Blizzard of '07

im rick james

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Doug...

Start planning your marquis route!! Can't wait to ski some fresh Pa. Edgar Allen with the PASR crew!!

I'm so F'N Stoked it ain't funny... I've been drilling my bosses head all day calling him a puss if he don't make it out there to suck up the POE..

Either way I'm there Sunday and SERIOUSLY thinking about calling out work Monday if there's good coverage and I want to do the 4 hour (good weather) round trip two days in a row...

Gay?

Most of us on here are, Chippy...we just assumed you were one of us.

The snow cover in the northern Poconos is melting away today. Pretty cool that our schools have already had three 2 hr. delays and one full snow day. Hopefully, tomorrow's storm sets in. The local guys are saying 2-4" and 3-6", but it's like they're paranoid of getting Sat/Sun wrong, so they just keep saying "possibility of a classic nor'easter".

Most of us on here are, Chippy...we just assumed you were one of us.

The snow cover in the northern Poconos is melting away today. Pretty cool that our schools have already had three 2 hr. delays and one full snow day. Hopefully, tomorrow's storm sets in. The local guys are saying 2-4" and 3-6", but it's like they're paranoid of getting Sat/Sun wrong, so they just keep saying "possibility of a classic nor'easter".

If we get a little tomorrow are they talking early or late. I have a half day and will already be in Lansdale getting my Jeep worked on so I might have to bring the board.

I can't wait for Sat-Monday. I printed out Henry's map and hung it in my cubicle

the big snow is supposed to come sunday... not tomorrow.

this is from noaa.gov for lake harmony

Thursday: Periods of snow and sleet, mainly after 10am. High near 27. East wind between 3 and 8 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New snow and sleet accumulation of 6 to 10 inches possible.

Thursday Night: A chance of snow showers, mainly before 11pm. Cloudy, with a low around 23. East wind around 6 mph becoming west. Chance of precipitation is 40%. New snow accumulation of less than one inch possible.

yes. i'm aware. they are saying that there is potential for a foot+ this weekend if the low stays off land and rides the coast... thats the 'big snow' that i was talking about.

my guess is that tomorrows is going to stall and Saturdays is going to zip right on through.

my guess is that tomorrows is going to stall and Saturdays is going to zip right on through.

update..

SUSSEX-CARBON-MONROE-

INCLUDING THE CITIES OF...NEWTON...JIM THORPE...STROUDSBURG

425 PM EST WED DEC 12 2007

...WINTER STORM WARNING IN EFFECT FROM 9 AM TO 11 PM EST

THURSDAY...

...WINTER STORM WATCH NO LONGER IN EFFECT...

THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN MOUNT HOLLY HAS ISSUED A WINTER

STORM WARNING, WHICH IS IN EFFECT FROM 9 AM TO 11 PM EST THURSDAY.

THE WINTER STORM WATCH IS NO LONGER IN EFFECT.

SNOW IS EXPECTED TO OVERSPREAD THE AREA THURSDAY MORNING AND INCREASE

IN INTENSITY AROUND MIDDAY THEN CONTINUE THROUGH THE AFTERNOON

WITH SOME SLEET POSSIBLY MIXING IN. SNOWFALL RATES OF AN INCH PER

HOUR WILL BE POSSIBLE MAINLY DURING THE AFTERNOON. A TOTAL SNOW

ACCUMULATION OF 6 TO 10 INCHES ARE ANTICIPATED, WHICH WILL MAKE

TRAVEL VERY HAZARDOUS. THE STEADIEST PRECIPITATION WILL BE

TAPERING OFF DURING THURSDAY EVENING.

A WINTER STORM WARNING MEANS SIGNIFICANT AMOUNTS OF SNOW AND SLEET

ARE EXPECTED OR OCCURRING. THIS WILL MAKE TRAVEL VERY HAZARDOUS

OR IMPOSSIBLE.

THE CITIES OF...WASHINGTON... MORRISTOWN...READING... ALLENTOWN... BETHLEHEM...EASTON 425 PM EST WED DEC 12 2007

...WINTER STORM WARNING IN EFFECT FROM 9 AM TO 11 PM EST THURSDAY... ... WINTER STORM WATCH NO LONGER IN EFFECT...

THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN MOUNT HOLLY HAS ISSUED A WINTER STORM WARNING, WHICH IS IN EFFECT FROM 9 AM TO 11 PM EST THURSDAY. THE WINTER STORM WATCH IS NO LONGER IN EFFECT.

A MIXTURE OF SNOW AND SLEET WILL OVERSPREAD THE REGION THURSDAY EVENING AND INCREASE IN INTENSITY AROUND MIDDAY AND CONTINUE THROUGH THE AFTERNOON. A TOTAL ACCUMULATION OF SNOW AND SLEET OF 5 TO AS MUCH AS 8 INCHES ARE ANTICIPATED, MAKING TRAVEL HAZARDOUS. THERE IS THE POSSIBILITY THAT A BIT OF FREEZING RAIN MAY MIX IN AT TIMES DURING THE AFTERNOON, HOWEVER SNOW AND SLEET ARE THE ANTICIPATED PREDOMINANT PRECIPITATION TYPES. THE STEADIEST PRECIPITATION WILL BE TAPERING OFF DURING THURSDAY EVENING.

just got done packing my gear and making sure I've got it all ready for my first trip of the season.

took the day off work tomorrow... heading up to Elk first thing. leaving from Philly around 6:30. I'm secretly hoping that I get "stuck" there and can't get back to Philly for work on Friday.

one more drink, then off to bed :zzzz

bonsoir