CB Snowmaking Underway

skifreak

Yay :bow:

How about blue?? C'mon BLUE! ITS 32 degrees! LETS GO!

32 isn't cold enough, because it's pretty humid out. And plus, even if it is cold enough, which it probalby is, the webcam isn't even pointed at the trails they would be making snow on. They start on main street. The webcam is clearly pointed at challenge/razors.

They blew from 9pm last night to about 10am this monring...( I was up there watching them).

Rumor is they plan on having their instructor training course next weekend, and opening the following weekend, but I'm hoping they will realize how much crap they will get by not opening if EVERY other resort in PA is open. 5 days with "Camelback

They blew from 9pm last night to about 10am this monring...( I was up there watching them).

Rumor is they plan on having their instructor training course next weekend, and opening the following weekend, but I'm hoping they will realize how much crap they will get by not opening if EVERY other resort in PA is open. 5 days with "Camelback's snowmaking system features cutting-edge technology, including a large arsenal of high-efficiency snowguns added over the past several years. The additions allow Camelback to make more snow while offering the ability to rebound from adverse weather very quickly." should be plenty of them for them to open...

If not maybe there snowmaking isn't as good as its said to be...

I was wondering about this also. The only thing I could think of is they want to open with a lot of trails, so they can say that they "opened" with the most trails, even though other resorts will have opened a week before. :confused

Camelback has the season passholder money already and they feel like it will be more expensive to operate from the 8th to the 14th with limited terrain and only a small amount of day ticket buyers, rentals, and cafeteria meals...So they postpone their opening a week...that's what they did last season and Blue mountain was chock full of Camelback heads the first week of the season and also when Camelback was closed midweek during Blues second last week of the season and totally closed Blues final week. By my Math..Camelback was closed almost 3 weeks when Blue was open...That's significant in a ski season that's less than 4 months...

The early part of the season is when a lot of pass holders are anxious to go, so you would think that they would try to open early in order to attract more pass holders. It's almost like passholder are paying to ski, really early in the season. Waiting to open just angers the passholders who already spent a lot of money. Paying customers aren't affected as much, because they didn't already dump a ton of money into a pass. I already feel like I paid for my $8 order of fries and chicken fingers :rofl . But then again, I stuck with JFBB, despite not liking the pass holder changes.

Edited by bigdaddyk

to be honest - I think it is a logistics issue with CB not opening until they have more trails open. if they don't have coverage on the connecting trails then the skiing is so very limited that the snow will be over-skied very quickly - not to mention only one lift in operation. they needed have many trails opened just because they need them so as to be able to service the mountain from the big lifts. not to mention that I think they have a little bit of a hard time putting coverage down in the base area in the earlier days.

it is just a guess but it is possible.

to be honest - I think it is a logistics issue with CB not opening until they have more trails open. if they don't have coverage on the connecting trails then the skiing is so very limited that the snow will be over-skied very quickly - not to mention only one lift in operation. they needed have many trails opened just because they need them so as to be able to service the mountain from the big lifts. not to mention that I think they have a little bit of a hard time putting coverage down in the base area in the earlier days.

it is just a guess but it is possible.

Thats a good point. Im not sticking up for camelback I think they should open asap. But Camelback is made up of a network of trails that cross eachother and other junk like that. So I honestly instead of blowing on one trail, why they just dont blow one area.

CB does a lot of wried things....But this would reallllly make me wonder about whoevers running the show over there...

I guess we'll see...Maybe they will change there mind :)

Things were supposed to change with the new owner. I guess not. I believe that they will not open until they have the on the snow ITC thing our of the way.

They have enough snow on the mountain to open Tut and birches down to the meadows...And probably enough by tomorrow night to open the park (with a few small hits)...Its not that they can't make enough snow, its that there just being stupid about it...

They have enough snow on the mountain to open Tut and birches down to the meadows...And probably enough by tomorrow night to open the park (with a few small hits)...Its not that they can't make enough snow, its that there just being stupid about it...

Just like last year. They don't care about the true snow lovers. It is becoming more and more obvious. Stupid me gave that Berry guy the benefit of the doubt.