Friday 1/21/11 Weather Watch

Ride Delaware ?

Started watching this one as soon as the last one left... In typical fashion, this storm will have a midwest storm and a southeast storm associated with it... Unfortunately, the Southeast storm will not mix with this storm until it reaches the coast of Maine, so this storm will mostly rely on the moisture it is bringing with it across the nation's heartland... Luckily for us (or you), it has more moisture than the last couple storms did (which did meet up with the Southeast Storm), and it should yield a decent amount of snow... As Moe stated in another thread, it looks to be 3-6 inches now, but if more moisture creeps in, it could be a little more... With temps in the low 20's, this should be an all snow event, even for you goobers down there at "Blue the True." Since I will be at K-Mart (again :blink:) next week, and also have a late family X-Mas in Jersey this weekend (sickness related), I expect some of you to get out there and get the pow for me... With my luck I'll get some good groomers at the K, but probably no fresh pow... Happy Hunting PA!!!

I'm guessing Blue Knob barely haz any natural snow on the ground as central PA haz missed alot of the recent storms. Anybody know what % of runs the knob blows on. I'd definitely like to shred the knob sometime no homo.

probably 70%, the runs that are currently closed are the glades and the steep shit off the traverse. None of which I think they blow on....extrovert has guns I think but I can't think of a time they have actually blown there.

The east traverse glades are boney as all hell so I can't see how 6" is going to make that difference but who knows.

Skied the knob a bunch while I was at IUP for a year. Glades never opened once and I thought it was a decent year for snowfall <_< They do blow on Extrovert but not nearly as much as they should. Was always an icy death for me. With some natural snow though they have some nice runs. Slow lifts but still a fun hill and even when we got 10 inches of fresh stuff, still never any crowds. No major roads go into it so no one ever goes. Everyone out there loves Seven Springs. Unless you ride park, I never understood it. Long drive from the eastern side and I would say it isn't worth it unless they get hammered.

We are just supposed to get a dusting here in Delaware... I can complain all I want, but it looks like a substantial storm could be developing at the beginning of next week, and I will be keeping an eye on it... It could go straight out to sea, or it could potentially be a blizzard... It may be K-Mart, but I'll take pow anywhere... Wouldn't mind me some powder... I guess I'll start a thread for that storm as soon as this one passes!!!