does or does not want park passes at Blue Mt. His ignorance about other mountains (or anything else for that matter) doesn't make his opinion any less credible or important to Blue as yours, even if it is a stupid. Whether ski bums like to admit it or not newbies, families, weekenders, city people, idiots, etc. are just as important to the mountain as you are. They spend just as much $ (if not more) as you do and Blue wants them continue to do so. Just my $0.02.

I disagree. Bob's comments are credible because they are HIS OPINION about his home mountain. Not knowing what MC stands for does not diminish his credibility. Not knowing every mountain on the East coast does not affect ones ability to decide if he/ she does or does not want park passes at Blue Mt. His ignorance about other mountains (or anything else for that matter) doesn't make his opinion any less credible or important to Blue as yours, even if it is a stupid. Whether ski bums like to admit it or not newbies, families, weekenders, city people, idiots, etc. are just as important to the mountain as you are. They spend just as much $ (if not more) as you do and Blue wants them continue to do so. Just my $0.02.

Kitten, everyone is just trying to show Bob that this is the direction that we see our aspect of the sport headed in, although we may not always do it in the most respectful ways. It is obvious that it is a topic that many feel quite strongly about, and for reasons that have have been said over and over again in these threads. Most people don't argue when you tell them that you are changing something or restricting something in order to keep them safer. Most of the riders who are for park passes have acknowledged the importance of the people who keep our mountains open, which are the weekenders with families. Under the park pass system, anyone can still enter the expert level park as long as they obtain a pass. Everyone who would get a pass would be informed about the expert level of the park, and hopefully this would make some of the families and younger kids think twice about entering. It would also allow the park to be patrolled in a safer fashion by both ski patrol and park crue, because someone who doesn't belong there would stand out like a sore thumb. With both Blue and Bear operating almost full time park crews who love to talk to people and are more than willing to hear suggestions, it is a great time to be a beginner or an expert in the parks around here. Hopefully a pass would also cut down on some of the things that Bob complained about in his posts, like people flying through the lower park so that they have enough speed to hit the feature. It is also quite likely that a park pass would force the mountain to make their non-park pass parks better for beginners, intermediates, and experts who choose not to obtain the pass. As mountains answer the call of park riders that are shouting BIGGER! BETTER!, they are waking up to the ways to cut down on the associated risks. Park passes are being instituted at more and more mountains worldwide, and its looking like only a matter of time before they are here at our home mountains. First it was snowboarding, then it was terrain parks, now its a way to keep those terrain parks safer for all users. Bring it on!

Edited by freeridintre

Kitten, everyone is just trying to show Bob that this is the direction that we see our aspect of the sport

headed in...

Hopefully a pass would also cut down on some of the things that Bob complained about in his posts,

Well put, thanks. BTW, I guess I forgot to tell you guys that Bob is never wrong and not to bother arguing with him. (Haha, love you Papi)

To all of those who would like park passes for next year; instead of wasting your time responding to arguments that are backed with little to no applicable evidence by people who you know are always going to keep on coming up with another way to piss you off, please send an e-mail to "information@skibluemt.com." Send it to the attention of Dennis Krell Sr., and include in it solid reasons for park passes(preferably backed by factual evidence, not wild opinions!), and word it politely and professionally, being sure to check your spelling and grammar. This will do way more for what most park users want than will arguing with three or four bored individuals on PASR, who seem to enjoy provoking needless debate over and over again (I'm guilty of this on occasion by my own admission).

I am gonna send in a copy of the persuasive paper i wrote for english class. (which i got 133/135 out of by the way :rock)

This is what First Grade Teacher told me in a PM yesterday...."Just trying to make these park guys understand that they are the minority and not all that important. They don't get it."

Idiot

Minority- this guy is a dickhole- dude, i tried to be cool with you, i tried to make peace, but you know what- that was uncalled for. I'm not gonna go further- you're not worth pushing me closer to capal tunnel.

....., park passes will be the standard in a few years...

:rock

Park passes are good because...

1.They would improve the mt. (from money generated through pass sales- considering they're sold)

-The mountain would also get more business- word of mouth ("dude, blue's parks are sick, and so well maintained!")

2.They would keep the parks in better shape

-Park passes would ensure that the people in the parks know how to use features correctly- this way the features won't get messed up as much.

-THis leaves a good impression on people visiting the mt- which results in more business(back to #1)

3. SAFETY

-People in the parks would know the proper etiquette- like using a spotter, or NOT sitting in the landing of jumps.

-The features would be used correctly, so the features would be safer- ex- no ruts in the landings of jumps.

4. They would make parks Friendlier places to be

- People would use the proper etiquette in parks, resulting in less verbal abuse/ fights breaking out. People would be able to get along better.

That's a lot of it there, but i'm sure some other people on here could elaborate even more. Let's keep this going. First grade teacher- you can just sit back and be a dick, or say something worth reading, something convincing for your viewpoint. (though i wouldn't wanna expect too much from you-let alone anything)

Let's get a list here for park passes, and their benefits. After we get a good list made up, we'll get everyone to send it to blue via email.

It's not a bad analogy. It simply states that there are some really inconsiderate assholes that are raised to think their shit doesn't stink and they have no consideration for others. Unless the park people are walking back to the beginning of the park then they very well could be the people blocking the lift exits along with anyone else.

And as sexkitten has said (thanks baby) my credibility should not be affected by my lack of "Jeopary" knowledge of all mountains that exist.

What would affect my credibility are things like:

Length of membership on this site

Number of posts

The fact that in 2 seasons I have skied maybe 20 times (with sexkitten)

I am just getting back into the sport. Sexkitten is new at it as of last year. I have skied Gore, Whiteface, Killington, Mt Snow, and Okemo...and have the stupid little cartoon cahracter pins to prove it. Hopefully my credibility is climbing again. Cartoons go a long way :lol

I just like to make sure I know what others are really saying. To a park pass advocate MC might mean something. To a forum newbie like me MC, ROFL, LMFAO, and TTIAWOMT all kind of run together. Once things are nicer I will probably spend little time here (except for Doug's raps) until it's time to ski again. I would much rather be working on the house of riding my MC (Motor Cycle).

I can here the cheering now.......

No worries Bob... It wasn't directly directed at you, i was pointing out what you just confirmed in the post above in a larger sense that those who are not heavily involved with the park scene don't understand why park passes will work to the benefit and safety of everyone on the slope.

Don't worry passes will soon be available to everyone who wants one.