Wednesday 1/26/11 Weather Watch

Ride Delaware ?

Hello Everybody...here is my 9PM observation..

29 degrees...winds around 10mph...1.5 inches new in the past hour..

620-700PM..3/4 inch

700-800PM..2+ inches

800-900PM..1.5 inches

total...4 and 1/4 inches+...and it is dumping hard..I was pretty wet after being outside for under 10 minutes. I bet there's almost 5 inches new by now and that's on top of the 2 inches this morning and mixed precip..

Sounds exactly like that dump that hit New England in February last year. The one that dumped like 100" on the skillz in 2-3 days. We were at Magic and it was so wet that I was soaked through my gear, which is all 10,000/10,000 within an hour. Real tough boarding. Twisted AFroman7's knee... Great for base building... Riding, not so much... 30" of wet snow just leads to a bunch of sinking... And hiking...

Edited by Ride Delaware ?

Hello Everybody...here is my 9PM observation..

29 degrees...winds around 10mph...1.5 inches new in the past hour..

620-700PM..3/4 inch

700-800PM..2+ inches

800-900PM..1.5 inches

total...4 and 1/4 inches+...and it is dumping hard..I was pretty wet after being outside for under 10 minutes. I bet there's almost 5 inches new by now and that's on top of the 2 inches this morning and mixed precip..

Keep 'em coming GSS!bow.gif

Just got done my last shoveling for the night. Truck is loaded and ready for tomorrow morning. Praying the plows get out early enough so i dont have a 2.5 hour ride. 2 hours i can deal with.

Totals here in the Bucks County from my place.

4 9/16"

Shoveled the 2.5 that fell since the sleet ended and by the time i finished about 1/8th of an inch fell already.

Wind isn't bad and the temp reads 26 degrees outside.

Snow was pretty wet though.

I was just out filling the bimmer up with gas and snowblowing. Bimmer had some trouble moving from where it was parked at my house, but once I got some momentum going, all was well. It's really piling up, I just hope my street has been plowed tomorrow AM, or I'm taking the X3.

The snow is really wet. I'm glad I snowblowed some tonight or else it would've been really tough tomorrow AM trying to move it all out of the way. As soon as I made a pass with the blower, it was almost already covered up...JADIP.

I shoveled when I got home at 6:30 and it was about 6". I just got in from shoveling again and it was at least 8" not including drifts. Some snow blew back in but there is at least 12" of undrifted snow on the table on my deck here in Perkasie south of Quakertown. Everthing is covered again with another 1/2 inch.

Fuck me in the ass, got about 1/2 way thru clearing my driveway and the blower conked out. Any suggestions? It ran fine this AM, then just petered out. If I restart it and keep hitting the primer knob it runs, once I stop priming, it stops.

Edited by moeghoul

Fuck me in the ass, got about 1/2 way thru clearing my driveway and the blower conked out. Any suggestions? It ran fine this AM, then just petered out. If I restart it and keep hitting the primer knob it runs, once I stop priming, it stops.

will it run with the choke on? either its not getting fuel, or its getting too much air. i have a shitty 2 stroke blower that vibrates so much that the needle valve for the fuel works itself closed, and starts sputering. just an idea, and without knowing what kind of engine it is, kind of a crap shoot....but on the carb there should be a thumb screw with a spring on it...you can try turning it out some, (loosen it) just try to remember how many turns you take it out, so you can get it back where it was.

My school has cancelled all classes today. First time in like 10 years that has happened...I've got about 15 inches of snow in my yard. the piles of snow I shoveled are taller than me...over 6 foot tall!! thundersnow was abundant last night.

will it run with the choke on? either its not getting fuel, or its getting too much air. i have a shitty 2 stroke blower that vibrates so much that the needle valve for the fuel works itself closed, and starts sputering. just an idea, and without knowing what kind of engine it is, kind of a crap shoot....but on the carb there should be a thumb screw with a spring on it...you can try turning it out some, (loosen it) just try to remember how many turns you take it out, so you can get it back where it was.

ended up being a clogged fuel line and crap in the carb. Kind of a blessing, cuz my first instinct this morning was to 4WD thru the driveway snow, ski at Blue, then come back and blow out the driveway. Luckily, I called our local True Value store that's got a repair shop and Bob the mechanic said I'd be first in line if I dropped it off. I had the trailer hitched up, the blower loaded and got it to the shop in bout 15 minutes, lol. Best $90 I spent in a while. Bummed I missed out on the morning session. My dad's coming up today, maybe I'll talk him into a day up at Blue. I'll break out the tele gear and ski the greenies with him if he's game. About 15-18" here, I might have to go out in the woods around here in the morning if I can't make it to blue tomorrow.

Edited by moeghoul