Next Years Wish List

Ride Delaware ?

This is just my rough list for next year. I'm going to try going powder hunting if my schedule and the weather cooperate. I am also going to try hitting the mountains on this list with the Ride and Ski New England Pass if it is offered again.

Maine

Saddleback

Vermont

Jay

Ascutney

Burke

Magic

New Hampshire

Wildcat

New York

Gore

Belleayre

Windham

Pennsylvania

Elk

Blue Knob

Obviously, I will probably not attain all of these, but I hope to link some of them such as Jay and Saddleback, Ascutney, Burke, and Magic, and Gore Belleayre, and Windham into week long trips. The others I will fill in on a bonus trip or day trip... I also have Whistler planned again for the last week in January/first week in February...

I want to stop being such a lazy park rat next year...hopefully there will be more snowfall. I'm not gonna be held back by my pass restrictions too so I want to ski more of beav and vail...I'd also like to get a few days in at copper and winter park. I'd also like to make a trip out to Utah, I have a friend that lives in Park City so it's not too far out of reach.

i really want to get up to saddleback as well. that place looks like a great experience. i would love to go anywhere actually besides just creek and jfbb next season. if i make it north at least once ill be happy.

and 7springs as well. cant ever convince friends to join me on the drive though.

It's so early but right now it's looking like.

Frost (mostly on weekends)

BB (one or two nights a week)

Elk (1 or 2 days - skipped it the past 2 seasons)

CB (if they give out the freebies again)

Whiteface

Gore (I want to knock this one off the list)

And who knows where else.

• 1 month later...

-Telluride

-Crested Butte

-Steamboat

-Jackson Hole

I'd also like to take a trip out to SLC to visit a friend. Don't know enough about the resorts out there to have a preference on which resort to hit. I also want to get out into the BC more and step up my game in that area. This season should be a lot better then last as I've got my finances worked out a lot better, but that being said... I thought the same thing last season.

I've only ridden 2 resorts in Utah, but Powder mountain is a mountain i'd love to spend some more time at. Nothing is really hard and technical, but the terrain is just super fun, lots of smaller hits, and the place is not crowded at all so pow lasts for a bit. Plus the 10 dollar cat skiing is awesome espeically if your willing to hike a bit.

over in Europe..it just not as user friendly with the language barrier and less natural snowfall than the Rockies..

You want language barrier go to China or Africa. If you go to ANY resort or even slightly touristy destination in western Europe the language barrier will be the very least of your issues. They've been teaching English over there since WWII in many cases... I've been to many different countries, and the first time I experience any kind of real language barrier was last year in China as they have only relatively recently made English a part of the curriculum. Cost and time are the only two real barriers to skiing/riding in Europe. Honestly if you go to Chamonix or somewhere similar a little bit later in the winter, snow will be the least of your worries (show me sometime through your skiing ability that this really is a pertinent issue anyway). The Alps are so strikingly beautiful and fun that it wouldn't really matter to me in the least if I skied crust and groomers all week long.

I'd also like to take a trip out to SLC to visit a friend. Don't know enough about the resorts out there to have a preference on which resort to hit. I also want to get out into the BC more and step up my game in that area. This season should be a lot better then last as I've got my finances worked out a lot better, but that being said... I thought the same thing last season.

The Bird end of story

I'll go to UT and VT again but I do have something special planned for February....KP will be all time epic.

Kirkwood

Northstar

Squaw

Probably not going to do a trip that requires a flight this year since we are in the middle of moving but definitely a week in Tahoe in January or February. Plus a couple of long weekend trips.

But I am still really enjoying the summer. I don't usually really miss riding until October.

• 3 weeks later...

Sadly I don't think we'll be leaving PA this year due to a family cruise to the Bahamas this winter. Oh well. We'll just have to be daytrippers.

BLUE :yes

Truth. I better get to ski with you at least one day this season.

seems the same every year...

blue, greek peak, mt snow, camelback definates. more days at gp since the condo will be done

Jealous.