3. Squaw Valley

4. Jackson Hole

5. Mammoth Mtn.

6. Alta/Snowbird

7. Breckenridge

8. Telluride

9. Mt. Baker

10. Big Sky

Both Jack Frost/Big Boulder and Seven Springs made their list of "MidWest" resorts.

Aspen/Snowmass finished:

1st for Best Overall Terrain Parks

2nd for Best Pipe

3rd for Best Jump Line

4th for Best Rail Set Up

4th for Best Overall Flow

2nd for Best for Progession

My guess is that most of the people on this board are of the "Freeskier" demographic.

2011 Freeskier Magazine resort rankings:

1. Whistler Blackcomb

2. Aspen/Snowmass

3. Squaw Valley

4. Jackson Hole

5. Mammoth Mtn.

6. Alta/Snowbird

7. Breckenridge

8. Telluride

9. Mt. Baker

10. Big Sky

Both Jack Frost/Big Boulder and Seven Springs made their list of "MidWest" resorts.

Aspen/Snowmass finished:

1st for Best Overall Terrain Parks

2nd for Best Pipe

3rd for Best Jump Line

4th for Best Rail Set Up

4th for Best Overall Flow

2nd for Best for Progession

My guess is that most of the people on this board are of the "Freeskier" demographic.

Aspen sucks! Why would anyone go there?! It doesn't even make the Top 10 in anything! :banghead

You ride and don't ski, correct? If so, skip Ajax, it won't be any fun for you and will ride "very small." There is a reason that Ajax was one of the last mountains in the U.S. to allow boarders, and it is not because of Aspen's "elitism," well maybe a little bit. I would suggest going to Aspen Highlands and you can ride down the bowl. It's a great experience. Of course Buttermilk is just one giant terrain park, you might like it there too.

Snowmass was definitely my favorite. I had a ton of fun at Ajax as well, but as JS said, might ski small for a boarder. I actually thought it skied pretty big (if you know where you're going). I think if I get back out to the roaring fork valley, I'd like to check out Highlands some more, as I only hiked the bowl, and skied a groomer or three.

You ride and don't ski, correct? If so, skip Ajax, it won't be any fun for you and will ride "very small." There is a reason that Ajax was one of the last mountains in the U.S. to allow boarders, and it is not because of Aspen's "elitism," well maybe a little bit. I would suggest going to Aspen Highlands and you can ride down the bowl. It's a great experience. Of course Buttermilk is just one giant terrain park, you might like it there too.

Thanks for the info. We just took a peak at the trail maps, and it seemed Snowmass had more to offer for us, that and cheaper rooms so thats where we ended up.

Snowmass was a good time for sure. The day we got there was the first day of fresh snow in a week or so, so there was an excellent buzz among the people there which made for a great day. Spent the day playing in the trees and loving life. Had an interesting convo with some Englanders on the gondi there. Asked them why they didn't just head over to Europe, and their response was along the lines of Europeans are stupid and they like the terrain here.

Thanks for the info. We just took a peak at the trail maps, and it seemed Snowmass had more to offer for us, that and cheaper rooms so thats where we ended up.

Snowmass was a good time for sure. The day we got there was the first day of fresh snow in a week or so, so there was an excellent buzz among the people there which made for a great day. Spent the day playing in the trees and loving life. Had an interesting convo with some Englanders on the gondi there. Asked them why they didn't just head over to Europe, and their response was along the lines of Europeans are stupid and they like the terrain here.

I had dinner with Suzann Pettersen (5th ranked womens golfer in the world, $$$) and her family and they were asking me where they should ski in the US. I asked the same question "Why not ski the Alps?". Well besides the fact that it's a big thing for someone from Europe to ski in the US, as it is with someone from the US skiing in Europe, but they said they prefer the people and terrain in the US. I sent them to Jackson Hole :)

I had dinner with Batman (3rd ranked Superhero in the world, $$$) and Robin and they were asking me where they should get fried chicken in NY. I asked the same question "Why not get fried chicken in Gotham City?" Well besides the fact that its a big thing for someone from Gotham City to get fried chicken in NY, as it is with someone from NY getting fried chicken in Gotham City, but they said they prefer the people and fried chicken in NY. I sent them to Kennedy Fried Chicken to get the 4 pc. chicken, fries, and roll combo meal for $5.50. :)

I would like to see your full list of ranked superheroes and what exactly they are being ranked on.

