Calling all PASR friends!!!

toast21602

So in May, I'm going to be traveling to San Francisco de Yojoa, Honduras for a mission trip with Moravian College and St. Luke's Hospital to provide medical care and supplies to remote villages who do not have access to the most basic medical care. I'm extremely excited to get down there. Hopefully it will be a good experience and will make me have more appreciation for what I have in life. Everybody who is going, is individually collecting money to help purchase supplies and medicines that can be distributed to the families that are in most need of care. Any amount will help.

The money that we will be collecting will not only help purchase medicine and medical supplies, but it will also aide in the purchase of shoes, water jugs and filters, tooth brushes, reading glasses, etc... all the things that we take for granted.

Clearly, this isn't the most prosperous of times to be tossing money around to donate, but it doesn't hurt to ask. A few years back PASR members helped make a huge donation to Relay for Life when I participated in that, and I'm hoping that the same will happen again. Instead of buying that extra beer at the bar, throw that $5 this way so we can buy a pair of reading glasses or a pair of shoes for a kid.

Also, if you any of you choose to donate, you can claim it on your taxes for next year. I've already donated a few hundred to the organization (besides paying for my own plane ticket to get there) and I'm hoping that some of you can help me raise a little more. (If you can afford $100 for a lift ticket to Aspen, I think you can afford a few $ to put shoes on a child) We are all supposed to set a goal of $500.

When I get down there in May, the mission house that we will be staying at will have a generator for electricity and lighting at night, and they said it will have an internet connection so I have been selected to "blog" about the trip every day for both the school and hospital.

Hopefully I get some participation from you guys, but if not, I understand why (maybe).

Donate here:

http://johnmikovits....5bbc4b4d8479727

or to my paypal account

or send me a PM. Checks can be written directly to the organization, with my name on the memo line.(this is the preferred method, if you don't trust me then the funds go directly to the organization and dispersed into my fund raising account... as long as you put my name on the memo)

post-511-0-71826000-1301593897_thumb.png

Edited by toast21602

PS- it's not an April Fool's Day joke.... I'm going May 21st-28th.

i didnt think it was. it would be real fucked up to joke about missionary work to gain money, plus im pretty sure 90% of this board knows you and would know if you were joking.

done. to continue on the philanthropic note (and because i've been seeing a ton of their ads lately...), check out tom's shoes if you need some new shoes for the spring. the guys' ones are sort of goofy looking, but they're comfy if you've got a wide foot. as i'm sure a bunch of you already know, for every pair of shoes they sell, they donate another pair to a child somewhere that can't afford them. pretty cool business model if you ask me.

good job mursing!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

how much did you raise...Trip Report..

sorry, i thought i posted this blog that we put together along the trip. my apologies since i said i would post something about it. any questions, feel free to ask. i haven't been on this site much since i've been busy with a lot of other things going on.

http://mamaproject2011.blogspot.com/

also, a special thanks to all those who contributed. the amount of medical supplies and drugs that we were able to take was overwhelming. thanks.