Seriously, WTF is with this Weather?

Ride Delaware ?

23 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

@saltyant after this monsoon, there will be plenty of water in the snowmaking ponds…remember the snowmaking that has occurred so far was just a test..it was only a test..

The fabled and ill-fated post Thanksgiving day opening is dead. Press F to pay respects. Never forget. Always remember. Nonetheless, a shopping mall filled with glorious freshly blown perder awaits only miles from the western shore of the Hudson River for skiers and snowbladers of all ages and abilities to participate in exhilarating winter sports and rip down the artificially graded slopes that are surrounded by the hussle and bustle of city folk consuming the products in nearby retail establishments.

Edited by saltyant

34 minutes ago, saltyant said:

The fabled and ill-fated post Thanksgiving day opening is dead. Press F to pay respects. Never forget. Always remember. Nonetheless, a shopping mall filled with glorious freshly blown perder awaits only miles from the western shore of the Hudson River for skiers and snowbladers of all ages and abilities to participate in exhilarating winter sports and rip down the artificially graded slopes that are surrounded by the hussle and bustle of city folk consuming the products in nearby retail establishments.

I would not recommend a Holiday Weekend at Big Snow unfortunately.  Any normal midweek day is JADIP.  Bellayre would be the play for this Friday for anyone who must make turns nearby.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, enjoralas said:

God love 'em, the snow cone machine is still out there spittin' like @GrilledSteezeSandwich when the karaoke machine comes out.

https://springmountainadventures.com/webcam/

They really know their market, bar for the parents up top and some kind of snow for the daycare. Half the parents of Montgo drop their kids off after school and pick them up when it closes. 

I'd bet they do way better weekday numbers than Blue particularly in liquor sales where you can actually make money. 

59 minutes ago, saltyant said:

WJW, won't you just stand in line for 2 hours? If I go it'll be on Saturday.

I doubt it at opening.  I made the mistake of going on a less popular holiday monday once and it wasn't the worst.  Saturday will be busier I would image, I've never gone on a weekend.  If your just testing gear though, who cares it is legit snow on a legit little slope.

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Do you work overnight shift and then ski after work? 

Yes sir sometimes, that's what I did every Sunday you saw me last season.  Most weekdays I sleep for a few hours and get to the hill a few hours before the school kids.

Edited by DiMe

31 minutes ago, DiMe said:

Yes sir sometimes, that's what I did every Sunday you saw me last season.  Most weekdays I sleep for a few hours and get to the hill a few hours before the school kids.

Weekdays are the best…I just took shot of 2023 jack daniels followed by a shot of 1975 jack daniels way different.  And have a weed pill stuck in my throat I swear I need another to push this down lol we’ll be skiing and riding at blue soon maybe next week. 

14 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Weekdays are the best…I just took shot of 2023 jack daniels followed by a shot of 1975 jack daniels way different.  And have a weed pill stuck in my throat I swear I need another to push this down lol we’ll be skiing and riding at blue soon maybe next week. 

I have a sleeve of butterscotch shots for opening day!  You have to try my sour gummies, blows those pills away.

Edited by DiMe

8 minutes ago, DiMe said:

I have a sleeve of butterscotch shots for opening day!  You have to try my sour gummies, blows those pills away.

Ok I’ll try!!! Not doing those with a drive ahead..I don’t want to wind up in a newspaper article.  Atomic Jeff will tell you about the time I was to stoned to get on a bus in Jackson hole lol. 

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, DiMe said:

I doubt it at opening.  I made the mistake of going on a less popular holiday monday once and it wasn't the worst.  Saturday will be busier I would image, I've never gone on a weekend.  If your just testing gear though, who cares it is legit snow on a legit little slope.

What's it like in the big snow? Is it super cold? Should I dress like a cosmonaut? Will there be ice which is nice? Should I wear a face diaper?

Edited by saltyant

53 minutes ago, saltyant said:

What's it like in the big snow? Is it super cold? Should I dress like a cosmonaut? Will there be ice which is nice? Should I wear a face diaper?

It will be 28 degrees steady with no breeze, dress accordingly.  The snow as has been described to me but I cannot say from personal experience very much like typical west coast packed powder groomers.  Ice never really forms the temperature is to steady, the snow is always dry and soft.

Edited by DiMe
  • Thanks 1