Seriously, WTF is with this Weather?

Ride Delaware ?

Hazleton. CB, Blue & Montage are the same distance from me. Jack Frost is a little closer, but I love night skiing and BB is way too small.

Why do people like Blue so much better? Is it mostly because of the terrain? I know CB gives off that family friendly, once-a-year skiier, millennial type of culture, which is kind of irritating. Maybe that's part of the reason, but I assume the crowds at both Blue & CB are about the same due to their proximity to major cities.

there is a lot of irrational camelback hate on this site

• Like 1

there is a lot of irrational camelback hate on this site

I love going to Camelback for FirstTrax at 7:30 am. Last year, every trail was open and perfectly groomed, and they blew large piles of snow whenever they could. Yeah, it sucks big time once 10-11 am hits and there's 100+ people/gapers in line at the Stevenson lift, but they usually run a few slow lifts, like Bailey, which don't have any lines.  I take a lunch break at 2-3 pm, and from 6-9 pm the crowds disappear and open up the whole mountain to fantastic night skiing.

I always found Camelback's terrain to be pretty fun and diverse, especially their blue runs. The 5 diamonds are kind of similar in that they're steep at the top and then level out, but Cliffhanger is still a blast.

• Like 1

I love going to Camelback for FirstTrax at 7:30 am. Last year, every trail was open and perfectly groomed, and they blew large piles of snow whenever they could. Yeah, it sucks big time once 10-11 am hits and there's 100+ people/gapers in line at the Stevenson lift, but they usually run a few slow lifts, like Bailey, which don't have any lines.  I take a lunch break at 2-3 pm, and from 6-9 pm the crowds disappear and open up the whole mountain to fantastic night skiing.

I always found Camelback's terrain to be pretty fun and diverse, especially their blue runs. The 5 diamonds are kind of similar in that they're steep at the top and then level out, but Cliffhanger is still a blast.

camelback is second best mountain in PA after blue.  they have nice trail variety and high speed lifts on each side of the mountain

someone pointed that out on CB's facebook page and they said the temps are rising and the snow will all melt.  ya next week but temps are gonna be dropping rapidly today

Haha, that was me. I mean come on, even Montage is blowing??? After their abysmal season last year I'm pretty impressed, maybe there's hope for Montage yet.

Edited by saltyant
  • Like 1

Burma suxAnd I would give anything to ski it tomorrow

I remember years ago on gaper day I cut Melissa off in one of the corners to pass her and she ended up in the net. She was in good spirits at least.post-512-0-76357700-1510348665_thumb.png

Tarponhead what's your favorite non mogul run at Blue? For me probably switchback

• Like 1

Oddly enough, more people got fucked up on, or maybe off of Burma than anywhere else last year.

I don’t doubt it or consider it odd. Typically Burma is scraped off boiler plate in center with nasty sugar piles on sides in a series of switchbacks. Not optimal for beginners trying to make their way to valley floor and the bliss of lazy.