Burglars steal cash from Blue Mountain Ski Area office

Old Geezer

Maybe someone was sick of Barbara ripping everyone off and they wanted to give back to the skiers/riders out there...

ok probably not, but I agree it was more than likely an inside job...

So maybe Barbara was ripping her employees off too and at least one of them said they'd rip her off....lol

Somehow, some way the Blue Mountain skiing / riding community will pay for this

weather it be a price increase, no spring fling coupons, or delayed coupons, or not finishing the rest of the new trail for another 4 years, or

$1 increase in fried oreos..... I heard Ms. Green was thinking of installing meters in the parking lot..

I heard Ms. Green was thinking of installing meters in the parking lot..

This is beyond stupid. If true, it would just make me take my season pass dollars elsewhere. Seriously... I would just get the more expensive pass to Elk and suffer the extra hour it takes me to get there.

Skiing is expensive to begin with, and I can afford to buy a season pass - but to be nickel and dimed at the same time is a horrible way to treat customers.

I do think they should install some cameras in the lodges. They know they have a problem with sticky fingers there, it would help them and all of us.

Blue is doing parking lot studies and is throwing around the idea of charging for parking, like every other entertainment venue.

Um... thats just dumb. They need to work on modernizing their facilities first. You have to give people a reason to pay more or else they'll stop coming. It's a great place, but they need to work on that...

Um... thats just dumb. They need to work on modernizing their facilities first. You have to give people a reason to pay more or else they'll stop coming. It's a great place, but they need to work on that...
They need to work on more than that. I have skiied for many years at Blue Mountain and have seen the clientele go steadily "downhill". The trails and lifts are wonderful - but -

1. Crowd control at either the 6 pack or the Quad is non-existant at night.

2. Skiiers code? Forget it. It's hard to ski while looking over your shoulder.

3. Checking your skis/board with the valet - you might wait 1/2 hour in the evenings.

4. Clientele? Fine during the day, but it's a zoo on Friday nights

Enough said - charge for parking?

Pay Parking is prevalant out west..and I know there are some areas with pay parking in New England..I think of Blue mountain as a similar place to Dorney Park or Six Flags which charge money for parking so why shouldn't Blue..it's their land. If they charged $10 a car and there were 100,000 cars in a season(low estimate) than that's a million dollars of extra revenue..with very little investment. But if they charged $10 for parking, I'd spend more on a season at Blue on parking than on my season pass.. :lol: Anyway it is what it is..

Unless JFBB and Camelback do it too, Blue will close. Nobody is going to pay for parking when there are other ski areas around that dont charge.

And if that happens (and its not free for passholders) then I am out...

I'd pay for parking..I pay for parking at the airport and Dorney Park...why wouldn't I for skiing..I'm guessing we won't see pay parking at Blue for a few more years..and it will likely become standard in the ski industry..

I guess I figure $50 for a day pass...or $500-something for a season pass is more than enough money for them. Charging for parking or whatnot is just nickel-and-diming customers.

I think charging for parking at Dorney is lame too. But then again, as faras I know, most people dont go to Dorney every weekend, or more than 3 times a week.

Some of us got a season pass because we want to ski more than twice a season...

I was always under the impression that the mega resorts charge for parking because of their stature and that allows them to get away with it. Plus their skier visits are probably much higher which means more cars to park (if that means anything). I just can't see it happening here. If it did that would be a shame.

A lot of places out west have pay parking due to the premium on flat ground. When you need to fit Condos, Townhomes, Hotels, etc. in a tight valley/canyon you need to maximize the use of your space. When those resorts shell out the cash to build parking garages that are maintained of course they are going to charge for parking.

If Blue was to maintain/improve their lots so you could see the money actually going somewhere, maybe it would be worth it to not have boots and other gear covered in mud. But my guess is that would not happen.