When Will the Snow Arrive?

Ride Delaware ?

When will the temps start dropping enough for Killington and Sunday River to make a run at it? The 10 day doesn't look too promising, and if the temps don't drop shortly after that there may not be any Halloween skiing and riding to be had :(

lol...you're funny with this shit. relax, some years are better then others early season. We've been lucky in the past 3 years skiing southern Vermont the first weekend in November. If it happens again, great, but anything on or before the 2nd weekend in November is gravy.

lol...you're funny with this shit. relax, some years are better then others early season. We've been lucky in the past 3 years skiing southern Vermont the first weekend in November. If it happens again, great, but anything on or before the 2nd weekend in November is gravy.

I'm not going to be going then, and possibly not even the first or second weekend in November, but damn it would help ease my pain if the temps would allow them to blow some snow... Don't ask me why, but it would help... Means we are that much closer...

Yeah, I want to be somewhere opening day, but I just spent some time in Europe (15 days), so I have to work a little bit. Plus we havent closed on a condo yet and I don't know what the overall status of that is or when it will happen. I have been trolling the Sugarbush message board since Win Smith posts there, and they are aiming for a Nov 1 snowmaking start with slopes opening the 20th. Its attainable if the weather is there. Hugo, what do you think of the new building? I believe it is going to be the new ski school and rental shop?

Hugo, what do you think of the new building? I believe it is going to be the new ski school and rental shop?

The renderings labelled the buildings as one being a children's ski school and the other an adult ski school. Kind of ridiculous to have two separate schools, so one will most likely be a rental shop or something. It looked like they had done a bunch of work on the other buildings, too.

When will the temps start dropping enough for Killington and Sunday River to make a run at it? The 10 day doesn't look too promising, and if the temps don't drop shortly after that there may not be any Halloween skiing and riding to be had :(

Do you realize it's OCTOBER 4TH! Besides Loaf, what mountains are normally open by halloween? Normally and recently NONE! Give it some time. Winter will come.

Actually, the past 3 years Sunday River had T2 open (Yes, I realize its off the midstation and is only 300 ft vert) and last year that was the only weekend until early november that they were actually open T2B... I know its a rarity... Just really want the cold weather to get here soon...

Actually, the past 3 years Sunday River had T2 open (Yes, I realize its off the midstation and is only 300 ft vert) and last year that was the only weekend until early november that they were actually open T2B... I know its a rarity... Just really want the cold weather to get here soon...

I had so much fun last year on T2 haha

Don't you have enough gear already? The only person I know that has more gear then you is Nick Malozzi...and he has a different jacket for every day he boards.

Nah, sold a bunch of it last year, and about to unload a bunch more next week.