MAY RAIL JAM

Gurp

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wanted to get an update out there to all:

There will be a different setup for this event -the staircase is being put away and rumor has it that the park crew will be bringing out the Urban Assault 40' rail and some other features so you can ride all day...

Also for all who compete they will get a lift ticket for next season. Some other prizes include 2-1 day surf camps, goods from Oakley, 940 Snowboards, and still working on getting more prizes and giveaways! There will also be a cash purse-the more competitors the higher the purse...

So, is there still registration (i hope) It's not going to be like BB reopening one day for everyone is it? It's still gonna be people just riding for competition, right?

Is it going to be just the 40 footer? I thought it said in an earlier post that there would be a few features. I'm not a great rail rider, definately no spins on, but I still want to ride, would i get laughed off the mountain, or would it be cool to just go and have a good time.

haha that would be an awesome idea. just something small to throw yourself around on. i dont think that would be out of the question judging by the way people are talking about the amounts of snow that they still have.

Here's another update on the prize situation and I am still working on getting some great stuff:

Season Pass for 06-07 season and

Pair of tickets to Dave Matthews concert on June 26 at the Tweeter Center

and a pair of tickets for Jam on the River festival concert at Penn?s Landing going on Memorial Day weekend.

The line up is:

5/27- Disco Biscuits, New Deal, Benevento Russo Duo, World Party, The Blue Method

5/28- Ween, Railroad Earth, Secret Machines, Dirty Dozen Brass Band, Grace Potter sponsored by WMMR!!

ski or women? the answer is obvious. ski.

:yes true dat

Does anyone know what other jibs they'll be putting out? Are we talking just rails, or maybe some boxes to get tech on.

Well, the 40 foot rail is like 8-10 inches wide, so it's pretty much a box :rolleyes:

:yes true dat

Well, the 40 foot rail is like 8-10 inches wide, so it's pretty much a box :rolleyes:

anh its only about 5 1/2 - 6, i just measured the nice red battle scar on my pants from when i slid out on it way back during the season. haha.

which is plenty wide.

I think the urban assault is about 4 inches wide maybe a little more. This video has a good sampling of the various jibs that BB has to offer, the urban assault rail is the long one at the very end of each of nipples runs..

http://media.newschoolers.com/uploads/memb...ples%20edit.wmv