So what is so great about Blue?

Rob in NJ

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The whole thing about Blue is the whole crue that rides there we could go ride some little mole hill like Mount Mik and still have so much fun it's not all about the mountain it's more about what you make of it roll with the right crue and you will have a blast anywhere.

well said. very well said.

And season pass validation...

Waiting in line when you have a season pass is rediculous.

I'll agree getting a ticket sucks when you have a pass, but there rarely is a line. There is also a season pass validation kiosk at JF (I don't know about Boulder). It's really not that bad.

By the way this whole comparing Blue to BB is just silly. There is no comparison. BB is fun when you havent skied in 7 months but size wise it's a molehill compared to Blue. I don't think anyone can deny that. Jack Frost on the other hand has legit terrain and snow that can compare favorably with Blue IMO.

I picked up a handy dandy Blue mountain brochure which will help me explain what's so special about Blue...

2007-08 is their 30th Anniverary season...

--Highest vertical in PA

-Three terrain parks and a halfpipe

30 trails for all abilities

Snow Tubing Park

9 Lifts

Detachable High Speed 6-pack

100% Lit Trails for Evening Fun

--Spectacular slopes so close to home

-two rental and repair shops

-Great Gear in the skiers store

-Two lodges for Refueling, Relaxing, and more.

130 Skiable acres

Longest run is 6400 feet long..over a mile

Snowcross trail

---70 foot jumps

--14 Tubing slides all 1,000+ feet..

--Free Ski and board check

-Snow sports learning center

Touch The Sky..Blu mountain

Hahaha i told you the new brochure would come in handy.

If I'm lapping a trail at Blue, after like 3 hours I start to really ski like shit from being tired. That's when I take a break and spend the rest of the day in the park. 6-8 hours of lapping would just wind up hurting, you're prone to making mistakes which kills your stoke. Not to mention it would get hella frustrating.

I dunno, thats how we've gone my whole life. I guess because we're an hour away we have to make the most of it, I'm the opposite of you though. I warm up for a run, hit the park for an hour or two, and then free ride for the day. If you make a mistake on a regular trail whatever, if you make a mistake in the park you are getting hurt. My first day this year was 4 hours without a break and it felt really short. I also play a sport at school so my legs are relatively in shape, just the little control muscles are dead at the start of the year.