Aspen Stoke

AtomicSkier

Does anybody know Katie Stepan (sic)? She was an instructor at Blue and is now an instructor at Snowmass. I rode the lift with her today and she was really nice. She moved out here five years ago. She mentioned that Sal Aurely, who was my instructor in the late 70s early 80s, and who was also T.J. Burke's stunt double in Aspen Extreme, still teaches here. I thought that was pretty cool. Maybe I should hire him for nostalgia's sake?

Edited by Johnny Style

just when i thought you drank the COolaid ;) All the people on PASR that have been to Aspen think it's great. Those who haven't...hate.

How can you justify hating on a place you have never been to. People like to hate on it because aspen is so well known, and everyone has a preconceived notion of what it is like. I can attest to the fact, that once you get there, you will realize that aspen extreme is just a movie. Sure aspen can be expensive, but UNLIKE TELLURIDE, it can be done on the cheap as well, especially for people who live in Colorado. Stay in Glenwood or Carbondale for like $60 a night. Buy a classic pass and ski for less than $50 a day.

It's worth it to me because I like it there. Some people think BMW's are overpriced when a Daewoo will get you to point B just the same. To each his own :wiggle

you can't get BMW's buy one get one free though! you could say the same thing about anything. a good micro brew vs. coors lite, a $50 bottle of wine vs. yellow tail, etc. ride where you wanna ride and buy what you enjoy, unless it's coors lite. then you might as well just drink water.

your loss.. aspen is rad!...well snowmass and highlands are at least...I have never skied Ajax. They may not have the pucker factor of some of the things are silverton or telluride..but the terrain is a shit ton better than anything in bounds on the front range.

Dude, read my posts. I know Aspen is legit. That's not at all my point.y point was for me I like to hike or whatever. That's part of the fin for me. So telluride with silverton in the mix is more for me. I'm stoked jeff got to Aspen so much. That place is made for him. It would all make more sense but jeff deleted multiple posts I made to make me look like a dick. Fuck it. I'm drunk in Denver about to go see trampled by turtles, going climbing in boulder canyon with my girl tomorrow, and having a party tomorrow night before hittin wp on Sunday. Jeffs just got

Pasr to delete posts so he can look cool . Fuxk it

Dude, read my posts. I know Aspen is legit. That's not at all my point.y point was for me I like to hike or whatever. That's part of the fin for me. So telluride with silverton in the mix is more for me. I'm stoked jeff got to Aspen so much. That place is made for him. It would all make more sense but jeff deleted multiple posts I made to make me look like a dick. Fuck it. I'm drunk in Denver about to go see trampled by turtles, going climbing in boulder canyon with my girl tomorrow, and having a party tomorrow night before hittin wp on Sunday. Jeffs just got

you ever go to shotgun willies yet?

go hike the highlands bowl. That is a longer hike than anything you will find at telluride.

I agree with your sentiment that whoever is deleting posts really needs to stop. There is no place on an open forum for some butt-hurt mod to go around deleting everything he doesn't agree with. I realize this is a private board, and they can do what they want, but if this keeps going on, I sure as hell will stop posting here. PASR already doesn't have a lot of activity, and alienating some of your most active members won't help you build a more active community.

• Like 4

go hike the highlands bowl. That is a longer hike than anything you will find at telluride.

I agree with your sentiment that whoever is deleting posts really needs to stop. There is no place on an open forum for some butt-hurt mod to go around deleting everything he doesn't agree with. I realize this is a private board, and they can do what they want, but if this keeps going on, I sure as hell will stop posting here. PASR already doesn't have a lot of activity, and alienating some of your most active members won't help you build a more active community.

I agree man, my point was... Unlimited funds and no restrictions I'd be dropping bucks on heli trips in Silverton over Aspen snobbery if my target was Colorado. However, my point was diluted by bullshit post deleting and attempts to make it look like I hated Aspen. Again, Aspen has dom sick terrain, but if I had a platinum card with daddy's name on it I'd find way better ways to rack up a balance.

• Like 2

why are there so many missing posts jeff?

i agree.

Just saw there was a slide in the highlands. 5 confirmed victims and 1 confirmed fatality. Keep them in your thoughts.

http://news.google.com/news/more?q=highlands+avalanche&um=1&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&ncl=d9YUiMjhTwM0vKMk5aFmJ3ShAgP1M&ei=qHCaTcCkFI_4swO3zeGaBA&sa=X&oi=news_result&ct=more-results&resnum=1&ved=0CCkQqgIwAA

1 victim = fatality. The other 4 were not caught, they did find and attempt to resuscitate. They left the body. SAR will probably wait to tomorrow to remove the body.