Blue Park Updates?

xNick11

At the end of last year they announced that they got a winch cat, or groomer or whatever its called. Now I know next to nothing about grooming, but does that mean they'll be able to make jumps with long steep landings like you'd find at major resorts/big boulder?

in theory, yes. however, that's also entirely dependent on how much snow they can blow. to really make use of a winch cat, they're have to blow a ton more snow than they had last year, otherwise you'd just end up with short, steep landings. i could be wrong here, but i think a big push for the snow cat was to be able to properly groom the steeper sections of challene/razors so they can go slower and make the trail smoother.

but i think a big push for the snow cat was to be able to properly groom the steeper sections of challene/razors so they can go slower and make the trail smoother.

Yes.

I would think using a winch cat would be tough for jumps because how would they anchor it? I'd think the winch cable would slice right through the jumps :huh:

Yes.

I would think using a winch cat would be tough for jumps because how would they anchor it? I'd think the winch cable would slice right through the jumps :huh:

you attach the winch to a regular cat sitting on the landing of the jump. by being able to do that, you're also ensured that the landing is nice and wide, since you've gotta be able to fit a cat on either side of the lip to get it to the deck.

Damn dudes, I don't know either of you but it's a ski message board, it just ain't that serious.

So if any of you have access to people who manage Blue's park, it'd be cool to know if they intend to put the new equipment to use or if it was bought solely for the steeper sections with no thought for the park's improvement.

you attach the winch to a regular cat sitting on the landing of the jump. by being able to do that, you're also ensured that the landing is nice and wide, since you've gotta be able to fit a cat on either side of the lip to get it to the deck.

Exactly, though you don't always need a winch cat depending on how you do it.

does anyone know if any reps from blue go on here?

I guess thats what I`d be considered? And airbag= not bullshit. Its just taking a while because appearantly theres alot of insurance crap to deal with when you bring them around, who ever would have guessed. And Doug and Rob, you are both acting like idiots. I know you both are decent, nice, MATURE guys so stop having cat fights over the stupidest stuff ever.

I guess thats what I`d be considered? And airbag= not bullshit. Its just taking a while because appearantly theres alot of insurance crap to deal with when you bring them around, who ever would have guessed. And Doug and Rob, you are both acting like idiots. I know you both are decent, nice, MATURE guys so stop having cat fights over the stupidest stuff ever.

You tell em lexi!!!!