SIDEWINDER

toast21602

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yea that was me

i thought the park was acutally pretty decent i think once they get all those deathcookies taken care of it will be better had alot of fun for the 3 hours i was there, john right after u left they opened sidewinder, my friends were throwin down some crazy shit, almost got smacked in the face by my friends board who did a rodeo 5 and came within inches of my face, i beleive trev got that pic on his camera,and one of the po twins eating shit on the bus pretty hard, over all i like the park, dan just give it some time they will get some more shit up im sure i mean if u dont like the park then stay at bb simple as that

Overall, i'm pretty happy with the park. I have fun with it. Some of the rails are kinda overrated (crackerbarrel and the sbox), but just give it time. This is a big step for blue, and i think everything was setup fine. As far as flow goes, there's still stuff that hasn't been added yet, so we'll see. I personaly don't find any issues with flow. Picky skiers, i guess. I'll be up at 8 tomorrow.

Overall, i'm pretty happy with the park. I have fun with it. Some of the rails are kinda overrated (crackerbarrel and the sbox), but just give it time. This is a big step for blue, and i think everything was setup fine. As far as flow goes, there's still stuff that hasn't been added yet, so we'll see. I personaly don't find any issues with flow. Picky skiers, i guess. I'll be up at 8 tomorrow.

yo stevo u wanna give me a ride up tomorrow you dont have to worry about taking me home since i work till 10 ill just have my gram pick me up

i kinda thought it sucked...and i want to say that the swingset is the most wothless hunk of metal EVER created...i dont even understand the purpose of it"

but i must say, the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd hits were set up super nice...

but best part was the redcoat standing at the top of sidewinder bitching how the new entrance was the stupidest thing ever created and how it made absolutely no sense at all...i jsut laughed.

whole top rail section--BALLIN'! set skis to "destroy"

school bus--nice lip, no landing at all

swingset--horrible lip unless you 50/50 the first couple feet

1 nice medium sized jump

otherwise they have some goofy ass rails and jumps with lousy lips. still pretty stoked overall.

the best was a whole group of old people were trying to walk up the steps and i said "you know this is the jump park right? you shouldnt even be in here." and the guy said "what you dont think i can keep up with ya?" i felt bad the guy was 60 otherwise i woulda beat the hell out of him. STop Drop KABooM!

the best was a whole group of old people were trying to walk up the steps and i said "you know this is the jump park right? you shouldnt even be in here." and the guy said "what you dont think i can keep up with ya?" i felt bad the guy was 60 otherwise i woulda beat the hell out of him. STop Drop KABooM!

He showed you up, didn't he?

boyer i hate you, i'm coming over to your room right now and kicking your ass.

and i hate both of you for communicating via messageboard when nothing more than 2 inches of drywall is seperating you right now.

as far as sidewinder goes.... you've got some good, bad, and ugly.

the rail options up top are all pretty fun, but one question? why is the butter box stuck between the rails and the staircase up top? thats really not safe, at all.

i didnt hit all the jumps because i did skiercross today, but the first two stepdowns i liked as far as medium sized hits go, i didnt hit the table off to the right or the wierd hip thing, but that actually looks like it could be fun if you get the angle and speed dialed. the bus, i didnt hit, but doesnt look nearly as scary as i thought it was going to be. the swingset is huge, and i didnt hit that yet either. the down flat down is a nice rail, but the setup is crap. keith if you read this, please set it up exactly how it was last year, it was perfect; low to the ground with a nice long mellow wedge in front of it. that rail doesnt work well urban style at all.

the wallride is about as good as it can be i guess, they need to get a better transition on that thing somehow. the c box was set up well but would be much nicer if they used round coping instead of that crappy square stuff that bites into your edges if you get off balance. the crackerbarrel is still the biggest waste of plastic and steel ever, the last jump is not bad but the landing is a little short, and the s box should be thrown in the burn pile along with the crackerbarrel, and that is my opinion on the park right now. overall, its pretty fun. i just with there were more normal rails and less stupid crap that 1% of everyone who rides that park can clean.

dont forget the rtacers who stand on the landings and wont move even tho u yell drop so i came pretty close to there faces when i went off of the second jump because i felt they needed to get a good look at my board.that hip thing is terrible deff hurt my back because the lip was so steep it wasnt even funny kinda reminded me of the part in dc mtn lab where travis parker gets called the tranny finder because he cased so hard.mellow out that lip and it will be perfect other then that the park is great

dont forget the rtacers who stand on the landings and wont move even tho u yell drop so i came pretty close to there faces when i went off of the second jump because i felt they needed to get a good look at my board.that hip thing is terrible deff hurt my back because the lip was so steep it wasnt even funny kinda reminded me of the part in dc mtn lab where travis parker gets called the tranny finder because he cased so hard.mellow out that lip and it will be perfect other then that the park is great

Tretiak, don't you hate when people climb up the stairs with their gear on? Oh wait.... :banghead

Geeze i guess it really makes sense to have an awesome bus with a rail on top when you bury the whole thing?????? looks and sounds to me like blue got caught up in the "we have the biggest park in pa" race and forgot about making fun things that people can actually ride. well if all you people from blue wanna come ride a park with some real rails and jumps, with nice lips that are actually taken care of, i guess you could come to BC... haha j/k

but no for real

I thought the park was decent.. All rails up top including the up box I liked a lot. The jump line was decent. I really was hoping for some bigger hits and I am sure they will eventually come. The sliding board, bus, and swingset I liked as I know some of you didnt. The bus is actually set up quite well I think although it should be a bigger gap onto it. Sliding board is a lot of fun but rather sticky yet. The swingset is a waste of metal maybe but I had fun with it. Fell off it once and it is pretty scary. Crackerbarrel. Nothing that great. I think if their was actually a landing it might be decent. The c box is nice, the wall is really good. The hip thing I think was kind of pointless. The two hits were nice and I liked the steep landings but the gaps need to be bigger and the left one needs more pop. The s/c box.. lets not even go there. I think they should just make a regular s rail. Its the first couple days its open though so just give it time.

i went up this morning and i thought everything was actually pretty good. the hip is actually pretty fun because you can hit it about three or four different ways. the bus is set up really well, as is the swingset, as long as you sack up and go for them. you need speed to hit either of them. most everything was set up nicely, although the last jump could use a little more kick to the lip to match the landing, and the landing could be a little longer. maybe turn it into a step up-and-over kinda deal so it has a longer landing to work with? props to park crew for fixing everything up really nice this morning after the snow cat left it in shambles.