SAD

Shadows

thought this would be good for Hump day (the first part at least)

Seasonal affective disorder (also called SAD) is a type of depression that occurs at the same time every year. If you're like most people with seasonal affective disorder, your symptoms start in the fall and may continue into the winter months, sapping your energy and making you feel moody. Less often, seasonal affective disorder causes depression in the spring or early summer.

I like that tp4 thought sensi was "nicer" hahaha.

I, am Bipolar. among other things. (anti social, narcissistic etc)

I just got done reading an 800 page bipolar treatment book published by the american psychiatric assoc. that explains and defines literally every antidepressant/antipsychotic/mood stabilizer in the industry thats both approved and not approved by the FDA. It explains how to utilize them, how to administer them/what dosages, what kind of tests were done with them, how effective they are, side effects, addiction, harm numbers, hurt numbers, treat numbers...... literally everything a doctor would want to know about them.

and ive come to the conclusion... marijuana is infinitely better in 90% of cases.

I have not smoked in roughly 6 months because people around me dont understand "pot" so i stopped. now they think im suicidal (which honestly, im not going to deny)

Im terrified of my mother coming on here (because she does sometimes) and finding all my ridiculously depressed threads on here.

I have no season pass this year

:(

its going to be tough.

• Like 1

as weird as it sounds, i totally understand where you're coming from. i'm not sure if its seasonal affective disorder, but i definitely get into a weird mood in the fall when ski season starts happening elsewhere but we're still stuck waiting for snow.

me too, ive been super pissy lately seeing all kinds of shit happening in CO on fb, etc. I just want ski season to start already

I always found late fall in PA to be unbearably depressing. That period between the leaves dropping (no more warm sunny days) and the real cold arriving just feels like a waste of 6-8 weeks. Despite the fact I have to drive 3 hours to find snow now, at least the weather is still decent for other activities and the season really sneaks up on you. Having said that, I'm still itching to get up to the mountains once they open up, nothing can change that need to ski / ride.

I love fall. It means winter is right around the corner. SAD is manageable with light therapy. Get yer azzes outta bed by 6AM and go for a long hike and absorb some sunlite.

yup. find something else to do. i am still content golfing, mountain biking, and running outside enjoying the weather the best that i can until mother nature's dandruff falls.

a pass to blue costs 700 dollars.

i see blue is now charging per vertical foot. honestly, anyone who paid that price is out of there god damn mind.

on topic--- i know what you are saying about the SAD. i am without a doubt victim of it. fall for me is really hard, and the past few years have been even worse due to financial worries on top of it. shadows, keep you head up buddy. it gets better as the years pass. every year fall has been easier on me, and while i still get a bit bummed it is way more manageable. moe has some great advice, get out early and get active. even if it is just a walk/run/jog/ride through the neighborhood. the cardio gets your blood moving and the sun helps. i've also found that planning in advance for the season helps. save up a lil extra loot july-september and plan a light vacation or getaway for the end of october. gives you something to look forward to as your mood drops with the leaves. then when you get back you've just got a few weeks before the snow falls. i know you're season is not looking all too promising, but if your anything like me snow makes me happy. even if you can't make turns on it. so keep on keepin on brotha!

shadows fund :lol:

i just cant stand PA. period.

stevo is still around. hes a telephone guy working the pole. doesnt ride much/if at all plus he turned into a douchebag.

noboby skis around here, you cereal? its pa. the only people that ski hawdcore are the ones who ski alone or with butt buddies or on holidays.

me too (especially if I can pay through the site), this is one of the most depressing posts ever on PASR, can't even begin to imagine how he's feeling.

I'll talk with Jeff and see if we can set something up. If anything, I can just start up a paypal account that is for this reason.

I could sell off some of my gear and donate the money towards it.

serious? dont do that... thats fuckin dumb.

my plan is to win some contest at blue for skrilla. fuck kevin, hes starting to suck.

and the whole "going outside" "doing something to keep you busy" thing doesnt work.

if i have a job/social life/go outside/live life everyone thinks im on drugs.

if i do nothing sit inside all day everyone thinks im suicidal.

Edited by Shadows

serious? dont do that... thats fuckin dumb.

my plan is to win some contest at blue for skrilla. fuck kevin, hes starting to suck.

and the whole "going outside" "doing something to keep you busy" thing doesnt work.

Why does it matter what everyone else thinks. Who gives a shit.

If having a job, going outside and living life = others thinking yer on drugs, you need new friends/family. That said, I'd rather people think I'm on drugs and getting something done than suicidal. Seriously, you need to stop listening to others telling you what's wrong with you and start figuring out what's right for you. Get off the interwebz and go rake some leaves, it's a beautiful day out.

• Like 1