Blue mountain race teams hatred...

Shadows

CAT usually only uses the ski school line on days when RIDICULOUS waits are present. I do have some gripes about some of the Blue race coaches I've met, but I have to say that as far as CAT goes I haven't had a bad experience with any of the coaches. In fact, a couple times one of the coaches has had me ride the lift with someone on the development team. I know there are definitely some gripes with upper management, rangers and the park crew at CB, but the race coaches and lifties are people I haven't had any problem with that I can recall. A bit off topic, but I had a conversation with a part time ski school supervisor at CB that worked at Blue for a couple of seasons and he said that he had to leave Blue due to the fact that the instructors were for the most part unpleasant and in it for the benefits.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The race teams thinking they have full free reign of a place............no never, some other mountains, wow those racers can be the most arrogant pricks around, even the coaches can be dicks.....then other places, the kids are a good as gold.......I dunno what it is, but hell it is something alright...sure if a race or practice or some other special event that is going on, it should be marked as such and the mountain should not be posted as a 100% open during the times that the events are going on, its all to much to get into, but it can be a inconvenience for some people, and some people think its alright.......I don't care either way, if I see a event happening on a slope I like a lot and its clearly marked as closed at the top of the run, I might get pissed, but I understand that it goes on, they all pay a price to do what they are doing, and its important to them just like it is to us who love the snow.........its not only all about terrain parks, and flying down slopes.....the race teams, well race as what they see fun about it........I dunno, I hope this made sense, I am going to sleep.....its near 4 am now, and I still did not go to sleep........

A bit off topic, but I had a conversation with a part time ski school supervisor at CB that worked at Blue for a couple of seasons and he said that he had to leave Blue due to the fact that the instructors were for the most part unpleasant and in it for the benefits.

Interesting view, my experiences with the ski schools at both mountains (through my kids) have been the opposite. Blue seemed to have the better staff more focussed on getting my kids progressing, CB seems to be full of kids doing it for a free pass and running it like day care rather than a teaching program.

I think I rode the lift with you the other day...I'm the guy who was talking about Papasteeze and you agreed with what I had to say..remember me???

i dont remember such an incident?? im ryan and have 181 Armada AR6's, then again i hit my head real hard the other day so maybe we did

Except Tretiak, they're allowed to skip the lift line because they're paying for a closed trail, so they've got to get the most efficient use of it.

It's the same reason Doug and I skip the lift line on the left....we're just trying to catch up with our team. :banghead

yea well i dont care ill make them miss there damn races if they keep there shit up

im ryan and have 181 Armada AR6's, then again i hit my head real hard the other day so maybe we did

yea miller you did fall pretty hard on the srail/box from what i saw on the lift,

Here's my solution. Many mountains have dedicated park lifts... on race day the racers should get their own lift.

stir, stir, stir.

Tretiak, don't be a bitter liftie. Blue already has too many of those.

I'm fine with that. As long as the lift is listed as closed. I understand races kinda have to be held on the weekends. I don't think practices should be though and that's what I have a problem with. Practice on Wednesday nights damn it.

BTW, am I ever going to meet the infamous Metz the Jersey boy?

Sex Kitten- I'll definitely be at Blew sometime before the end of the season on a weekend.

The thing about race training on weekends is that a lot of the kids HAVE to do it on weekends. Many of them come from 2 hours away and stay at the mountain for the weekend and thats just not practical for weekday practices. Basically, they have to have it on weekends for the same reason that most other people can only ski on weekends. Blue could definitely do a lot better with posting race trail closings.

Tretiak- do you feel that anyone should get special lift privelages? I just really want to know a liftie's opinion.

In my opinion I feel that the ski school should be able to jump line whenever they are in the care of an instructor. This means to me the race team, freeriders, and regular group and private lessons. I also feel that structured events should be allowed preferred access to the lifts, whether it be a freestyle comp or a race. I don't, however feel that skiers and riders that take part in these teams should be able to jump line when they're out for a night of freeskiing/riding just because they have a team jacket on.

Tretiak- do you feel that anyone should get special lift privelages? I just really want to know a liftie's opinion.

i feel that if there is a race or comp they should be able to use the ski school line. other then that it should be for ski school only

i feel that if there is a race or comp they should be able to use the ski school line. other then that it should be for ski school only

The freeride program and the ski team are both integral parts of the ski school. They're both skiers and riders that are paying more for a certain time period of instruction. As long as they're training with a coach I think they should get to use the ski school line.

I think I should be allowed to use the ski school line. I don't have a good reason I just don't like to wait. Too bad I've never met Tretiak and therefore don't know what he looks like. If I had I could pull the "hey we're all friends here" move. Damn.

If there's a race, or training going on, it's fine that racers use the ski school line. That's what the freeriders/skiers do. They're paying a lot extra for the training, so they need to get their money's worth. But if they just hop the line outside of training, then i'd be pissed.

I don't have so much of a problem with them cutting line when they are with an instructor or in practicing and going back up to an instructor - thats what they paid for. I also don't mind them having a trail closed - thats what they paid for, though I would appreciate the mountain posting that razors is closed from 8-10 for an event - like other mountains do.

The bigger issue to me is them being "king of the mountain" everywhere else. Where is the sense of entitlement among racers thread? Lets get fair and balanced in here jeez.

I think I should be allowed to use the ski school line. I don't have a good reason I just don't like to wait. Too bad I've never met Tretiak and therefore don't know what he looks like. If I had I could pull the "hey we're all friends here" move. Damn.

Here's an idea....

Lets all strap RFID tags to our asses and blue can install special readers that allow you to pass to the front of the line through a turnstile, but at a cost of like $0.50 to $1.00 per pass. Kind of like the VIP haunted hayride passes at all of the stupid halloween events (sorry honey).

This could subsidize the race team stuff like a bake sale or candy bar fundraiser. :rolleyes:

Not to totally bastardize this thread but I think this would work, really!!!

Heh... Ridge ski team... hehehehehehe... A lot of kids from ridge are d-bags. not all, mind you, I used to party with a group of them during high school. Most of them remind me of AJeff, only without the nice side that AJ sometimes shows. lol.

Don't insult me...They wish they could ski like me.

ive just been really pissed off lately...why is there like 8 spots in the top lodge that are blocked off? PRIME parking spots

why dont you park in the employee parking lot? no fighting for a parking spot plus you dont have to worry about people messing with you car

No they don't... if they all skied like you, Ridge would have had to forfeit the first part of the season... :banghead

metz> :pwn3d:<atomic jeff

Edited by tretiak