Seriously, WTF is with this Weather?

Ride Delaware ?

Between my new board, bindings, and season pass, I got a lot of money sitting in limbo right now

Those are all sunk costs and you've already been out twice. When its January 15th and blue is still closed that's when you panic. It's still only December 8th. As I have said before with climate change we are gonna eventually have a year with no ski season here. This might be it.

Yes, my health insurance from Highmark went up about 25% for next year too. People who work for a company that pays for their health insurance don't appreciate it enough as far as I'm concerned. If a company also pays for a family, that is one nice perk and these days something you don't see often. Without making things political, if someone tells me they can't afford to buy health insurance and therefore shouldn't be required to have it, my response is then how do you expect to pay the hospital bill? If you think several thousand dollars for health insurance is unaffordable, I'd love to hear how you plan on paying for a broken leg or open heart surgery.

As someone who couldn't afford health insurance between the ages of 18-25, the answer is simple: don't break your leg or have a heart attack. It sucked having to be concerned with these things as a skier... There were a lot of risks (jumps, cliffs, etc.) I didn't take that my friends did and it was because I knew I didn't have health insurance. Now, at 36 and with employer subsidized insurance, I only take calculated risks because it's fucking expensive to pay hospital bills even with insurance.

Did you get other car/cars shipped??? Welcome back kragan!!!

We had my wife's car shipped.  She already had a ton of miles on it and the cost of shipping wasn't too bad so I think it was worth it in the end.

Early season conditions out here have been really nice.  My first day of the season I was skiing shin to knee deep in the trees with a pretty decent base underneath.  More snow coming this weekend!

We had my wife's car shipped.  She already had a ton of miles on it and the cost of shipping wasn't too bad so I think it was worth it in the end.

Early season conditions out here have been really nice.  My first day of the season I was skiing shin to knee deep in the trees with a pretty decent base underneath.  More snow coming this weekend!

Glad you are having fun...if not for my job here id prob be back put west.

Looks like some colder (but not cold) air will be coming to New England sometime early next week. Should be able to make some decent snow, but it looks like it may still be too warm to optimally blow down low. Unless we get a dump, beginner terrain will really be lacking up here.

Looks like some colder (but not cold) air will be coming to New England sometime early next week. Should be able to make some decent snow, but it looks like it may still be too warm to optimally blow down low. Unless we get a dump, beginner terrain will really be lacking up here.

I'm just looking for any terrain at this point.

I don't think any PASRs would travel to Vermont for beginner terrain.

Wow RideDE you already have 9 days in. What do you do with yourself at sugarbush when you're not riding? Do you go into Burlington at all??

I pretty much patrol every day so that I have something to do. I don't like to just sit around after 2-3 hours on the same terrain. I'll start going elsewhere when conditions and terrain improves.

Going to Waterbury tonight to Blue Stone pizza. Can't wait till the one open in the valley.

• Like 1