Glades at Jack Frost

Let's see..........cleaner, nicer, bigger Glades..........an Elevator...........nicest Employees............convenient.........best Groomers........First 2 open,last 2 close.......ONE PARK............AND.......The Finest Manmade Snow on the Planet !!!!!!!

Buying a pass to this place is a "no-brainer"

Edited by snomakerglenn

Let's see..........cleaner, nicer, bigger Glades..........an Elevator...........nicest Employees............convenient.........best Groomers........First 2 open,last 2 close.......ONE PARK............AND.......The Finest Manmade Snow on the Planet !!!!!!!

Buying a pass to this place is a "no-brainer"

Yep... That's why my son and I both have ours already...

They gave me plenty of reasons to...

They listen to the customers.

They have an open terrain policy.

They treat you like they appreciate your business.

They snow quality can't be beat.

The grooming is supurb.

They open as early as they can and stay open as late as they can.

(although camelback showed them up a little this year IMO)

The ski patrol does their job without the need for power trips.

The Elevator and the Glades

And there are some pretty F'N cool PASR's to ski with there as well...

Edited by phillycore

i really like what they are doing at frost, which is doing what they said they would, plus more. it comes down to the fact that they listen to what we have to say here, and are making it happen..keeps the customer coming back. so glad i bought my pass to JFBB. a high speed lift sure would be nice, but i am sure if they were to put one in, it wouldnt service east mountain, which is where i spend most of my time. i am just real happy about some new terrain to explore. glades are something new to me, so i definetly have something to work on for this season. if i had never met up with PC and PA ridge racer, i would have never really gotten to know the little nooks and crannies of frost.

how's that big air bag lookin thing working out for blue? that looks like money well spent.

keep up the good work JFBB!!

how's that big air bag lookin thing working out for blue? that looks like money well spent.

Now that there is funny...

I'm okay with the slow lifts for the most part... it keeps the crowds away and the snow nicer even longer..

It's a formula that has worked wonders at Elk over the years and seems to be working pretty good for Frost..

The fact that the jibhonks can goto Boulder keeps Frost a lot less crowded.

Unlike Blue and CB - we aren't all crammed into lift lines waiting for the high speed lift.

haha glades at jf....

Are they comparable to MRG or Jay Peak's trees? Of course not. But the glades at Frost are fun plus they're the only resort in the area who at least offers the opportunity to ski trees which is pretty cool IMO.

Edited by PA Ridge Racer

Are they comparable to MRG or Jay Peak's trees? Of course not. But the glades at Frost are fun plus they're the only resort in the area who at least offers the opportunity to ski trees which is pretty cool IMO.

He's all about Colorado now...

:rolleyes:

I mean in all respects lets be honest here...when I think of skiing glades, I think of making my own lines in fresh snow (with no CO residence bias when I say that)...I stay far far away from the trees when they're tracked out...not really fun for me. I guess it could be kinda cool though as long as they keep enough snow in there. Seems like a really good way to hit rocks.

Edited by Justin

I mean in all respects lets be honest here...when I think of skiing glades, I think of making my own lines in fresh snow (with no CO residence bias when I say that)...I stay far far away from the trees when they're tracked out...not really fun for me. I guess it could be kinda cool though as long as they keep enough snow in there. Seems like a really good way to hit rocks.

It's interesting to see differing points of view from different regions. I went to VT to ski some "big" mt. stuff and couldn't believe that with all the nice slopes, customers would stand in line to ride the high speed detach up the shortest run through glades skied down to the dirt!! Maybe they didn't want to ride a "slow" lift (going too fast for them to get on?) up to the top of a huge run with perfect untouched snow...... go figure. I don't like any skied-out conditions, including glades, diamonds or lift ramps. At Jack there is HUGE snowmaking capacity, so, when it gets ugly, they fix it. (of course, some wind and temps. help) At the end of the season there were areas of untouched terrain, you can ski anywhere at Jack.

I'll add that there is an element of the boarding community who go straight for the rocks at every opportunity. They jump off them, scratch down them, smash into them. Probably not the same as you and I would use our time and equip.

If you get bored at Jack it's because you're a boring skier, not from lack of terrain.

Edited by snomakerglenn