Seriously, WTF is with this Weather?

Ride Delaware ?

He enjoys it and his winter stoke factor is rising. Changed to a Stowe season pass holder this year (last year was SB ). But reality is setting in that he has to study his a$$ off to get by. I warned him college was different from hs, now he knows

I'm obviously an SB pass holder, but why didn't he go Stowe last year? Basically the same season and Stowe has better snow/snowmaking...

I'm obviously an SB pass holder, but why didn't he go Stowe last year? Basically the same season and Stowe has better snow/snowmaking...

And 7 miles closer but college freshman don't usually know those sorts of things. I chose a Stowe pass over the huge pass which consisted of sugarbush, jay peak and MRG.

Where his buds were

When I was a freshman they had the Stowe/sugarbush pass and when they ended that I didn't get to ski with half my ski buddies in college. Kind of sucked....that's a real first world problem. The only time I ever had a ski rack was when I was in college because I was giving alot of people rides skiing.

The forecast just trended down a few degrees. Low of 23 Sunday night and 22 Monday night for allentown. 20 and 23 for the lows for mount pocono. I'm thinking it could be an inversion at Blue the true. They can blast the hell out of valley school so justo and toast can be happy to have something to ski on!!!!

• Like 1

Does the busy have any snow down already like Stowe and Killington?? I think most vermont areas will be able to go around the clock snowmaking top to bottom on Monday that is gonna save their thanksgiving...if this seasonal blast of colder air keeps trending colder maybe a few PA and NY areas will open for thanksgiving as well...white ribbon of death sounds pretty good right about now.

Tonight is the night to watch the temperatures plummet. I advise everybody to bring in their tropical plants....we are going to have a hard freeze.

Thank you for the advice. I will bring in all variety of tropical plants today and keep them indoors for the rest of the winter. It doesn't look like the lows are as cold as first predicted. Only time will tell. I'll see you al Black Friday at JFBB.

Bush has snow down on the Heaven's Gate trails. Reports from up there say they are good to go on Thanksgiving. The stuff below is a different story. The Bush doesn't have the capacity to run t2b. They can run about 3/4 of it at once. They blew some snow down low during a recent inversion, but if they are going to get t2b, they are going to have to hit it hard the next 3 days. I wouldn't be surprised if they only run to the base at night. They usually move the guns up top when snowmaking conditions are marginal to save $$$. They have a pretty strict snowmaking budget, so they try to maximize it.

spoke to some people @ blue today before i left, even if they blow, they prob won't open till dec 5, but don't hold me to that, totally informal conversations

I won't. Last year they said no way they were opening on Black Friday. Well, they did.

Temperatures are dropping a steady two degrees an hour. I'm thinking the guns will be out up at blue between 10pm and midnight.

35° at Mount Mik right now. Hiked to the top to confirm lights on at Blue.

I live about 2 miles from Elk. The lights are on and the guns are blowing, although they dont plan to open tenatively till december 9. Montage, on their facebook page, said they would be blowing tonight. 

Im hoping with 3 nights in a row of cold temps we can maybe be skiing blue or BB on black friday

• Like 1