Pico goes non smoking

sexkitten

I mean, I'm allergic to smoke, but it usually doesn't bother me too much to be around it... That being said, I go out of my way (within reason), not to be around it too often... I usually don't wait in liftlines since I usually board midweek, so it hasn't ever bothered me too often... I wouldn't have a problem banning it in liftlines since other people do have to stand around it, but I believe that common courtesy (asking your lift partner) if you can smoke, should be allowed... I think my biggest beef is that the majority of smokers throw their cig butts on the ground... Its just unsightly... I clean up hundreds of them at my complex even when a trash can and ash stash are right beside it... In the end, I will be interested to see how well it is enforced... Even if they had made designated smoking areas around the lodge it might have been better... I am usually against straight bans because they aren't logical and usually arent well enforced... I believe that you have a choice, and thats why I am ok with banning in a lift line, because its difficult to choose not to ski or to leave the liftline and still ski... But if your lift partner uses common sense and asks, or if they put in a designated smoking area, and your stupid enough to stand around or allow the lift partner to smoke, then its your own damn fault...

smoking in the lift line is pretty rude/wack, and that's coming from a smoker. especially on crowded days. smoking on the lift sucks too, it's all windy and stupid. smoking anywhere on the hill is pretty gay now that I think about it (besides the parking lot).

I think my biggest beef is that the majority of smokers throw their cig butts on the ground... Its just unsightly... I clean up hundreds of them at my complex even when a trash can and ash stash are right beside it

I hate that too and I'm a smoker, rip the filter off and stick it in your pocket. Butts take like 9 million years to decompose.

• Like 1

Sneezing and coughing in public should come with a fine it spreads germs and makes people sick. I can understand banning smoking from the lift lines, lift and a certain distance from buildings but overall outside is messed up. People are assholes for throwing butts on the ground though.

Edited by DiMe

the only problem with anti smoking is they usually get rid of the butt buckets. people will still smoke, and then instead of disposing of their butts properly just flick them. they did that at bucks when I went there and after the ban the campus was covered in butts, it truely looked like shit. then they hired some hobo dude to clean them up, who later wound up assaulting a student. see where smoking bans get you?

I'm actually OK with this. They're a private entity and if they don't want smoking on their property they have the right to that. Another option would have been to just ban smoking in the liftline or on the lift and create a designated smoking area outside of the lodge. Either way, I could give a rats.

so you support weed smoke in public but not cigarette smoke? kinda hypocritical to pick one smoke you like and say that is ok, but pick another you dont and say it isnt ok

not really. and i never said i smoke in public.

you really want to argue about weed smoke vs cig smoke. because really there isnt any comparison, but you know me... i have nothing better to do.

• Like 1

I.E smoke shack, off to the side.

the issue with cig smoke is that its stagnant in places like lift lines/lodge decks/and on the lift its blown directly back to you. places where generally people dont smoke weed.

people think cigs smell "dirty" where as weed is just "funny"

even if i did, we could've argued when i was posting this morning, cause i was bored in class. now im at home after work and im in no mood to argue, just chill and wish i had some pizza lol

oh yea? well i dont do shit all day. in fact i just woke up cause im a fuckin loser. what now?

• Like 1