Anyone planning to invest in Blues new Condos?

ColoradoHigh

Who is planning to buy a new condo if they will build it?

Here are some more questions:

When will they start making the 6 person lift?

When will they cut the new trail?

Has anyone drove past Blue to see how much snow/if they started buliding new lift, lodge, and trail?

I want answers, and I want them NOW! :rock:rolleyes::ph34r::rofl

Who is planning to buy a new condo if they will build it?

Here are some more questions:

When will they start making the 6 person lift?

When will they cut the new trail?

Has anyone drove past Blue to see how much snow/if they started buliding new lift, lodge, and trail?

I want answers, and I want them NOW! :rock:rolleyes::ph34r::rofl

I requested information on the condos but haven't received anything yet. Yeah, I would love to invest in one but I will have to do a lot more research before I even consider it. I don't want to look back in 10 or so years and say, "Damn, I wish I got in on one of those...." It may be a great investment! Does anyone know or have heard any rumors on what the going prices might start at?

We requested info too and haven't received it either. We are seriously considering a second home and a condo at Blue is pretty appealing to us. Depending on the cost it we might break even considering the price of food at the mountain, gas, wear and tear on my car and lost time (driving McArthur Rd. in the afternoon sucks ass). Plus there is the tax benfit of a second home. Cha ching. We'll see.

Plus who is going to spend 1/4 of a ski season at Blue with a quarter share. There is also nothing to do up there.

Doug, you would rent your time out if you weren't going to use it... It would probably be run through another company that Blue would contract with. Same way every other timeshare is run. Thats why it is an investment opportunity. Sexkitten and Bob might do very well if they bought one. If it is run by another company on a contract Blue, then these companies sometimes let owners trade in their timeshares to get points or something like that and get time shares elsewhere. My mom has used timeshare credits from one that she owns to get condos in Mexico and Utah. Thats one of the biggest perks of timeshare ownership.

Edited by freeridintre

We requested info too and haven't received it either. We are seriously considering a second home and a condo at Blue is pretty appealing to us. Depending on the cost it we might break even considering the price of food at the mountain, gas, wear and tear on my car and lost time (driving McArthur Rd. in the afternoon sucks ass). Plus there is the tax benfit of a second home. Cha ching. We'll see.

You are better off buying a house slightly north of Blue...Think long term.

Sexkitten and Bob might do very well if they bought one.

Plus think of all of the sick parties we could have!

You are better off buying a house slightly north of Blue...Think long term.

I am (thinking long term). A house would require too much upkeep in and out of season for us. We don't really want to drive an hour and a half each way in the off season to mow grass, check the pipes, etc. and we can't really have tennants (because we'd want the house empty for ski season). A condo is just more appealing to us and the addtional cost is not really an issue. Besides, if I add more house chores to Bob's list (which keep him from his motorcycle as it is) he might have a nervous breakdown.

Edited by sexkitten

I am (thinking long term). A house would require too much upkeep in and out of season for us. We don't really want to drive an hour and a half each way in the off season to mow grass, check the pipes, etc. and

Absolutely agreed. Budget maintenance or buy into a community that has exterior maintenance included... North Ridge at Camelback...

we can't really have tennants (because we'd want the house empty for ski season). A condo is just more appealing to us and the addtional cost is not really an issue.

Absolutely agreed. Buy into a community that has year around attractions, Live out of suitcase during ski season..... Camel Beach for off setting rental income.

Besides, if I add more house chores to Bob's list (which keep him from his motorcycle as it is) he might have a nervous breakdown.

Quit that! Whats the matter with you? ;)

I did a ton of homework last season. Resales are the best value right now at NorthRidge. They are creeping up and have been at about 15% annually. They still have a ton of homesites left for new construction, but they take almost a year and the workmanship is shoddy. Get a 3% mortgage on a resale, the appreciation (equity) will offset the increasing principal and the diffference in the monthly savings will pay for the annual associations fees. :rock

I speculate that pent up demand for Condos at Blue will drive the price above market value depending on the number of units planned. Since you have not gotten any correspondence back from your inquiry, I would consider that suspect.... The company (if there is one) has no clue as to what they are doing which will probably open the proverbial Pandoras Box to any new residents. read.. Guinea Pigs......

Where can you get a 3 percent mortgage?

They are available everywhere.. I have a 1, 2, 3 caps at 5% on the fifth year. of course the principal goes up every year. but my equity is going up 10 times the difference.

You have to have a great LTV in order to get a variable rate like that, ~ 70% - 80% and then be in a hot market with a really low appraisal. It's not for the faint of heart. Safe bet at North Ridge, in my opinion. CB is too big of a monster to die.

When we were living full time in Central Jersey and were looking for a vacation home, we picked a spot that was central to more things than just skiing. It's nice to be close to where you have your season pass, but it's also nice to be close to hiking trails, good parks, camping, lakes, and other year-'round stuff. It also cuts your cost way down. Ski Chalet-style homes near us still list for around $129,000 and probably sell for $120,000. That's 2 bedroom, 2 bath, on 1/4 to 3/4 acre.

IDK, I just hate the idea of a condo neighbor falling asleep smoking and burning everything down.

Upkeep also really depends on the property. I used to dread mowing the lawn in CJ, but now we have a Pocono house and a shore house, and not one blade of grass at either place. And shoveling snow is a labor of love to me...the more the better.

Like the article says, is all about demand. Bear Creek has had a fair amount of success with their hotel from what I've heard, so I would think Blue would have similar if not greater demand. The first step would be serving beer in pint glasses and charging market prices. I can hope...

IDK, I just hate the idea of a condo neighbor falling asleep smoking and burning everything down.

And then there is all that wierd thumping on the walls from music or and stomping on the floors above from who knows what. Barbeques setting off the whole buildings alarms and sprinklers. (seen that one) Hot tub weekend maniacs up till 4 in the morning who park in your designated spots. People knocking on the door that were there the weekend before saying, "But Doug said we could stop by any time"

etc etc etc

And then there is all that wierd thumping on the walls from music or and stomping on the floors above from who knows what. Barbeques setting off the whole buildings alarms and sprinklers. (seen that one) Hot tub weekend maniacs up till 4 in the morning who park in your designated spots. People knocking on the door that were there the weekend before saying, "But Doug said we could stop by any time"

etc etc etc

haha, i agree, plus they arent ski in ski out

haha, i agree, plus they arent ski in ski out

You either walk from your front door to the snow, or you walk from your condo door to the snow, 100x more "ski in / ski out" then northridge is, because northridge is not ski in / ski out. I see them being a sucess, as much as I hate to think what it will do to the 7:30am line to get your ticket scan.

Where can you get a 3 percent mortgage?

It doesn't matter cause we would pay cash.

plus they arent ski in ski out

But they are on site, which is better than an hour and a half away. 7:30 A.M. openings would be a lot more fun if the day began at 7:00 instead of 5:30.

At Seven Springs some of the townhouses on the mountain are expensive. If they charge an arm and a leg for lift tickets, I bet they will charge an arm and a leg for a condo. Its that you pay for convienience because you don't have to drive to VT or NH.