Blu opening thursday the 17th

bluebomber19

HA Same here...i live right between boulder and blue...Blue just keeps pissing all of us locals off with this shit..I used to work lifts @ Blue and the lift inspection thing is just a joke..Even if they were "inspecting" the lifts they could open Saturday..why wait a whole week? Whatever I will just utilize my JFBB pass. i understand they wanna open and have a lot of terrain open at once..but look at the $ they are losing.

Blue's self inspection might be a joke, but the state inspection is no joke. And since no one at Blue remembered to call and get the lifts inspected, they cant open til the inspection is complete. The inspector will be there the 16th.

• Like 1

Blue's self inspection might be a joke, but the state inspection is no joke. And since no one at Blue remembered to call and get the lifts inspected, they cant open til the inspection is complete. The inspector will be there the 16th.

This man speaks the truth :nana

Edit: The inspector is a good guy, I hear, bet it doesn't put him in a good mood when blue was talking about a possible opening on the radio before he even got there to inspect :wiggle

Edited by riderossi

Yes, but im sure that extra coin up front from all the passholders definitely helps early on. They loose that and they may regret it.

They don't care about early openings.

They are running a business that caters to snow bunnies, people who see snow in their own back yard and THEN make the mad dash to the mountains.

And with last month's warm weather , nobody is making that mad dash to the mountains.

Don't bother me with my saying NOBODY and say 1,500 people came to BB last week.

That was the shitshow to avoid for sure.

You wouldn't see 1,500 guests at Blue every day next week even if they open today for the season.

They have 20 years of statistics that shows who comes to play early and late in the season

and its up to management to figure out where to cut the losses at the beginning start up date and the ending shut down date.

How many times have you skied until the last week of March totally alone on the hill because

people were at the flower show instead of going skiing?

Some of us die hards will always enjoy that quiet time having the mountain to ourselves all day long.

We've had snow on Halloween and seen the hardpack not melt until after Easter so you can

pick on Blue for not opening a longer season but the reality is just how many

people and services they have to pay to run the place compared to how many guests actually show up in December or March.

And for all you wussies complaining about driving 100 miles to go ski a few times a month,

I drove from Jim Thorpe to Haddonfield NJ every day for years.

100 miles each way every day for work. It was good work. I wrote software for pacemakers.

If you think you want to ski more and drive less....move closer to a ski hill.

This sucks. My first year with a pass to Blue and they are not opening even when Bear Creek will be, lame. Looks like I will be at JF this weekend. I really don't like Camelback for some reason and would rather head to Frost. I was up in the air this year about a pass to Blue or JF/BB and am kinda wishing I went with JF/BB right now. Don't get me wrong I love riding at Blue, even when I had a pass to Bear Creek I spent more days at Blue then there. You can't beat Blues high speed lifts and long runs compared to other resorts in the Poconos. It is stuff like this that bothers me about Blue though. With JF/BB opening a couple weeks earlier and closing a couple weeks later it might make sense for me to jump ship next year even if it is a further drive. Why give Blue my money when it is clear they could care less about the pass holders?

• Like 1

They do have the VIP express liftline for passholders so they care.. :wiggle

yeah which everyone decides to use anyway passholders or not. I can't tell ya how many blue jean skiiers and snowboarders i saw in that "vip" line.

Edited by Nidecker25
  • Like 1

i skied blue 31 times last year with 138 mile one way... god i hate living in maryland

I rode blue a total of 42 times last year with only a 36 mile round trip..... ahhh i love living close.

jfbb is only 72 miles round trip. I would hate having over a 100 mile drive each way.

Edited by Nidecker25

Lulz, that is crazy fucked up. What a bunch of fucking amateurs....

:banghead well i guess it's ridin the bike for another week

did you have to call them or anything to activate it for this year?

ditto. although i think i'm heading to camelback in the morning before i go ride jordan. but anyway...

about the pass, you have about another 3 weeks until blue opens to get up there and sign the crap so no worries, no rush.

ditto. although i think i'm heading to camelback in the morning before i go ride jordan. but anyway...

about the pass, you have about another 3 weeks until blue opens to get up there and sign the crap so no worries, no rush.

3 weeks :blink: greep peak opened thursday but i don't feel like doin the drive again for 1 t2b run

what time you hittin jordan? was thinkin about doing the same in the afternoon after it watms up a bit