Aspen Stoke

AtomicSkier

http://news.google.com/news/more?q=highlands+avalanche&um=1&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&ncl=d9YUiMjhTwM0vKMk5aFmJ3ShAgP1M&ei=qHCaTcCkFI_4swO3zeGaBA&sa=X&oi=news_result&ct=more-results&resnum=1&ved=0CCkQqgIwAA

1 victim = fatality. The other 4 were not caught, they did find and attempt to resuscitate. They left the body. SAR will probably wait to tomorrow to remove the body.

Correct... I worded that poorly. I meant 5 total people in the group involved with 1fatality. Thanks for clarifying.

• Like 1

wow i thought this was in highlands based on nick's initial post, but after reading the article it was in Maroon Bowl. Second death this year just outside the boundaries at Aspen/Snowmass. There is some awesome BC terrain that looks so tempting. Johnny quickly reminded me this past trip of the HUGE slide that was visible during my first trip to Aspen when I commented on how appealing it looked.

wow i thought this was in highlands based on nick's initial post, but after reading the article it was in Maroon Bowl. Second death this year just outside the boundaries at Aspen/Snowmass. There is some awesome BC terrain that looks so tempting. Johnny quickly reminded me this past trip of the HUGE slide that was visible during my first trip to Aspen when I commented on how appealing it looked.

The initial report I read from CIAC made it sound like it was in Highlands, but they've since clarified as well. The internet is great for fast information, but it isn't always 100% accurate.

At any rate, it's one of MANY deaths this year that occurred just out of bounds. I know we have them every year, but it seems like a lot more this year than normal. Real shame. Vibes to the family/friends of the victim.

You find a good deal at Hotel Jerome on Orbitz? I saw $199 a night. I know there's a hostel which is probably your best chance at meeting golf partners.

It's less then $199 a night. I'm bringing my dad I think (he's hoping to move a potential conflict that week) in hopes that maybe he'll want to invest. I'm thinking about my future :nana

There's a studio right at the base of the Gondola at Ajax for about $600k. If I buy that I can make my money back renting it out to PASRs.

Nah, they'd all want it for free because they're such good pals.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I can see Atomic Jeff flying into ASE this weekend for a little skiing and golfing while staying at the Hotel Jerome. Can you imagine? "Hi, I'd like to check in my golf clubs and some skis please."

I don't think I can make it happen this weekend unfortunately. Golf tournament on Saturday morning, and the flight I'd need to catch is at 2:30pm out of ABE, and that's cutting it close.

I just msg'd you though...next weekend I'm free...let's go!

A Basin will have more/better terrain

Edit: actually, if I were you, i'd hit snowbird

For a quick weekend trip, I need convenience. Not enough time to dick around with driving from Denver, etc. Aspen is super convenient, no need to rent a car, the shuttle from the airport is 5 minutes, I know where everything is. This time of the year I'd stick to what I know for the sake of making the most of my weekend.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...