I had dinner with Batman (3rd ranked Superhero in the world, $$$) and Robin and they were asking me where they should get fried chicken in NY. I asked the same question "Why not get fried chicken in Gotham City?" Well besides the fact that its a big thing for someone from Gotham City to get fried chicken in NY, as it is with someone from NY getting fried chicken in Gotham City, but they said they prefer the people and fried chicken in NY. I sent them to Kennedy Fried Chicken to get the 4 pc. chicken, fries, and roll combo meal for $5.50. :)

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

name dropper.

I had dinner with Suzann Pettersen (5th ranked womens golfer in the world, $$$) and her family and they were asking me where they should ski in the US. I asked the same question "Why not ski the Alps?". Well besides the fact that it's a big thing for someone from Europe to ski in the US, as it is with someone from the US skiing in Europe, but they said they prefer the people and terrain in the US. I sent them to Jackson Hole :)

Lots of Euros come to NA because the snow is better and the slack/backcountry is generally speaking far less dangerous. Euro is incredible but definitely more of a pain in the ass.

• Like 1

I actually prefer AJAX of all 4 Aspen hills. I guess when I ski by myself I seem to have the most fun there. Snowmass is expansive and you could spend weeks there and not get tired of it. Highlands is fun to change it up with fast groomers, legendary highland bowl, and a bunch of tree skiing that never gets old. I can't wait to get back.

I would love to meet Batman in Aspen for some good skiing and eating. I would take Batman for breakfast at the main street bakery(ham & cheddar omelette with a side of bacon), lunch at the ajax tavern(colorado lamb bolognese & truffle fries), and dinner at little annies(full beef stew & apple crisp). I think he would like it there. :nana

NAZarethSkier likes desserts even more than Batman.

If we are talking rankings, resorts, and food...

Deer Valley, Utah should not be left out. Lunch at any of their on mountain cafeterias is wonderful. My preference is Turkey chili with all the fixins and carrot cake to wash it down. :devil:

We have to stop talking about Aspen; it makes me want to pack up the car and hit the road.

You can go to just about any Aspen eatery and Nazareth Skier Jay can give you the 411 on what to eat. One of these days we will have to get you to slum it at the Hickory House.

hahaha...Hickory House NSJay could handle...I'd like to see him at that restaurant in the trailer park. :nana

I know I missed of few of Jay's "must eat" places, including the bbq place on snowmass?

Little Annie's was good.

If we are talking rankings, resorts, and food...

Deer Valley, Utah should not be left out. Lunch at any of their on mountain cafeterias is wonderful. My preference is Turkey chili with all the fixins and carrot cake to wash it down. :devil:

Have you ever experience the wonder that is the Snowbasin lodges as far as food? If not they suck and stay away.

I have to agree with that... Bell definitely has some mediocre food at ridiculous prices in that basement... You can take it upstairs if your motivated for a much better view lol. Elk may have high SP and Day Tix, but their food is pretty damn affordable... No complaints there...

I have to agree with that... Bell definitely has some mediocre food at ridiculous prices in that basement... You can take it upstairs if your motivated for a much better view lol. Elk may have high SP and Day Tix, but their food is pretty damn affordable... No complaints there...

But if you take your food up to the bar, There is some fine entertainment to be had if your watching out the windows. Nothing like watching some Asian kid check his hair in the window as if we couldn't see what he was doing. Did this multiple times, it was pretty damn funny.

Blue needs to start handing out free cookies. This season I'm gonna start bring pocket meat to the mountain. Just some meat I'll keep in my pocket Napoleon Dynamite style...I have a feeling my pocket meat is gonna be a hit with the skibunnies is they are in the mood for something savery.

On topic best on-mountain dining has to go to Belleayre...I love the basement ambience with no windows and still jacked up prices.

the term pocket meat just sounds absolutely repulsive. maybe i'll set up a bake sale with chocolate chip cookies and steal the thunder from the race kids selling rice crispy treats that look solid enough to be used to lay the foundation of a house.