Aspen Stoke

AtomicSkier

Found my car parking fee $120. OK time to make more $$ for 2011-2012. 3-4 trips out west next season and lots of new gear.

Thanks again to Johnny style for the hospitality and Atomic Jeff for convincing me to come and for the United airlines perks.

No wonder I always used a limo... Was this at Allentown or Newark?

Newark $18 a day for economy...I never have people drive me to the airport cause I don't wanna give people rides. I can handle it a couple times a year. Philly is only $11-12ish.

Did you ever try the remote parking lots? We had really good luck with them and they take you right to your car. My link I can't remember which one we used...SkyPark? We would use that when a limo for some reason (corporate rates even for personal trips, of course) wasn't the answer.

my ass has penned out. ive already been there more times than you anyway.

jet engine carbon footprint for a ridiculous 25 minute flight?

id rather

600full-dumb-%26-dumber-photo.jpg

in the end though i'd doubt you'd even waste time in aspen if you made a trip out here.

at least if it was me i wouldn't want to waste the time and money to fly out here for anything but telluride/silverton or maybe a week at steamboat. not saying aspen has shit terrain, but it ain't worth the coin if i was planing a trip from the ice coast.

• Like 2

in the end though i'd doubt you'd even waste time in aspen if you made a trip out here.

at least if it was me i wouldn't want to waste the time and money to fly out here for anything but telluride/silverton or maybe a week at steamboat. not saying aspen has shit terrain, but it ain't worth the coin if i was planing a trip from the ice coast.

Have you been to Aspen/Snowmass?

Have you been to Aspen/Snowmass?

Back it up there Jeffy. I wasn't ragging on the place. I know it's good, but no I haven't made it there yet. Anything short of a free pass and I prolly won't head there either. Not really my kinda crowd, and to far to drive for most weekend day trips.

My point wasn't to bash Aspen. My point was if I was to have unlimited funds and live on the east coast (like yourself), I'd go bigger, and get away from the snobbery. However, I know that's your cup of teabag, and for that Aspen is the titties. So glad you got there a lot this season.

Speaking of titties... was your 5min Aspen - Denver flight on this airline? I'm really trying to figure out who this airline is, any help is appreciated:

wtf-girl-photo-i-also-have-an-emergency.gif

• Like 2

Sibhusky lived in Hillsbourough which is only like 30 minutes from Newark so might be cheaper than parking and by limo maybe she means like a town car...not like a limo people take to the prom..

i know she didnt mean limo as in stretch limo but still, alot of those places are pretty expensive.

Sibhusky lived in Hillsbourough which is only like 30 minutes from Newark so might be cheaper than parking and by limo maybe she means like a town car...not like a limo people take to the prom..

It only used to cost $45 each way. Corporate rates, ya see.

powder..post-512-0-17680200-1301615169_thumb.jpg

Now that one interests me... Looks ilke a less steep Windowpane... Just about broke a femur there on Sunday when I forgot I didn't have my powder skis on, took a turn in some tight-ish trees on a slope way steeper than this one here, didn't make turn number two. Did some pinball from tree to tree, now have a bruise about six inches in diameter.

Edited by sibhusky

Funny how Nick wouldn't want to ski Aspen cause it's too far from Denver and has alot of rich people....NEWSFLASH...rich people are mostly skiing the herb groomers...people seemed very laid back..bro brah change for a nickle mags and herb tourons...any skier or rider worth his/her salt would have a blast at Aspen..especially after a few days when you learn the mountain a little..not going to a ski resort because there are rich people is crazy..most skiers and riders are pretty well off...cause it's an expensive sport..open up your mind Mr. Maloser..

.....NEWSFLASH... you don't know shit. Plenty of rich people can hang and many many skiers are complete dirtbags who have figured out how to budget in order to afford a very expensive sport. Any skier/rider worth their weight would have a blast at almost any hill anywhere. Aspen is over 3 hours from Denver and as you noted doesn't get much snow, and requires driving past or farther than many other quality destinations, with cheaper tickets and more snow.

I want to visit the highlands because some people I trust said there are a few fun shots there, and photo evidence seems to agree. I would much rather be at any of the following: Telluride, Crested Butte, Wolf Creek, Jackson, Snowbird, Alta (if I skied), Baker, Whistler, Squaw, Bridger, Revelstoke, Kicking Horse, Retallack, Silverton, Crystal, Alyeska or for the price of going to half of these spots: any number of BC zones with a sled and a trustworthy crew.

• Like 2

Aspen owns Bridger Bowl? Since when? I thought it was a municipal ski area??? As far as I know, it's a non-profit.

Bridger Bowl is a nonprofit community ski area offering world-class skiing at small-town rates.

They don't own Crested Butte either as near as I can tell. Aspen ski co operates Buttermilk, Snowmass, Aspen Highlands, and Aspen/Ajax.

Where do you get this stuff?

Edited by sibhusky
  • Like 1

Aspen owns Bridger Bowl..which you think is world class..

Doug you don't hike, I wouldn't expect you to like Bridger Bowl. Your comments about your experience at the hill are very telling about your skill level and your experience at this hill.

Crested Butte which isn't very big and doesn't have close to the vert as Aspen...

Keep telling yourself bigger is better and vert is king. The rest of us will be having more fun...

• Like 1

Aspen owns Bridger Bowl? Since when? I thought it was a municipal ski area??? As far as I know, it's a non-profit.

They don't own Crested Butte either as near as I can tell. Aspen ski co operates Buttermilk, Snowmass, Aspen Highlands, and Aspen/Ajax.

Where do you get this stuff?

LOL

"owns" as in "is better than"