Seriously, WTF is with this Weather?

Ride Delaware ?

You can write off a large percentage of your auto expenses, a percentage of your rent if you have a home office, any clothing necessary for your business, supplies, office equipment, phone service and even meals on the road. Your student loan has nothing to do with your business. The only think it can do is lower your credit score if you missed some payments which makes it less likely to get a business loan with good terms. The main difference between an LLC and sole proprietorship is that you and your business are one entity with a sole proprietorship while in an LLC they are different entities. To form an LLC takes much more expense, effort, paperwork and jumping through hoops while starting a business as a sole proprietorship is very easy and inexpensive which is why most small businesses start as a sole proprietorship. Other types of businesses would be a partnership and a corporation.

Here you go about student loans. You can't write off student loan payments but if you buy business books or take seminars you can write those things off.

http://thelawdictionary.org/article/as-a-sole-proprietor-can-i-write-off-my-student-loan-payments/

Doesn't look good!!!

http://www.accuweather.com/en/weather-news/el-nino-to-deliver-warmth-eastern-central-us-december-january-polar-vortex-locked/53959011

The last major El Niño 97/98 was a terrible season for blue mountain. They opened in late December but had to shut down for awhile in early to mid January and closed for the season by mid march. I skied camelback when I was home for spring break and only Marjies and a few other front trails were open. Northern Vermont had a decent season with alot of early snow with 100% of the terrain open at Stowe and sugarbush by early December followed by a major ice storm in early January and a massive meltdown in late march with 80 degree temperatures in the mountains.

Thats retarded. I never was thinking you can write off loan payments lol. asking more from an asset seizure type thing. Default loans and the bank takes my equiptment?

Im one entity right?

So how much are we talking here for insurance? Ill go into arbor soon and just talk to them but a rough idea would be nice

Thats retarded. I never was thinking you can write off loan payments lol. asking more from an asset seizure type thing. Default loans and the bank takes my equiptment?

Im one entity right?

So how much are we talking here for insurance? Ill go into arbor soon and just talk to them but a rough idea would be nice

If you default on loans they can take property or garnish wages..that doesn't mean they will but its a threat. For insurance I'm thinking max $10,000 a year. It's mainly if you cause damage on a property you are working on. PoconoOceanCity can possibly give you a better idea of insurance needed for washing buildings. We're a small business with 4 employees and don't pay much more than $20,000 a year insurance and we carry $2 million in coverage in case we are sued. That would be like if a tombstone falls on somebody or something but the odds of that are so slim.

Sba's site is making me worried.

I work part time for an llc but have been under the table for 2 years. Just recently i startd getting a pay stub and explanation of taxes. Without ever signing the form. My boss asked me how many people im claiming one day and that was it.

I dont really understand whats going on.

10k a year? Wtf. Thats more than my potential i come.

This isnt for windows or anything. This is for taking out trash in offices

Sba's site is making me worried.

I work part time for an llc but have been under the table for 2 years. Just recently i startd getting a pay stub and explanation of taxes. Without ever signing the form. My boss asked me how many people im claiming one day and that was it.

I dont really understand whats going on.10k a year? Wtf. Thats more than my potential i come.

This isnt for windows or anything. This is for taking out trash in offices

Oh well for taking trash out of offices your insurance will be tiny. Honestly if you get paid under the table you still have to pay tax on it..most don't but its still income. It's one of those situations where if a tree falls in the woods and nobody sees it fall did it still fall. If your boss ever gets audited and they need explanation for where the money went and he says he paid you X amount of dollars then yeah you're gonna owe the IRS money in federal taxes plus state taxes plus social security plus Medicare plus city taxes.

How do you get a paystub without signing a form. How did your boss get your social security number

Shadows was your boss paying you in cash or writing you personal checks??

I gave to him cause i thought i was actually going to be signing stuff eventually. I dont understand how i get a paystub either. Its a check drawn from a local bank too

That brings up a real interesting question.......

Im taking his accounts when i get insurance. If he gets audited or something couldnt i just counter sue? Cause at this point its 3 years in back taxes. Technically 6 months though? Cause ive only been on the books for 6 months?

