how long can they stay open??

umm... let me put it this way, will they be open the 3rd weekend of april?

as long as they are selling tickets and they have snow they will remain open. One rainy weekend will spoil all the rest. selling $25 tickets is the key. I think it is a bargain for the size of the park they have. It was unbelievable how good the conditions were saturday and while the one lift ran steady the slopes were relatively empty.

i still think 25 bucks is high.

i agree. a normal weekday in season was 27. for students it was only 17. now, they're only open weekends, only run one chair, and only have what, 5 trails, and they're charging more than most kids paid in season with everything open. at least honor the student discount like they did on tuesday and thursdays.

i agree. a normal weekday in season was 27. for students it was only 17. now, they're only open weekends, only run one chair, and only have what, 5 trails, and they're charging more than most kids paid in season with everything open. at least honor the student discount like they did on tuesday and thursdays.

X2

They should have a special like Blue had....by a $25 ticket, then continuously get a rebated ticket each time. Blue and Sno got my business over the weekend, by having specials, and I even have a pass for JFBB. $25 is a good deal for when the entire mountain is open, but for only 3 or 4 trails it's not.

Edited by bigdaddyk

i would go if it wasnt for that. thats a shame that they are charging so much for so little.

huh? you are wack.. so little? what the hell are you expecting? There current off season park is bigger and better than most I have seen all season.

besides did you guys see the forecast? think blue will reopen?

Thursday: A chance of rain and snow showers. Mostly cloudy and breezy, with a high near 38. Chance of precipitation is 30%.

Thursday Night: A chance of rain and snow showers before 8pm. Partly cloudy, with a low around 17. Chance of precipitation is 30%.

Friday: A chance of snow showers. Partly cloudy, with a high near 35. Chance of precipitation is 40%.

Friday Night: A chance of snow showers. Partly cloudy, with a low around 14. Chance of precipitation is 40%.

Saturday: A chance of snow showers. Partly cloudy, with a high near 35. Chance of precipitation is 40%.

Saturday Night: A chance of snow showers. Partly cloudy, with a low around 17. Chance of precipitation is 40%.

Sunday: A chance of snow

my guess is apr 15th

the question was/is, How long can they stay open. Assuming it takes snow to stay open, I believe they have enough to be able to stay open until May. Now, question is will enough people show up and pay $25 for tickets to make it worthwhile?

the question was/is, How long can they stay open. Assuming it takes snow to stay open, I believe they have enough to be able to stay open until May. Now, question is will enough people show up and pay $25 for tickets to make it worthwhile?

I guess if you take into consideration that driving to NY costs gas money + more time, then the $25 isn't that bad, if the short trails don't matter. If they would drop them to $15, they might sell more, which in the end could lead to more income.

besides did you guys see the forecast? think blue will reopen?

I'd love it if they would...I'd pay full price for another day of full mountain and longer trails to ski :wiggle . Although I blew that chance today, because I planned to go to Bell, but woke up and didn't feel like driving 3.5 hours :banghead

Edited by bigdaddyk

well, I emailed bb about this, and this is what they said:

hi,

I was just wondering what your guys closing date was, because ive been trying to head up all season and have only gotten to once.

also, are you guys planning on making snow this week? temps are supposed to drop into the teens and snowmaking conditions would be ideal.

thanks in advance

this is what they said back:

Well we are open this weekend 8am till 6pm each day. we don't really need to make snow. just check http://www.bigboulderpark.com/ for updates on future dates. thanks -ian-

haha, "we dont really need to make snow".....

it always helps to, and another thing, how much does it cost to make snow? just wondering.

Edited by splooshie

well, I emailed bb about this, and this is what they said:

hi,

I was just wondering what your guys closing date was, because ive been trying to head up all season and have only gotten to once.

also, are you guys planning on making snow this week? temps are supposed to drop into the teens and snowmaking conditions would be ideal.

thanks in advance

this is what they said back:

Well we are open this weekend 8am till 6pm each day. we don't really need to make snow. just check http://www.bigboulderpark.com/ for updates on future dates. thanks -ian-

haha, "we dont really need to make snow".....

it always helps to, and another thing, how much does it cost to make snow? just wondering.

I'd imagine that it's not cheap to fire up the guns. Besides, at this time of year, anything that they blow will turn into granular really quick, after a day/ night cycle.