Chippy's pops take a spill.

toast21602

just got back from a 2+ hour session at Blue. wasnt too bad. conditions were nice first thing in the morning. the snow was hard and very carvable. good thing i didnt take out my park skis because the snow was SOLID. anyway. tons of PASRs were out today. me, doug, jeff, justo, justin, bmtroublemaker, noxidee, matt, chippy, his dad, i dont even remember everybody that was there.

so it was a good day.

oh yeah. and chippy's dad took a nice fall right were lazy turns at the bottom of sidewinder. crazy guy tried skiing around people and didnt see that there was no snow on that side of the trail and flew right off the trail. broken goggle (good thing they are cheap) cuts on face. but still a trooper and skied.

anyway. thats all. i'm sure there are more detailed reports to come from others.

oh yeah, and jeff pushed some dude off of the lift. i dont know who it was though.

Tired from a long day on little rest so I'll make it short.

Left my house just after 6. Pulled in and saw A-Jeff and Justin bootin up. Got my ticket and waited for them to come back down. Skied with them and the rest of the PASR's for the day including everyone that has been mentioned above. I really liked the snow today, fast and carvable. Lots of sweet and low all over the place. Towards the end of the morning, Lazy Mile was like an obstacle course, weaving in and out of the noobs and ski teams. Left after 14 runs and went to the Blue Mountain Drive In with A-Jeff, Doug, Justin. Breakfast was good. Headed home. Just got in 15 mins ago. Now I am beat so its time for a rest. I am just glad that I have 4 days on the hill before new years. I don't think I have ever had this in my life. Shoulda bought a season pass. Oh well. Peace.

Edited by n0xidee

Today was probably the most fun I've had all season. Everybody else pretty much covered the conditions, and GSS even described what I had to eat at the delicious Booter Mountain Drive-In. Conditions were super good this morning, delicious hard pack that was really fun to ski on. After about 10am Lazy Mile became a human slalom course, and everything was really skied down and granular (time to ski the park). I was about to make a right turn from the far side of Lazy Mile when some idiot turned left directly into me. Rode over my right ski which forced my tips to cross and I went down pretty hard, but no ejaculation of the skis. Killed my stoke for the day, so I took a break and got some breakfast. Went back up to the boot at around 11:15, skied the park myself until 12:50 and had some fun again. Just got in about 40 minutes ago, and I'm beat.

All in all fun weekend. Props to A-Jeff for letting me sleep on his sofa, and GSS for not getting mad about his ridiculously strong rear bumper. Time to order a new grill, clean the fresh roadkill of my skirts, UPS the fresh meat to GSS for breakfast this week, and bang out with a nap. Hoping for a dump tomorrow....but it's looking like icicles will be falling from the sky.

Woke up a little late this morning and decided against the Route 100 route and took the turnpike instead. Drove on in to the Valley Lodge around 7:15, and gear'ed up. I was the second person at the ticket gate, met up with Doug and grabbed first chair. Did the first run down Lazy Mile, and met up with Jeff and Justin ... n0xidee and toast joined the group very shortly after. The snow was in descent condition. Surprisingly the Blue Mountain Race Team was in good today, they didn't block anything. I was kind of shocked. Looks like the Ski Patrol was out today certifying the 1st year patrollers, doing tobaggon training and having "simulated accidents" around the mountain.

I was lucky, I managed to ski an empty main street most of the time, which allowed me to fully rip it. Lazy Mile was hit or miss on whether it would be crowded or not.

I basically alternated Lazy Mile / Main Street all day. Left around 11, the same time as Nastar Glenn.

Plays of the day:

The Vines - Get Free

Sixx AM - Life is Beautiful

Jimmy Eat World - Bleed American

Definetly not excited for tomorrow. I might be back for a Tuesday night trip after work, but that's tentative ...

A liitle late out of the gate this morning - had the office Christmas party last night. it made for a a bode-ful morning, props to him for killing it feeling like that -i was on slo-mo criuse control and skii'd with another mtb'r Kurt and his son. conditions are all covered in previous posts, only did one barnies, wasn't feelin' it today inthe ice bumps. a cool little tree bonk hit and little air turns off the lip of the trough on the right of lazy mile were the highlites of the day since doug wouldn't bust a rime. We all got a nice critique of our twin tip graphics from nastar glenn...started my saturday morning breakfast routine (since everybidy else mentioned it) of eating a bacon/egg/cheese on a bagel and a coffee from the lodge on the way home..time to light a fire and vegitate with mrsSnowbunsk...

So today wasn't bad at all. I was lapping lazy mile to falls. I finally met toast and was proven wrong that he is not as much of an asshole in person as he is on line. Good meeting you toast. My dads lips have swollen up a lot but he is okay. At least he didn't break anything.

T- minus 3 days till Jay Peak.

So today wasn't bad at all. I was lapping lazy mile to falls. I finally met toast and was proven wrong that he is not as much of an asshole in person as he is on line. Good meeting you toast. My dads lips have swollen up a lot but he is okay. At least he didn't break anything.

T- minus 3 days till Jay Peak.

you just didn't hear what i was saying.

just kidding.... kinda...

you just didn't hear what i was saying.

just kidding.... kinda...

Best line of the day:

My dad: so my new head skis have a chip in them that controls the stiffness....

Doug: what kind of chip? A potato chip?

my dad: no a micro chip.

Haha. Jeff change my username to chippy again.

Best line of the day:

My dad: so my new head skis have a chip in them that controls the stiffness....

Doug: what kind of chip? A potato chip?

my dad: no a micro chip.

Haha. Jeff change my username to chippy again.

Are those the Head skis? They're nuts. I kind of thought "bullshit a micro chip that controls stiffness", but the head guy came in with one cut in half. One guy holds the wires coming from the chip and one guy smacks it into the ground. You get the shock of your life if you are holding the wires. Their is a piezo electric material that generates electricity from the vibration of skiing. Hypothetically then the electricity stiffens the ski and smooth out the vibration. Truthfully there is no "microchip" but it works so who cares?

I was at Blue also yesterday ,great conditions. I got there around 7:15 am ,got a ticket and was on my way up around 730. It felt great riding a high speed quad and some long trails since i spend most of my time up at Bear Creek. I was really impressed with the park, everything was setup nice and the park crew was fixing everything all day. The up flat down box was real fun and I was mostly hitting that.

all you lazy sacks slept in this morning? it actually wasnt too bad first thing. whatever was falling from the sky slowed down and it was kinda fun, but then it got a bit warmed and it started pouring, which sucked, so we left.

Some of us ski during the week, so missing a day on the weekend isn't the end of the world.