Jackson Hole Report Thread

AtomicSkier

I think Jack Frost may have a larger base right now... ouch

Still.. more slope time than lift time = fun fun fun

lol maybe because all of jf's terrain is manmade snow combined with the fact it doesn't bake in the snow all day :banghead

i had so much powder on my trip last year, but i'm having just as much fun this year. We've had everything from chalky snow on north faces to spring like conditions on south faces, and even some fresh pow. I don't need pow to have fun at JH..skiing the awesome terrain makes it just another day in paradise.

I might ski alone part of the day as atomic jeff and jay aren't big tree skiing fans without pow and aren't to keen on skiing the hobacks and lower faces. Yes they are boney and rough but they have remained well below freezing all day keeping the snow forgiving in contrast to the crunchy snow at some of the upper elevations which don't face north.

Sad to hear that you can be somewhere that nice and give up on a ski day because the conditions are going downhill so fast.

How many days do you have left?

Maybe next year we'll go on the JH trip so you have someone to hang with at night. Or not.

You should definitely do it, but not with Doug considering his response. Amazing scenery and amazing sidetrips. Even if you guys go for a whole week you could ski one or two days and then take advantage of all the other stuff in the area. My family and I went up to Yellowstone and had an amazing time. There are National Parks, spas, ranches, resorts, shops, hotels, etc... I definitely consider Wyoming among the most visually striking places in the US in terms of scenery and landscape. Never know how much longer they'll let you snowmobile or snowcat into Yellowstone. Do it sooner rather that later. Environmentally speaking its not the best thing, but I'll never forget the time I did it...

You should definitely do it, but not with Doug considering his response. Amazing scenery and amazing sidetrips. Even if you guys go for a whole week you could ski one or two days and then take advantage of all the other stuff in the area. My family and I went up to Yellowstone and had an amazing time. There are National Parks, spas, ranches, resorts, shops, hotels, etc... I definitely consider Wyoming among the most visually striking places in the US in terms of scenery and landscape. Never know how much longer they'll let you snowmobile or snowcat into Yellowstone. Do it sooner rather that later. Environmentally speaking its not the best thing, but I'll never forget the time I did it...

Have you ever skied Jackson Hole?

Doug wasn't being a dick, but there are honestly like 4 trails Sexkitten would feel comfortable on. It'd be a waste of money to ski 5% of the terrain at Jackson Hole.

I've actually been to Wyoming a million times as a kid but I had an external fixator on forever so skiing wasn't possible.

Doug wasn't being a dick, but there are honestly like 4 trails Sexkitten would feel comfortable on. It'd be a waste of money to ski 5% of the terrain at Jackson Hole.

It would be like skiing at Blue for quadruple the price! FYI, I am now able to ski almost every trail at Killington fairly well. OK... fairly well is a relative terms. Whatever. Haha.

But I also believe that northern Vt is also awesome for skiing, scenery and the vibe is better.

Cheaper too but the hotels are nothing like the fabulous ones in JH.

Have you ever skied Jackson Hole?

Im going to call bullshit on this one.

My first year out there, i took my girlfriend who had been riding for a year out there. She rode way more then 5% of the mountain.