I don't think you have to sign anything to get a payroll check. If you give social security number and if you have any dependents I think that's all they need to give to payroll company. Anyway your boss is gonna have to give you a W2 form for all those non payroll checks you received in 2015. It's required for anybody who makes over $600 on the books. Your boss will benefit because he won't have to pay your social security match so instead of paying 6.2% social security taxes you'll have to pay 12.4% essentially when you were paid a personal check vs a payroll check you were working as an independent contractor.

If you get audited you can't counter sue you knew what was going on.

A few years back I had a carpet and upholstery cleaning business going for some side money. Insurance for it was about $750 a year or so. Probably the cheapest business insurance you'll come across. I think I had $1 million dollars coverage or it might have even been $2 million. So a janitorial business should be pretty close to that.

A bond if you need it can be bought from an insurance company. The price will likely be based on your credit score. I have excellent credit and I have a $30,000 bond for my car dealership (state requirement). I pay like $185 per year for it. I can get it a little less but I just get it from my insurance company to make things simple.

Arbor Insurance like Doug said is pretty much a one stop shop. My mom's aunt used to work in the office there. I've dealt with Bruce Kraft from Arbor before and he's a nice guy to work with. In my opinion, they are a little on the expensive side, but since they are a broker for tons of insurance companies  they can shop around for you or find you insurance for hard to insure businesses that nobody else will touch.

But anyway, this weather is crazy. I was working outside all day today and it felt like late September or early October. Only nice thing about it is it saves money on heating.

• Like 2

Thanks for the info Skifreak...I always like business talk. Since I've been running the memorial company myself for the last year+ I've learned way more than I did when I was in college. Hopefully when Donald Trump becomes President he can end Obamacare...our health insurance premiums just went up 25% which is standard. Luckily we've had a really good year and will be able to pay 100% of our employees premiums and their families which is rare these days.

I have free heat where I live so not only am I not saving on heat since its included but its been blasting and I've needed to open up my living room window. Last winter with electric heat I had a few electric bills in the $200 range.

• Like 1

Yes, my health insurance from Highmark went up about 25% for next year too. People who work for a company that pays for their health insurance don't appreciate it enough as far as I'm concerned. If a company also pays for a family, that is one nice perk and these days something you don't see often. Without making things political, if someone tells me they can't afford to buy health insurance and therefore shouldn't be required to have it, my response is then how do you expect to pay the hospital bill? If you think several thousand dollars for health insurance is unaffordable, I'd love to hear how you plan on paying for a broken leg or open heart surgery.

• Like 2

Yes, my health insurance from Highmark went up about 25% for next year too. People who work for a company that pays for their health insurance don't appreciate it enough as far as I'm concerned. If a company also pays for a family, that is one nice perk and these days something you don't see often. Without making things political, if someone tells me they can't afford to buy health insurance and therefore shouldn't be required to have it, my response is then how do you expect to pay the hospital bill? If you think several thousand dollars for health insurance is unaffordable, I'd love to hear how you plan on paying for a broken leg or open heart surgery.

We have loyal employees and are super lean...our office manager and delivery guy both do the work of two people. Years ago when we did less business we had more employees. Once you give someone a perk its tough to take away. We'll just have to sell an extra mauseleum this year to make up for it. My mom had a broken leg and my dad has had both his hips replaced. Health insurance is real important. If you don't have to use it, it's not a waste you are just lucky.

• Like 3

Has anyone drive from pa to co? Shadows maybe? How long does it take. Google is showing 25 hours

I got 27 hours Philadelphia to Dillon Colorado so 25 seems possible that's with no traffic or bad weather. I wouldn't advise driving to Colorado for a ski trip. You can fly to Denver for like $300 anytime but XMAS week.

I drove to Montana and took 4+ days to get there..first day allentown to Toledo Ohio..second day Toledo to middle

Of Wisconsin..third day to the middle of North Dakota..4th day to billings Montana and final day two more hours to bozeman. After the drive home 18 months later I said never again although I may have to drive out west when I start spending winters there or just rent a car I'll see.