CB Resort Hotel

Timeless

fuck, if i was from the city, and i brought my family to ski at CB (unlikely), I would just stay at great wolf, so much better than CB's hotel will be..

It's claiming it'll have "the biggest indoor waterpark in the poconos" so it'll be interesting to see how well Great Wolf will do, especially given their lack of success in their "feacal (sp?) matter" testing.

Haha I heard about that this summer, but didn't want to spread anything. Supposed to be effing huge.

My bet is they will put 2 lifts going up to it, and like 4 trails going down from it (even if all the trails are like 3 feet long) and then they have 15 lifts and 37 trails, wihtout doing much work.

Going to be interesting to see what happens. I hear there are a few other indoor waterparks going in too...

Isn't that where the Glen lodge hub bub? were they not closing that down to expand and turn it into something else. Is this the same thing?

I think that another hotel will change the face of the mountain. personally i like the idea of condos slope side to mountains. It adds value and makes the ability to ski and stay easy. But when you add a resort complex you are just adding people with no payback. The great wolf is already adding people to the mix but because they have something else to offer it keeps the crowd in check.

Personaly I think if they are going to add more people to the moutain they have some work to do on the trails and the flow to keep from some parts getting over used durring the season. areas with the sharp turns (JC) turn into iced over bottle necks that force beginers through. If they do not fix traffic flow in these areas and they add people they will have many more injuries.

I hate skiing anywhere near that part of the moutain but if you want to work across sides you must filter in some time. I am also afraid with the new restricted park, traffic flow may be further compromised. We will have to wait and see but I think something should be done to move traffic along in the mid part of this mountain.

I hear some percentage of the rooms (blanking on what it was) is going to be sold out as like condos. They are going to be the size of rooms, but avaible to be bought by people.

Not a timeshare, ownership...

But again, like everything at CB, don't believe it til you see it built...

welll that confirms that..... just a few bucks for some new jibs or so that race team parents don't have to sell pins to make a couple of dollars. Can they do that? noooooooooooooo, what a crock of crap, the crap i have been fed is starting to taste like........................................

I was noticing today the whole 611 corridor is exploding... Keep bringing the people CB!!!

I think this will be good for CB in the long run. If they are building over on that side of the mountain, it probably means they will finally start expanding the trail offerings over there to balance the mountain relative to the hotel. Since the mountain has more "down" over there, it would even increase the vertical drop.

Unfortunately there is no mention of any new trails or lifts. It seems from the (very extensive) description in the magazine that the stevenson lift will be directly outside the hotel, as will the tubing park, so that pretty much defines it's position. The downsides I can see are:

No more parking on the east side for acces to the stevenson unless you are staying at the Hotel.

Increased traffic on the eastside of the mountain, especially early in the day when it's usually quieter.

The upsides? As a local I can see none, unless the extra money it generates leads to more trails.

That article is a joke. It looks like a bunch of press releases thrown randomly together then fluffed up with unresearched terms he found on the internet. He so blatantly has no clue what he is talking about. I could have written a better article in 15 minutes; granted, it probably only took him 5 to hack that sorry piece together.

That article is a joke. It looks like a bunch of press releases thrown randomly together then fluffed up with unresearched terms he found on the internet. He so blatantly has no clue what he is talking about. I could have written a better article in 15 minutes; granted, it probably only took him 5 to hack that sorry piece together.

That bit about Blue mountain sounded like Doug wrote it, the only thing missing was the phrase " mo-fo booters"

Wow.... I love how many errors journalists make when trying to write an article for the masses. One or two sources are not ok for a research paper; why are they ok for a published article with circulation in the hundreds of thousands.

word.. I feel a letter is in the making. Jeff P Lewis... huh

I mean really, I think progression pipe was the only accruately decribed phrase.

ditto. It one thing to have innacurate descriptions but to put CB's improvements first and foremost is a slap in the face.

That bit about Blue mountain sounded like Doug wrote it, the only thing missing was the phrase " mo-fo booters"

the ultimate insult. hahahaha booters...

edit: deleted.

Edited by Papasteeze

Whats up with the "course with brush gates" they are talking about? Never heard that one before. I'm picturing a glade with randomly placed shrubs. Maybe different sizes to get sort of a '2 level effect'.

Edited by OutCold

Brush gates are used by racers but could also be used by anyone wanting to practice running gates. Brushes aren't as scary to the neophyte as gates and allow you go practice on getting closer to the gate without the punishment of smacking the gate.

I really hope it doesn't happen. I can leave my door and be on the lift in under an hour, so I obviously don't want more places for the "tourists" to stay cuz it will = more people. I've been skiing and riding at CB for 10+ years and every year it gets more crowded. Any more and I'll hang up my skiis/board for good.

Best line in that article:

"Freeskiers with enough talent and experience can perform 180-degree turns while in motion and ski backward down a slope. The rounded tips on both ends of the skis also give freeskiers the peace of mind to turn 360 degrees in midair without fear of embedding a tip when they land."

Because you really need that back tip when you land a 360, and of course you can't ski backwards on regular skis. Nice.

Whats up with the "course with brush gates" they are talking about? Never heard that one before. I'm picturing a glade with randomly placed shrubs. Maybe different sizes to get sort of a '2 level effect'.

They've had them on some trails at Jack Frost in the past. i've had fun with them.

Glen Plake advertises them in racing magazines. :rofl naaaaa - it's great idea. people will have fun with them and the old school racing people will grumble incessantly about having to replace them and then they won't do them the following year.