sugestions for trip

tom nepa

Kids want to go to a big mt to see something different I haven't been to Killington or any other big place in 20 years I am looking for suggestions of where to go and stay We will be going on Feb 26 -28 so it is the weekend after after presidents day. For lodging we are not looking for anything fancy just clean. Thanks

Figure out how far you want to drive, if the kids want a terrain park or not, and look at some ski and stay packages while keeping an eye on the weather. Prices may be the deciding factor as to where you go. The question is too broad and open ended to give a suggestion.

My non skier wife and my not ready to ski big mountains kid loved lake placid.

I love lake placid, ive never skied whiteface but have been to lake placid plenty of times for a hockey tournament and think its a great town. I second this option.

Thanks Kids are 13 and 16 both snowboard and do like terrain parks but also like to to play on the steeper slopes too I am a good inter and like to ski the steeper terrain but keep it on the ground 8 hours from Scranton is about the limit

Edited by tom nepa

Thanks Kids are 13 and 16 both snowboard and do like terrain parks but also like to to play on the steeper slopes too I am a good inter and like to ski the steeper terrain but keep it on the ground 8 hours from Scranton is about the limit

8 hours gets you pretty much anywhere! Based on your post above, you may want to look into Mt. Snow. You can probably make it from Scranton in 4 1/2.

Definitely check out the deals at Mt. Snow, Okemo, and Stratton. Okemo and Stratton have deals that give you a free ski day on Monday if you stay the weekend. Check the deals out online then before you book, call them directly to see if there is a better deal. Both Mt. Snow and Stratton have less expensive lodges at the base. Avoid the high speed lifts after 10:00am and especially that thing they call a gondola at Stratton on Sat. & Sun. to avoid lift lines. Everywhere will be ski on on Monday.

Have fun and let us know where you went and how it was.

Edited by trackbiker

We always have a good time at mt snow - lotta blue cruisers for sure but my son and have a blast in the woods, north face, carynthia (i like that natural feaures trail), the moguls on the sunny side or whatever it is, etc. okemo on the other hand never made much of an impression on me, to be honest i can't remember one thing about the mountain - good or bad...