Seriously, WTF is with this Weather?

Ride Delaware ?

I can only imagine the masses of park rats lining every inch of that trail...

last season they had 2 trails for opening day, one with features and one without.  the one without features was empty, but got boring after 20 mins.  the crowded park trail was alot funner because you can do human slalom.  since the trails are like 150 ft vertical, you gotta do what you can to make them interesting

• Like 1

last season they had 2 trails for opening day, one with features and one without. the one without features was empty, but got boring after 20 mins. the crowded park trail was alot funner because you can do human slalom. since the trails are like 150 ft vertical, you gotta do what you can to make them interesting

I'm sure it was more fun. However, they also opened up significantly later...

Camelback just posted on facebook they are planning on a thanksgiving opening

edit:  they were referring to their tubing park.  LOLZ

Thats kind of a confusing post they put up.  Saying they like the snowmaking temps they see around the 19th.  They are making snow, but i guess its on the tubing hill.  Kudos to them for concentrating on tubing.  i wish i had a season pass there.  (sarcastic font, btw)

• Like 1

Thats kind of a confusing post they put up.  Saying they like the snowmaking temps they see around the 19th.  They are making snow, but i guess its on the tubing hill.  Kudos to them for concentrating on tubing.  i wish i had a season pass there.  (sarcastic font, btw)

Not sure why people hate on CB all the time here. Sure, it's a crowded hell hole filled with Jersey gapers on weekend afternoons. But go early morning or late afternoon, it's fantastic. Both high speed lifts get you up 800 feet in 3.5 minutes, and you have lots of trails to choose from with variety. They had all 37 trails open nearly the entire winter last year, something that could not be said for Montage.

Is it an Elk Mountain? No. Elk is the best for terrain, scenery and snow quality hands down in NEPA. But the lifts are slow, and it's expense as hell. So CB it is for me this year.

• Like 2

Not sure why people hate on CB all the time here. Sure, it's a crowded hell hole filled with Jersey gapers on weekend afternoons. But go early morning or late afternoon, it's fantastic. Both high speed lifts get you up 800 feet in 3.5 minutes, and you have lots of trails to choose from with variety. They had all 37 trails open nearly the entire winter last year, something that could not be said for Montage.

Is it an Elk Mountain? No. Elk is the best for terrain, scenery and snow quality hands down in NEPA. But the lifts are slow, and it's expense as hell. So CB it is for me this year.

So, as a season passholder to Camelback, you are stoked right now that they are only blowing on the tubing hill?  

Edited by JFskiDan
  • Like 2

i think camelback is the second best mountain in PA

Blue doesn't mess around with their snowmaking. I genuinely think Blue will blow enough snow for some of it to last until the next cold snap.

Hell yes. My newly minted SuperPass gives me unlimited access to the tubing hill Monday through Friday, excluding holidays. I'm getting totally stoked right now.

Way to get after it and welcome to PASR SallyAnt...

• Like 1

The Sullivan high speed quad is just over 600 vertical feet the Stevenson is 800 vertical feet but at Blue the six pack is 1052 vert and the quad is a 1080 vert and the runs are way way way better than at Camelback..the parking is also way better..so easy to go back to car and swap skis or down a Capri sun.. Blue had most of their 39 runs open last year including X-ing, shuttle, easy out, and Yeti Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich
  • Like 1

Blue doesn't mess around with their snowmaking. I genuinely think Blue will blow enough snow for some of it to last until the next cold snap.

Way to get after it and welcome to PASR SallyAnt...

Thanks Steeze. I've been lurking on here for quite a while now, and decided to finally make an account.

I've only been to Blue once, last Valentine's Day, and thought the single rider queue on the six-pack was a clusterfuck. Most people don't factor that into where they buy a pass, but my goal is to make as many runs as I can - personal record is 62 in a day at CB.

Plus that RFID chip card is a pain after a while, and I can't lazily cruise on the interstate from Hazleton to get to Blue.

#1 reason to hate on CB - no tailgating, and it's a long walk from the lot to the lift

Not if you know where to go. There's a perfect parking spot near the Stevenson lift that's always empty in the morning... I probably shouldn't tell everyone that ;)

Edited by saltyant
  • Like 1

As a side note, i have read from 3 different outlets about strong storm signals for the Thanksgiving time frame.  Will it come true?  who knows, just buckle up, sit tight, and lets see how it plays out.  If it does happen to snow around Thanksgiving, Camelbacks tubing will be baller.  

As a side note, i have read from 3 different outlets about strong storm signals for the Thanksgiving time frame.  Will it come true?  who knows, just buckle up, sit tight, and lets see how it plays out.  If it does happen to snow around Thanksgiving, Camelbacks tubing will be baller.  

I'm away that weekend. I'll have to tube during the week if they stay open.

• Like 2

#1 reason to hate on CB - no tailgating, and it's a long walk from the lot to the lift

The one time at Camelback me and Dime weren't even through half of a beer when security told us that wasn't allowed in the lot. The same thing happened with matt edge and TheDude4Bides

SallyAnt I'll be looking forward to your reports from Camelback.

The one time at Camelback me and Dime weren't even through half of a beer when security told us that wasn't allowed in the lot. The same thing happened with matt edge and TheDude4Bides

SallyAnt I'll be looking forward to your reports from Camelback.

Will do. I see Blue is blowing like crazy. Makes me a little sad - maybe I'll go Blue for 2018-2019.

Polar Vortex inbound?

https://www.accuweather.com/en/weather-news/polar-vortex-may-unleash-bitterly-cold-air-snow-for-northeastern-us-prior-to-thanksgiving/70003223

• Like 1

I still think Blue Knob has Blue beat on terrain if we are considering ALL of PA, but in NEPA, I think Blue definitely has anything other than Elk beat. Haven't been to Montage in forever though. That could beat it out, but I doubt it...

Edited by Ride Delaware ?
  • Like 1

Will do. I see Blue is blowing like crazy. Makes me a little sad - maybe I'll go Blue for 2018-2019.

Polar Vortex inbound?

https://www.accuweather.com/en/weather-news/polar-vortex-may-unleash-bitterly-cold-air-snow-for-northeastern-us-prior-to-thanksgiving/70003223

A lot of former Camelback season pass holders at Blue. They saw the light and the light is blue. Where do you live SallyAnt?

A lot of former Camelback season pass holders at Blue. They saw the light and the light is blue. Where do you live SallyAnt?

Hazleton. CB, Blue & Montage are the same distance from me. Jack Frost is a little closer, but I love night skiing and BB is way too small.

Why do people like Blue so much better? Is it mostly because of the terrain? I know CB gives off that family friendly, once-a-year skiier, millennial type of culture, which is kind of irritating. Maybe that's part of the reason, but I assume the crowds at both Blue & CB are about the same due to their proximity to major cities.

Edited by saltyant